the wanderers

Erstwhile

--------------------------------------------

Message from an unknown number (1)

-Hey

-Who's this?

-Me

-Who?

-I'm deeply offended... (¬_¬;)

-How did you get my number? I don't give away my number that easily?

-God, stop trolling Sehun. We need to discuss now

-Okay, I now know who is this. Haha. I'll save your number (ノ * ° ▽ ° *)

-k. whatever. So what we're choosing for the project? 

-err.. after school tomorrow?

-alright

----------------------------------------------

"I'll be a little late mom. Some discussions today." Mrs Seo was well informed. 

It's Monday again. Monday blues.

There was Biology subject on this day. Hanae enjoy this subject more than Chemistry or Physics. She prefers remembering something like how carbohydrates breaks down into maltose to glucose and the usage of it rather than calculating the amount of electric current. 

Today in Biology we learned about the blood circulation from vein to artery, from atrium to ventricle, from aorta to all around the system. It was such an eye-catching lesson today and there was a simulator as well. 

"Ever heard of heartstrings? It's a real thing. For your information, when someone went through emotional trauma, their heartstrings could break and lose its form, and a result be unable to pump blood effectively. You could literally die of broken heart." Mr Choi explained. The class was quiet; not because they were amazed about the fact but instead, some of them were asleep. 

The bell rang, indicating the period is over and it's lunch break. "That's it for today, class. Thank you." 

As Hanae about to dig in her food, she exchanged looks with Sehun, "This evening." "This evening." before he walks out of the class. It's been a while since they had their meal together in the class. Together as in he brought his own food and not buying it at the cafeteria. 

Should I really pack him some bento? Those foods from the cafeteria isn't very appetising as well as nutritional. That boy is already thin. Wait. Why do I care about him? LOL 

It's already evening as English class ended.

Classes buzzing from noises of students moving around, eager to be leaving the class and to continue any activity they favour and there's Hanae and Sehun.

She was organising her books as she heard footsteps approaching her.

"So..." She looked up to see Sehun who was rubbing his nape as he had his left hand in his pocket.

Hanae stared at him, anticipating his words. "Hm?"

"Should we go discuss at the library? I mean it's fine if you want to discuss it here but yeah the library has a lot of info we can get there but it's really up to you." 

"Oh, it's great! I was about to suggest there as well." 

"Really? I thought you hated wandering around." He smiled, with that cute expression that even his eyes turned into crescent shape.

"Sehun, let's go." She said as she grab onto her bag to head towards their destination. Sehun followed suit.

The library located across the field, nearby the clinic. It'll take roughly 10 minutes to walk. 

As they step outside the class, the sky seemed dark. It's about to rain.

"Please don't rain. I hate catching cold." Said Sehun.

"Me too. I don't even have my umbrella with me."

Eventually it rained, both of them ran in the cold, wet rain. Not long, it got heavier.

"Stop, stop," Sehun stopped at the sheltered sidewalk to take out anything from his backpack to use.

Hanae was already shivering as she's soaked. 

"I've only got my PE tshirt to use so.. come a little closer to me and let's run as fast as possible." He uttered. 

She gazed at him in disbelief. 

"Come on, stubborn Hanae." Sehun grabbed her hand as they ran in the rain towards the library. 

It felt cold, so cold it's making me shudder to the bone, but my heart, it's warm.

They finally reached the library and the librarian was shocked to see both of them were drenched in rain.

"Guys, here take some towels to dry off. I'm shutting down the AC for you." 

Both of them bowed, in appreciation. 

"So, tell me what's your plans?" She asked him as they take a seat. "I'm planning to explore this place." 

She looked at him with a straight face again. 

"......."

"What?"

"To explore is such a wide activity. Be particular please. Idiot." 

"To explore is to travel the area. Jeonju has a lot to be explore and what did you just called me, idiot?! Rude. Buy me those instant coffee from the vending machine! I'm offended."

"Eh.. I was about to ask you to do so." She pouted.

"Why do you always ask me to buy you food in general?! Ugh. I calling you chubb from now on. Chubb! Chubb! Chubb" He shouted. 

