The Heart-Breaking

The Heart-Breaking-News

 

“Minhyuk-ah, are you okay?” he asked the second maknae when he heard about the news. He knew that boy can’t really bear the heart-broken. He really cared for him because Minhyuk can be out of control when he frustrated.

“Hyung, lets me be alone for awhile. I promise, I won’t do stupid things”, he looked at Yonghwa. He stood and walked to his bed. Laid down and left Yonghwa alone at his working table.

Yonghwa understood the boy request. He walked and left him with his own world. But he slightly opened the door to make sure it won’t be locked from inside. No one will know what will happen next.

He went to living room. Jonghyun and Jungshin were watching television. The news that broke their members was widely spread. They totally shocked when they heard about the news. The timing was really bad because it is really close to their comeback.

“Hyung, how is he? Is he okay?” Jungshin asked Yonghwa. Jonghyun fixed his eyes to Yonghwa, waiting for the answer.

“I hope he will be okay”. Three of them looked at Minhyuk’s room.

[In the room]

He knew Yonghwa understood his request. He was alone in the room. Looking through his room as his mind can’t think except for the breaking news. He heard that news few hours ago. It was totally breaking his heart too. And his phone can’t stop ringing. Luckily, Yonghwa had set his phone in silence mode.

“We barely know each other. We met because of that drama series. Then, we become close as we are the second lead couple in the drama. During the drama shooting, you really make my day. I found myself smile because of you for no reason.

After the drama ends, we still close. We together visited Shinhye nuna at her drama shooting. I kinda find myself happy with the days I spent with you. Sometimes, I don’t know what to do if you are not part of my life.

I saw other side of you when something happen to your unnie. You are totally strong for her. You’re always there for her. You’re really a good sister. Then, it makes me think, ‘It must be wonderful and lovely if I have someone that support me in everything I do even others just talking bad about it.

I’m really happy when I see you happy. Your smile is priceless. Your smile will make others smile too. You are really happy when your group is finally going to have a concert for the first time after debuting. You even give Shinhye nuna tickets for the concert. I’m really sorry for not attending it. Totally sorry. If I could have something to make it up, I will do. Just. Because. It is you.

Until one day, I found myself attached to you. I hold myself for not falling for you because our world is not easy to handle. I hold the feeling only for myself as I don’t want you to be hurt because you are so fragile. Holding for myself makes me hurt so much.

And now I find out that my feeling is only one-sided love. I shouldn’t make any assumptions about our relationship. It hurts me more. I should hold myself even more just to bear with your ‘breaking news’”.

Right after his last thought, his eyes slowly closed. He drifted to dreamland. He went to sleep with tears rolled down from his eyes. That was how his day ended.

[Outside the room]

Actually, while Minhyuk was talking to himself, Jungshin heard everything. The maknae felt really sorry. He can’t do anything to help his friend. His intention to go to toilet being forgotten as he leant against the wall near Minhyuk’s room that Yonghwa left the door opened before. Even Minhyuk voice was not so loud but it was clear enough for him to hear everything, word-by-words. He actually recorded it.

He left when no more sound being heard anymore. He went to his hyung with red eyes.

“Hyung, you need to hear this” he played the record and placed his phone on the table. Everyone was listening and he listened for the second time.

Right after the record ended, they went to Minhyuk’s room to check on him. They saw him slept without pillow and blanket with unusual sleeping position. They can see the tears stain near his eyes. They slowly fixed him, put his head on pillow, and covered him with blanket. They looked at sleeping Minhyuk with mixed feeling.

“This boy is totally heart-breaking. Keep strong, Hyukkie!!”

“Even I can’t feel you, I feel sorry for you, bro. Be strong!”

“When he thought his world is wonderful and lovely, he faces unexpected news. We are always here you, bro!”

Their night ended as they left Minhyuk’s room.

Minhyuk suddenly woke up. He looked around and found himself laid in different position as he fell asleep. The room only received light from living room as the light in his room was off. He remembered about s; they were at his home earlier right after practicing at the company. He went out to check on them. He went to the room that they usually used when they overnight at his home.

Once he opened, he saw them slept. He smiled and shook his head looking at their sleeping behavior. But someone was not there. There was no Junghyun in the room.

“Oh, Hyukkie! You already up”, Minhyuk heard the voice right after he can’t find Junghyun in the room. He felt Junghyun touching his shoulder.

“Suddenly awake, hyung. Just check on them and you. Where are you just now, hyung?” he turned and faced Junghyun outside the room.

“Oh, I’m just thirsty. Don’t worry, they are okay. Go back to sleep, Minhyuk” he said as he looked at Yonghwa and Jungshin slept next to each other in the room.

“I will hyung. And Hyung, just use another room. These two already conquer the bed. They left no space for you”, he smiled and offered Jonghyun another room to sleep comfortably.

[xxx]

As the days passed, Minhyuk tried to make himself busy with practices and drama shooting so that he can forget about him being heartbroken. Outsider might not notice single thing about his behavior lately but s knew him very well. As to make sure that he won’t be affected by the news or kept thinking about the news, they won’t let him alone. They stayed at his home by taking turn even he said he okay.

The comeback was approaching. Somehow, they still worried about Minhyuk. They worried that fans will notices about him being broken. Minhyuk was well-known with his smiling eyes. Once the smiling eyes gone, they knew Minhyuk was not in happy mode. For the sake of their comeback, Minhyuk promised to s that he will be ‘Minhyuk, the CNBlue-Smiling Eyes-Drummer’ as always.

After the breaking news, he received the first message from her.

“Oppa, sorry for not informing you. I quiet nervous about it. Thank you for your word earlier. It is really calm me. Thank you, Oppa. Love you, ^^. <3 “

He knew the thing she talked about. Her relationship.

“Its okay, SooJoong-ah. Congratulations on your relationship too. You should inform me earlier! Be happy with your relationship, okay. I will always pray the best for you. Welcome. Love you too!! ^^ <3”

Their message ended and no more reply from her. There was no more incoming message tone heard.

He suddenly remembered about their previous conversation about relationship and public. He knew that she was quiet scare with public reaction about idols went on relationship. She used to have the worst experiences ever about it even she was not in relationship. She knew she had haters as many as fans that was why in everything she did, she did it carefully. She didn’t want to be hated and being hurt as well. But when he asked her about her being in relationship, love relationship, she calmly answered him that she needed time for it. She said being in relationship is not easy for idols especially her who was always being hated by public. He just calm her by saying that being in relationship is not a crime, and she should only trust herself, confident in any decision taken and always being honest to herself. As long as the relationship was not known by others, continued keeping it secret but once its expose just tell the truth even if you know or not, on how the whole world will react.

Day-by-day, week-by-week and months, there was no more message or conversation between him and her. He was busy with his comeback promotions and drama shooting. But once in awhile, his thought about her came while shooting with other female casts. Because through drama shooting he met her, he knew her and how he became close to her.

The news about Krystal’s relationship was still hot. Everyday there will be articles talking about her relationship. Once the CNBlue members went through the news, they looked at each other before looking at Minhyuk who was doing his new activity; listening to music while reading.

[xxx]

 

The comeback was successfully wrapped. The drama shooting was still ongoing. His heart was still broken but he kept moving his daily life on.

While he was practicing, Jonghyun approached him with a piece of paper.

“Minhyuk, can I ask you something?” he asked him once he sat in front of him in the practice room.

“What is it, hyung? You always talk directly without asking me permission” he smiled. He looked at Jonghyun because his behavior was weird that day.

“Can I have this?” he showed him the paper. Minhyuk took and read it. He smiled as looked back at Junghyun.

“Hyung, it is just a stupid writing of mine. What are you going to do with it?” he kept smiling. He remembered the time he wrote it.

“Even you said it is stupid, I still want it. Can I?” he calmly said it again. Asking him permission.

“Sure, hyung. It is all yours” he granted his request. He smiled to him.

“Thank you, Minhyuk-ah. I own you big this time. Thank you so much. Love you, dongsaeng-ah” he stood, tapped Minhyuk’s shoulder and left the room happily.

After a week, Jonghyun released a single entitled ‘Secretly Loving you’. The single also revealed Jonghyun as the composer and surprised everyone as Minhyuk as the lyricist. The song was well accepted and love by others. Minhyuk was recognized as one of the lyricists in CNBlue.

Next day after the song released and Jonghyun being busy be the guest at radio station, he received a call.

“Oppa… The song.. You.. Me..”

He knew the voice. It was very familiar for his ears. But he quiet surprised with the sobs he heard. And he was speechless.