LOG 4.2

Bulletproof- PART 1.0

DAY 2

2:00AM

Mark was in a grumpy mood. It was ing late in night. Not only had he been working on an overdrive with all the test subjects failing one by one but now, he didn’t even have any more eligible test subjects to work on. But his boss kept on insisting recruiting more ‘fresh meat’. On top of that, the higher ups were pressurizing him into producing results. How will there be results when the supposed antidote was ? It wasn’t him who was producing it now, was he? He was just one of those few young doctors who wanted to become richer faster than the counterparts…… and were now caught in this elaborate scheme. Yes, he was corrupt. Still, he didn’t ask for this. He doesn’t know how many people’s blood was on their hands now…. And will be in the future.

But now was not the time to think of it….

He grumbled under his breath as he felt for the pulse on the pale, slender neck. Just by the looks, he could tell what had passed.

“She’s gone” he looked at the other men in room- Jackson, Chansung and Taecyeon, JYP’s other henchmen.

“Another one?” Jackson whined, “Now where do we dispose this off?” Before he could say any further, Taecyeon gave him a hard glare which silenced him. Quietly, Taecyeon brought out his handgun from the back of his jean’s pocket and put on the silencer.

“What are you doing?” Jackson asked, eyeing the gun curiously. “What we should have been doing all along….. But does anyone listen to me in this GOD forsaken establishment…” the older replied with a huff before he pointed the gun at the dead woman.

Mark immediately turned his back to the scene unfolding before him. As expected three muffled clicks were heard… and then there was silence. Dead silence. He closed his eyes, silently saying a small prayer for the dead.

“Where do we dispose her off?” he could hear them talk, their voices mingled with the quiet rustling of the cotton sheets of the deceased’s bed.

“Chansung?”

“Yeah?”

“……..”

There was a small pause before he heard a gruff voice, “Yes sir.”

Mark felt a lump rise in his throat before he recomposed himself, pushing back the tears and conscious that he had still left in him. With a heavy heart, he lifted up his clipboard, searching for the name of the young woman that he had helped in killing.

‘Bae Suji’ his hands felt heavy as he struck off the seventh name in the list. He heard the lock unlatching on the door of the room in the back. Carefully, he eyed the body, now completely wrapped in the soiled bed sheets. For a second, his gaze met with the cold glare of Taecyeon. He felt a shiver run down his spine.

This was definitely not what he signed up for…..

 

 

 

5:05AM

His phone had been ringing for quite some time now. It was irritating to say the least because it was a known fact- Kim Namjoon was definitely not a morning person. But the job of an elite cop never waited for anyone. Ah! How he missed the good old days of his hiatus…

He cursed under his breath as he blindly reached for his cellphone on the nightstand. His fingers brushed against the device before it slipped off the top (definitely not for the thousandth time since he bought this phone). Groaning, he bent down to retrieve the phone which thanks almighty to the silicon case that Yoongi literally shoved at him last year (bless Yoongi!), was safe and sound. He blindly swiped right on the screen. “Hello?” he croaked in a half-asleep state.

“Sir?” he heard Jimin, unusually chirpy on the other side, which slightly got on his nerves.

“This better be important Jimin…”

“I have a good news and a bad news for you. Which do you want to hear first?”

Namjoon was slightly more awake now, pausing to think for a while. “Bad news” he answered.

“EXO’s base has been blown up. So have the other hideouts within Seoul…”

“Blown?” Namjoon was fully awake now.

“Massive grade explosions. It’s all dust now. The worst is… we can’t tell whether the remaining members survived or not… Oh wait! Xiumin is down. We are yet to find the others…... But Jin has put Hoseok on it for now, sir. ”

“Where are you guys right now?”

“I and Hoseok are coordinating things from our base, sir. Jin is out in action at Gimpo with his squad.”

Namjoon sat up in his bed, “Could the fire fighters retrieve anything?”

“Negative as of now. But we are still on it. Just so you know, Taehyung is also among one of the dispatched teams. I am sure he will get us good info like last time.”

Namjoon ran his hand down his face in frustration. The EXO bases were one of the important source of information. In spite of pressurizing Sehun so much, they could not get much info about all of their bases in Korea and abroad. (Turns out Sehun had just been one of the lower pawns in the group.) They were yet to figure out the reason of involvement of a supposedly mediocre assassin’s gang in the recent murders. And now, they were all dust.

“The good news better be good, Jimin…” Namjoon warned.

“You are going to love me after what I am going to tell you…” he could tell that the younger officer was smiling on the other end.

“Go on….”

“Just outside EXO’s base, we retrieved a van and its driver. Guess where it was from?”

Namjoon had thrown the duvet away at this point, standing up “No way…..”

“Yup. Bohohada.”

“Anything else?”

“A body.”

“A body?” Namjoon almost gasped. When did they get so lucky?

“A young female’s body was found in the van along with an automatic gun and some explosives. She was killed in the same manner as others…. Jin found a blue mark at the same site on the forearm and three entry wounds on the chest. But its face… is unrecognizable sir. Totally charred with multiple third degree burns. Seems like she was caught in the fire that rocked the base. But later, the driver dragged her to the van and tried to escape from site which we luckily caught up with..…”

Namjoon was hurrying towards his dressing room, “Take him to headquarters now. Send the body for autopsy and get her identified. And tell Jin to involve other police units and beef up security on the peripheries. We need to catch those remaining motherers before they get out of here. I’ll see you all in an hour.”

“Sure sir!” Jimin chirped before the call got disconnected.

There was a lot to do. He just was left to make one more call. One very important phone call. He punched in the numbers which he remembered by heart now. The dial tone went off for long till he heard the familiar grumpy drawl.

“Hello? Yoongi?”

 

 

 

6:30AM

Jin had been staring blankly at the man that they had arrested from the site as he roughly bandaged his bleeding knuckle. As expected, he carried no IDs and he won’t tell his name either. It had been quite a fight with the stocky and armed man- they had literally dragged him by his hair and hit him till he was unconscious. And now as he sat on the chair inside the cell that they had placed him in, Jin could feel the man was returning his stare back with equal vigor. He was probably not in the best of his senses, thanks to Jin’s excellent punches to his head, but the guy still had the gall to meet his holder’s gaze and smirk. As if he was mocking him. And Jin couldn’t stand it.

“What’s so funny huh?” he asked, his heavy steps leading towards their lead.

“You think you can get me to talk, officer?” the man was blatantly smiling now, “A few punches ain’t doing anything to me… Nor does this so called room that you call as ‘cell’….”

“Who said you were just getting punches?” Jin pulled a chair in front of him and sat down, straddling his legs on either side. “You think we are a welcome committee or something? We are here to reward you for whatever ‘service’ you did for the society, hm?”

He leaned on his chin on the back support of the chair which faced his captive.  “Look, man. I am only trying to help you out here. If Namjoon comes here, you might even end up with a bullet in your brain. Just tell me while I am being nice- who you are and why are you protecting your boss. Or we’ll have it the way you want it….”

The man chuckled in front of him, seemingly unaffected by Jin’s threats. “You don’t know who you’re dealing with, officer. Those bloody EXO s are just a pawn in the game. They’ll lead you nowhere. Yes…. Bohohada is involved. But what proof do you have apart from the van, huh? And about the bodies…. They’ve long been taken care of. So even if we do get arrested, it’s a failed mission. We’ve nothing to lose and you’ll have nothing to prove… And what is going on there… will go with it… in ashes. Poof!”

Jin’s eye twitched at the cockiness and animated way of the criminal. Involuntarily, he stood up, kicking the chair violently behind him and punched the man square in his face. The man fell on the floor with a yelp, sporting a bloody, broken nose by then. Jin kicked the man hard on his stomach for good measure before he plucked the man by his hair again.

“Now would be a good time to tell me what you guys are doing in there” he asked the man again, his voice eerily even.

The man coughed up a little blood, having lost a couple of teeth after repeated assault to his face but didn’t speak up. Jin, growing impatient, stomped his foot on the man’s face. “Tell me NOW!” he growled, his eyes seething with anger at the now helpless man who writhed under his control.