She didn't say anything. 

Only hung her head low. 

I'm fat. Fat and ugly. A stupid girl. Who only knows to eat. All I do is making a fool out of myself. I'm worthless. I'm-

"Hey, I'm sorry. I'm not calling you chubb anymore.. chubb." 

"Ugh. Idiot!" 

"Excuse me, kids. Pipe down, please." The librarian, who was seating couple tables away from them voiced out.

"Sorry, Miss Song." Sehun and Hanae bowed apologetically.

"Idiot! You shouldn't have shouted. So embarrassing." She whispered as she whacked his shoulder, softly.

"Aw it hurts! How are you so strong?! Oh.. chubb-" 

The librarian turned around once again, 

"Okay, so where do we plan to visit?" 

"Uh.. there's some place that I've listed.." 

The librarian continued her work.

"Phew.." "We're that close to be scold again." Both of them exclaimed. 

"Back to the actual planning, is there anything interesting here?" Hanae popped a question. 

"A lot, I think. It's not as advanced and fancy as Seoul. But I think it's going to be pretty amazing here." Sehun answered. 

Hanae shrugged. 

"Why? Do you not like it here?" 

"No, I can't really said I dislike it here. It's just  so uncomfortable.. I'm so awkward to peoples here. Compared to the city, I felt a major difference to the environment when I visited my father in Seoul.. They were more accepting, I guess." 

"How so? I thought villagers are much more friendly."

"How do I put it in a word.." Hanae let out a deep sigh. "It's like, I'm a person with a very low self esteem, and very socially awkward, which is why it is so hard for me to fit in here. Everyone seemed so happy, like they didn't have any worries, they are perfectly contented with their life. Sometimes, or many times I just want to run away from this life. To be honest, if anything else didn't matter I could've everything and just be with my loved ones. But in reality, I can't, there's too much to compromise." 

"That's bull." Sehun stated. "What made you thing that everyone is happy with their life?" 

Hanae gasped. "You okay, dude?" 

"No. Define me your kind of perfect life." 

"Smart, pretty, many friends, likable, rich. Aaaaand I'm none of the above." 

"What if I said you are everything above?" He smirked while gazing straight into her deep black eyes. 

"Smart where? I can't even understand anything about electricity. Pretty where? You, in fact, just called me chubb. Many friends where? Yubin and the lovebirds are my only friends. Likeable where? I don't even talk to half of the class. Rich??" She shakes her head with a half smile plastered on her face.

"First, you are REALLY good in English and if you want me to teach you Physics, I can do so,"

"Really?" She is well awared that Sehun is good in that subject she hated with all her lungs. 

"...in exchange for your bento." He smiled cheekily.

"Omg, you'll never be over that aren't you?" She giggled. "But nah, it's too much of a work to pack another bento, Yubin is pretty good in Physics as well." 

"What if you don't need to pack another bento? Just let me have some of yours..?" He waited for the answer anxiously.

She gave it a few thoughts and then shrugged.

"Second, you ARE pretty. Like not crazy beautiful. But you are not bad at all. Especially when you smile,"

Hanae couldn't look at him in the eye so instead, she turned around, and blushed. Her cheeks were rosy red. 

"Also.. I called you chubb because you're always asking for food from me.. don't feel so bad okay, you can make me some bento if you feel so."

Hanae scoffed.

"Third, um, am I not your friend?"

"Well, if you said so." 

"Fourth, I like you. You're pretty nice. Last time you helped me with my cuts." 

She startled at how straightforward he is.

"B- but it was just because you were screaming so much like it's a big deal. Heh." 

"Fifth, be grateful." 

She nodded.

"Okay, back to the plan. How do we travel? Where to?" 

"Don't worry. I can use my mom's car. For the destinations, that's our job." 

"Well then, that's it for today. It's already stopped raining out there. I'm going home. So sick of seeing your face." She remarked as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"This face, you'll be seeing a lot. it up." He stick out his tongue as he grabbed his bag as well. 

"Mmm yea cool."