chapter 1

Something Little
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinah was undoubtedly the unluckiest woman alive, she worked too late these past few days due to an upcoming project regarding one of the biggest shows in the name of media and as one of screenwriters, she was asked to always work overtime changing scripts and asking the actors and actresses to do what they have to do, besides, the constant stress from her upcoming book made her feel unwanted and unsecure inside her home especially if she’s still awake at 12 o’ clock in the morning, surfing the internet for more facts about a certain topic she wanted to include in her book.

          But what made it worse is that no one could ever comfort her and tell her all about the good things she could do because just as she got more projects and more books published, her lovelife eventually failed.

          With several groans and facepalming and heavy breaths, she finally found what she was looking for and as soon as she clicked the link on her laptop mindlessly, a doorbell woke her up from her focus, she stood up and grabbed a knife with her while walking to go to the main door to see who the intruder was.

          Who will knock at this time of the day in my door really? She thought to herself as her heart beat faster and her walk became slower and slower until she found herself standing on the main door, holding the knob with the knife on the other.

          As she pressed a button on the machine to see who was standing right in front of her door, she was shocked and astonished to see who it was.

          Jinah, being her confused self eventually opened the door as soon as she saw the boy right in front of him, he doesn’t look like he’s drunk or he was high on drugs, he doesn’t even do drugs.

          She stood there with her arms crossed and her eyebrows rose high as she looked at her ex-boyfriend, the same man who broke her heart and left her when she needed comfort the most.

          “Hi.” Baekhyun muttered an awkward greeting as she looked at him with uneasiness, however, sadness and emptiness were evident in her black orbs and Baekhyun never forgot to look at her eyes for the answers.

          “So…What brought you here? At this kind of hour? In my house? Alone?” Jinah asked, finally standing tall but her eyes still locked with the taller one.

          “Oh, I-can I ask you something?” Baekhyun asked, rubbing his nape and looking at his ex-girlfriend.

          “You’re asking me now. Are you going to ask about the show I’m working on, do you want to be there with your group?” She asked, feeling proud at what she said and what she achieved from the past few months.

          “Not really, I have to ask you if you can hel-“ Baekhyun was cut off by a tiny voice peeking behind him.

          “Can I pee?” The little kid asked as she tugged on Baekhyun’s jeans, the latter looked at the youngest girl and then looked at Jinah.

          Jinah had her eyes wide open and clamped to keep herself from shouting, the younger girl made a puppy eyes and looked at the adults.

          “Really?” Jinah asked out of the blue. Baekhyun shook his head and was about to mumble valid explanations but Jinah shook her hand right in front of his face and turned her back, opening the door wider so the three of them could enter the house.

          “Can I pee now?” The youngest kid asked, Baekhyun guided her to the bathroom and waited at the sofa to probably talk with his ex-girlfriend.

          Jinah, being her cold self, was struggling to look at Baekhyun to even ask explanations and look for answers instead, she went to her table and found out that her laptop was drained, causing more anguish.

          She hasn’t clicked the article yet and now it’s off, gone. Jinah thought that whenever Baekhyun was around her vicinity, her life would be unluckier than it already was.

          Jinah groaned and slammed her laptop shut, Baekhyun was quietly sitting on the sofa as i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter