LOG 3

Bulletproof- PART 1.0

“Is everyone ready?” Jimin mumbled in the small microphone attached on the collar of his dress shirt while Taehyung fumbled with his pants, dusting off invisible specks of dust.

“We are all good” I said back to him. Me and Hoseok hyung were seated in his car, a few hundred meters away (in case they needed backup), intently watching the two of them as they stood outside the entrance of the NGO.

“You guys better come back in one piece” Hoseok grumbled back, “Or I swear to God, I am not saving you in case you bust your asses. And if Seokjin finds out…….”

“Chill hyung” Jimin almost giggled at Hoseok’s half- nervous/half- angry rant, “We got this…...” He straightened his collar again, turning to look at his partner.

“Ready?” Taehyung nodded back at him.

“We are relying on your acting skills Tae. If you get this, our job is done here” Jimin smiled at him.

“You can count on me” Taehyung said calmly, turning to walk inside the building, soon disappearing from our view.

“Will they be okay?” Hoseok asked me, worry latched onto his voice

“They’ll be fine” I smiled back at him, “Its Jimin hyung. And Taehyung can be very sharp when it comes to situations like this. They’ll be fine……”

 

 

 

Taehyung confidently walked to the receptionist, bearing his wide boxy grin, “Hi! Is it possible for me to see Mr. Park right now? I had some important business with him….”

The young receptionist at the counter seemed dazed with the sudden appearance of two handsome gentlemen dressed semi-casually, as she blinked repeatedly while staring at them.

“Ma’am” Jimin intervened, “We were in a bit of rush so….”

“Ah yes…” she flustered, blushing furiously, “Mr. Park is there in his office right now. Let me check with him once……. Where is the phone?” she fumbled nervously.

Taehyung gently pushed the landline placed on the counter towards her with a smile, making her blush all over again. She mumbled back a low ‘thank you’ and dialed a number, her gaze fixed on the floor the entire time.

“Ah Jiah, is Mr. Park there? Yeah? Actually there are two gentlemen here who want to meet him urgently……. Their names? Uhm……” She looked at them inquiringly.

“Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin” he helped her.

She dutifully relayed their names, nodded a few times and then kept the receiver back. “Mr. Park is waiting for you upstairs. Third floor, the room on the right end of the corridor. His name placard is put outside. You can’t miss it” she managed a smile at them, still visibly flustered.

“Thanks” Jimin winked at her, walking towards the elevator with a smiling Taehyung in tow. Sometime later, they heard a high pitched scream as they entered the elevator.

“What was that?”

“Fangirl” Jimin answered, having a cocky smirk, as the elevator doors closed.

They stepped out of the elevator at third floor and made their way towards the room. As per the description, there was a golden name placard adorning the door of the last room-

“Park Jin Young (JYP)

Director”

“We are going inside” Jimin whispered in the collar of his shirt.

“Copy that” Hoseok replied back.

Both of them looked at each other for the last time, gearing themselves for a flawless performance. Taehyung then stepped up and knocked on the door carefully.

“Come in” they heard a voice from inside. They both carefully stepped in, subtly observing the surroundings.

Unlike the rest of the building, this room was quite luxuriously decorated with a leather couch sprawled on their left and a large wooden bookcase behind it. On their right, there was a large glass exhibit shelf showcasing all the awards and certificates the NGO had received over the course of years for their philanthropic services. And in the center near a large wooden table housing a Macbook and lots of stacked files, stood their man, roughly in his mid-forties or fifties, dressed smartly. He smiled as he extended his hand towards them, “Hello gentleman! What brings you here?”

His smile was quite uplifting. Nobody on first glance would be able to make out that a person who appeared as saccharine as him could be involved in any scandal at all. Taehyung shook his hands as he smiled back at him introducing themselves.

“Let’s sit and talk, shall we?” he motioned them towards the comfy chairs as he went to occupy his place.

“Mr. Park” Taehyung started carefully, “First of all, congratulations on all the nice work that your organization has been sincerely doing in various places in our country over all these years. Having witnessed it myself, I actually feel quite satisfied…..”

 “Hm?”

“I was in the team of fire fighters that came to put out the fire in one of your circuits room two days back.  I chanced a look around…….. and I must say I am impressed.”

“Oh that” the director seemed to heave a sigh of relief, “That was a very unfortunate incident. But thanks to you guys, none of our inmates were injured. I am pretty relieved and thankful to your department for this……”

“Its fine” Taehyung smiled at him, “We just did our job. However, I came with some other concern and I hope you will help us out.”

“I am listening” he leaned forwards on his hands on the table.

“Well. As I told you before,” Taehyung pointed towards Jimin, “this friend of mine is a police officer. Last week, during an operation, his team rescued a young man from near the dumping site outside the city. The man seemed quite helpless and I strongly believe, he is specially enabled. Being the kind man he is, he brought the man in our house and has since been taking care of him. But as you know, considering our jobs, we can’t take care of him round the clock as is the requirement for him. So we were looking a shelter for him and your establishment seems pretty okay……. I hope you can help us out in this situation until we trace his family or such details….”

“Of course” Jinyoung smiled at them warmly, “You young men are so kind that you went out of your way to help a total stranger. The world really needs people like you….. As for your friend, I am more than ready to take him under our wings. That is the least Bohohada can do in return for your help the other day.”

“I have one concern though” Jimin asked in a serious tone, with arms folded, making the other man twitch in nervousness. “If you don’t mind, I would like to look around your building and interact with some inmates. I mean, even if he is a stranger, I don’t want to put him in any conditions that might induce him to do anything remotely harmful again. He needs special care after all. Not that I blame you of anything wrong…….”

He saw the man squirm a bit in his seat, thinking about the pros and cons of Jimin’s request. “Of course” he finally replied, his smile was back again, “Would you like to go on a tour now?”

“If that’s not too much of a trouble” Taehyung replied.

Jinyoung jumped in action, dialing a number, giving instructions on the other side. After some time, he placed the receiver back and stood up, gesturing towards the door, “Follow me gentlemen. Let’s put all your concerns to rest for once and all.” He led the way with Taehyung in tow while Jimin stayed behind.

“We are going with him” he whispered in the small device on his collar.

“Switch on the camera on that pen I gave you and move forwards. We’ll see the images from here” Hoseok instructed him.

“Copy that” Jimin fumbled with the pen kept firmly in the pocket of his shirt, pressing the button on the top. Soon, he was rushing out, catching up with the two of them who waited for him near the elevator.

“I am sorry. I had an urgent call to attend” he replied to Jinyoung’s curious stare.

“Of course. Duty calls” he replied cheerfully. At the same time, the elevator came to their floor. They all stepped in with Jinyoung pressing button ‘6’ on his left.

After a short and quite ride, they stepped out of the elevator with Jinyoung in lead. “As you know, in this center, we provide 24x7 care to our inmates. For that, some inmates are allotted rooms while others live in dorms which are on the floors below this. It’s all dependent on their condition. For those who are likely to hurt themselves, we keep them on the first and second floor under special care of our staff and the in-house doctor.”

He then went on to describe the facilities they had and even showed them one of the rooms which was plain with minimal furnishing. They also got to talk to one of the inmates- a young boy who seemed pretty cheerful. Taehyung tactfully lifted up his arms while joking around with him looking for the mark. He put his arms down, chatting with him a bit more to keep up the pretense and soon, they bid their farewells to him.

“He didn’t have that mark” he whispered to Jimin as they slowly walked behind Jinyoung to the floors below.

“I know” Jimin whispered back, “Maybe because he got here just three days back. Let’s look out more…….”

Jinyoung then took them to the dorms which housed most of the rescued drug addicts receiving free rehab care. The amount of hostile stares that they got made them scurry out of the place quickly.

“Mr. Park” Taehyung suddenly called him as they descended down the stairs, “That day, we rescued one of your inmates here- Suji. I didn’t see her anywhere…….where is she?”

The director, suddenly stiffened, as he continued to walk down the stairs, “Well……. Suji is pretty shook up because of that incident so we have kept her under special watch. That poor kid was diagnosed with ‘paranoid schizophrenia’ a year back after which her family abandoned her here, never to come back.”

“That’s sad” Taehyung replied, in an equally somber tone, “Is it possible for me to see her please? I talked with her yesterday and we became quite friendly……….”

Jinyoung sighed and then stopped to look at them, “I can do that for you young man. But don’t be scared to see her condition though. You’ve been warned……” He turned back, hurriedly leading them into the second floor corridor….

“Mr. Director” suddenly, a young man passing by stopped to greet him, his expression cheerful.

“Hi Bambam!” Jinyoung replied back cheerfully, “You didn’t create any more trouble did you?”

“No sir” he replied back, “I took my medicine. See?” He rolled up his sleeve to show to Jinyoung. Taehyung stifled a gasp as they struggled to maintain their expressions.

It was the same blue mark!

“Good boy” Jinyoung ruffled his hair affectionately, “It didn’t pain like last time, did it?”

“Not so much” suddenly, Bambam frowned at the mark, “But this blue spot keeps getting bigger. It looks so gross……”

“It will be fine” he reassured him, “Where is Mina’s room by the way? These gentlemen want to meet Suji…” he gestured towards them.

Bambam rolled back his sleeve, looking them in their eyes, “It’s the second room from last on the left side. But I would prefer you not to see her now. She is quite pitiful. Last night, she created quite a ruckus in her room making Mina noona run away. They restrained her after that……….”

Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other as Bambam bowed again and went on his way. This was more messed up than they had originally thought.

“Guys?” Jinyoung looked at them curiously. He was now standing in front of the said room, waiting for them. They hurriedly walked to stand behind him.

Jinyoung pushed the door open. On entering, they saw a frail girl lying on the bed with her limbs tied to the bed posts. The nurse who was sitting beside her stood up to greet them. Jinyoung gestured to her, after which she left the four of them alone. Suji, who was widely awake, turned to face them.

“Is this torture not enough that now you’ve come to my room? Do you already feel threatened by me Mr. Director?” she scoffed at him.

Jinyoung sighed, trying to control his anger as he ran his hand through his hair. “Suji, I don’t have time for your nonsense but there is someone who wanted to meet you. Just hurry up and get it over”

On Jinyoung’s gesture, Taehyung stepped up, smiling widely at her, “Suji. It’s me Taehyung. I met you that night when the fire occurred, remember?”

“I know” she replied expressionless, “Firefighter ahjussi.”

“How are you now? You didn’t get much injuries the other night, did you?” he tried to be cheerful with her.

“How do you think I am?” she suddenly screamed at him, making them flinch at their place, “I am dying here. I begged you to save me and take me away from here. These s here are trying to kill me. I am going crazy here….. They killed Bobby. They will kill me too. Please save me ahjussi….” And she tried to break free from her restraints, making the bed shake violently in response.

Jinyoung shouted for help as he leapt towards her holding her down, while the other two watched the scene unfold before them with horror. Jimin’s eyes remained fixed on the glaring blue mark on her forearm as three people came inside, hurriedly injecting something at the same spot. “They will kill me….” Suji kept on chanting in a slurred speech while they re-restrained her.

“That would be enough for a day” Jinyoung said bitterly, looking towards them now, “Let’s go to my room and talk” motioning them to follow him.

Taehyung, who stood transfixed at his place, staring at Suji was pushed a bit by Jimin towards Jinyoung. “Hold your together for some more time Taetae. We’re almost done here……….”

Taehyung nodded, straightening his shoulders as he walked out confidently behind the director while Jimin slowly followed them.

“You got anything Hobie?” he whispered to himself as he halted outside their office while the two of them entered inside.

“Enough to get his kicked. Now try and come back safe and sound. Over and out.”

Jimin stood outside the door, smirking at the golden placard.

“You are so done for, JYP.”