“Even if I do tell you…. You won’t be able to stop them officer” the man managed to speak with great difficulty. “There are big people. Huge. And now is just the beginning. Once… once they succeed in this pilot mission, they will expand. And all you’ll do… is wait for death to come to you….”

Jin removed his foot from the man’s face. “I’ll make it my personal mission now… that every day you breathe, you’ll wish that it was your last day….” And in a flash, Jin plucked out his gun from its holster and pointed at the man’s face. The sudden wave of fear that he saw in the man’s eyes made him want to smile in sadistic pleasure.

“Tell me about your boss. And what you guys are doing there?”

“I t….told you it’s useless office….” and then, a shot resounded, causing the man to howl in pain, as he held on to his now bleeding shin.

“Why were you at Gimpo?” Jin wasn’t ing around anymore.

“To dispose off the body. I… I was asked to blow it up along with the base. Those heads that we had hired had botched up our whole… whole plan when they attacked Bobby” the man scrunched his eyes, as the harsh pain shot up to his spine. “Boss asked me to burn her remains…”

“Who is your boss?” Jin crouched down, pointing the gun’s barrel to the man’s temple. The man was almost trembling in fear before Jin snarled in his face again, “Who the is your boss?”

“Jinyoung. Park Jinyoung. I am just a henchman for him. Look… I just do the dirty work…. He pays me good and we leave it at that. I never… never pried into what he or the rest of them does?”

“Rest of them?”

“I am just on the low rung man…” the man was panting by now, his forehead sweating because of all the pain, “my main work was to solicit them inmates and destroy evidences. This was the first time I ever participated…. In a murder. But no…. I didn’t kill the girl. She was already dead. We just shot her to make it look like the gun killed her…. I don’t know any more man, I swear…” the man was rambling by now.

“Why were you getting them inmates?”

“I don’t know…” Jin removed the safety of the gun, pressing it insistently on the man’s head causing the man to cry. “I really don’t know” the man shouted, “They never told me anything. They just told me that if I got them people, of any type whatsoever, they would give me ten million won per person….”

“Where did you get them from?”

“Mental institutes. Destitutes. Red areas. Villages…. Wherever… wherever we could easily lay our hands on…” the man was slowly slipping into unconsciousness now.

 Jin removed his gun from the man’s head, standing away from him. He pressed on the bluetooth in-ear that he had, “He’s slipping, Namjoon.”

“This should be enough for now. Get your men to take him to a hospital now. We need him alive. And come to my cabin” and then he heard a solid click.

“Take him now” he called out to his men, as he stepped out of the cell. Two junior officers rushed inside with a paramedic accompanying them as they hurriedly set about their task. Jin briefly turned back to look at the scene before he resolutely stepped away and started walking towards Namjoon’s cabin on the third floor.

He knocked on the glass door before he heard his boss’s resounding voice from behind the door. Jin stepped in to be greeted by a smiling Jimin and a seemingly busy Namjoon, surrounded by all the papers on his desk, his laptop opened on one side.

“Hey Jin!” Namjoon looked up at him, “Nice work there” he gave him a dimpled smile which brought a smile to him as well.

“Thanks sir” he said politely. Namjoon motioned him to sit down while Jimin pushed a sheet towards him. Jin carefully read through the contents.

“He is…”

“Chansung. Hoseok took out his whole natal chart from the police records” Jimin spoke up, “Our man here, is a repeated offender. Used to work as an ambulance driver for a mental hospital before he was thrown into jail after he was proved to be guilty of soliciting from the patients. He came out of jail two years ago after which he has been working menial jobs till he started working for Jinyoung a year back.”

“Clearly someone was careless while doing a background check when they were hiring” Jin mumbled.

“Or they purposely were tardy because he clearly cut into their eligibility criteria for ‘the job’?” Jimin quipped in, “If we believe what he just confessed then this proves the theory that I’ve been thinking for a while now…”

“And what it might be?”

“Drug trials” Namjoon spoke up.

“Huh?” Jin was confused now.

“Look” Jimin went to the board behind Namjoon, “In our last meeting, we established that all of the four, now five victims were related to JYP’S NGO and they all were killed in the same manner. But just now Chansung confessed that the woman we found was already dead and they shot her later. That could be said for the others as well- excluding Bobby of course since he died before our eyes. So if they didn’t die because of the bullet, they probably died because of a…”

“Drug overdose” Jin completed, realization dawning on his face now.

Namjoon shifted closer to him, “We only need the forensic report now to confirm this. Since the body that we got today is recent, we might actually have a chance to get a solid evidence to attack JYP with, head on. While we wait for it, I still want you to carry on the hunt for the fugitive EXO members. I am sure there’s more to them than they are letting on…”

“What about their leader, Junmyeon? He is in Macau, right?” Jin asked, “Should I contact the police department there?”

“About that…” Namjoon smirked, “Don’t worry. I have someone on it. For now, let’s concentrate inside Korea. Jimin, I want you to keep in touch with Jungkook. Keep Taehyung in the circle as well since he helped us plant Jungkook inside, okay? Report to me anything, good or bad, you get from his side. His safety is our priority, understood?”

“Yes sir” Jimin replied tersely.

“And Seokjin?”

“Yes?”

“I want you and Hoseok to research everything you can about EXO’s and JYP’s dealings. I want their complete history, geography, physiology… whatever you get, it on my table. Clearly, we are missing out on the concrete links behind whatever witchcraft is going on there. Also, keep an eye for the fugitives. Should your men tell you anything, report to me. I shall look personally into it, understood?”

“Yes sir.”

“And while you are at it, Jin” Namjoon smiled brightly, “please bandage that wound properly. We don’t want you to have any infections now, do we?”

Jin returned a small smile to his superior, nodding his head, “Sure sir!”

 

 

 

9:30AM

Taecyeon bustled into the office, disregarding the presence of the guests, who were visible startled by the sudden commotion.

“Hey!” he saw his boss stand up indignantly, his face still trying to control his anger, “What do you think you are doing?”

Taecyeon looked at the man and woman who were staring at him curiously. “I will need you to step out for a minute, please.” The guests nodded their head before they scampered out, clearly afraid of the well-built man.

Once they were out, JYP stomped towards him. “What the you think you are doing?”

“Chansung got arrested today.”

“What?” JYP’s eyebrows shot up. “What? H….”

“They have Suji with them as well.”

JYP paled on hearing her name. He furiously lunged on the younger man’s collar, “How did this happen? How?”

“Suji passed away last night” Taecyeon tried to explain to him, “I had sent Chansung to bury the body at the cemetery near Han River. I don’t know what he was doing at Gimpo. The police got him there along with her body. They… they found our van, sir.”

JYP pushed the man away before he turned to face the window, his mind working on an overtime. “That bastard two-timed us…”

“I know sir. I am trying to fix this….”

“THEN BLOODY FIX THIS!” he yelled, his whole body shaking with anger now. He tried to take deep breaths, seemingly contemplating his actions. Their only supplier was now in police’s hands and the higher ups were pressurizing them more than ever now. How would they save their asses if HE were to find out………..

“Get me a new supplier, Taec” he ordered him, “And FIX THIS…. In your style. But be more careful this time. Or you know the consequences…”

“Yes sir” the subordinate bowed his head obediently, before he rushed out of the room.

 

 

 

12:00PM, INCHEON AIRPORT

A bright colored taxi came to a halt before the entrance.

"Thank you” the passenger said politely as he paid the driver and he stepped out. He was covered in an all-black attire as he confidently walked inside towards the check-in counter. He briefly looked up at the screens for his flight’s status.

“TOKYO AIRLINES FLIGHT 1:15PM- ‘ON TIME’ “

Yoongi smirked. “Let’s kick some ” he mumbled before he swayed his way towards his destination.

 


A/N: What up peeps? This was an update long time coming.... Thanks for patiently waiting for it!

I finally graduated! ^_^ That implies the start of my internship and..... more time to update stories! Please watch out this space for next chapters.

Lastly, I just wanted to say a huge thanks to all of you for supporting my stories till now. Hope to see you ahead as well. Ciao! :-)