↪ let me take care of you

Nothing Like Us ┊⌈ a compilation of short stories⌋
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The storm was wreaking havoc in the streets of Seoul while BTS was in the middle of their promotions. Yet sadly, all seven of them couldn’t appear together for one particular member was surprisingly down with the flu. Even with his physical superiority, Jungkook was still human hence his vulnerability to common colds and illnesses. Since his throat was dry and his nose was runny, he wouldn’t be able to sing properly. Not to mention his unpredictable temperature that rises and falls from one occasion to another. So with his condition, the team decided it was best for him to stay at home and rest, maybe recover as much and as fast as possible in order for him to show a better performance. Yet the ever caring umma of the boys, their eldest Jin, made sure that before they leave him alone in their dorm, he wouldn’t be left unattended. So he called the perfect trusty person in mind that could take care of the family’s baby before they return from their schedule probably by almost dawn the next day.

            Sowon battled through the storm as she made her way towards the BTS dorm. She had one of the company cars brought her there, along with her were a few ingredients for chicken noddle soup, a box of Kool-aid and other anti-flu things she searched online that could help Jungkook get better quickly. She had been running to and fro from the car to a convenient store at one point and drug store the next in order to purchase whatever things she deemed necessary. By the time she arrived at the dorm, her trench coat was nearly soaked same as her hair, thankfully her clothes underneath remained dry.

            She rang the doorbell a couple of times but to no avail, she figured he must be asleep so she decided to punch in the code herself, having been visited the place more than enough times for her to familiarize everything about it. She was welcomed by a dimly lit house littered with the boys’ things, from their clothes to the gifts and fan letters they received from their fans. She carefully maneuvered herself around the maze-like living room before she finally arrived in front of his room. Oddly she found the door ajar so she took a peak whilst softly calling his name just in case he was awake. But she only saw a big heap of blanket bundled around what looked like Jungkook sound asleep.

            She carefully approached him, keen enough not to make any sound that could disturb his pleasant sleep. She knelt beside his bed and reached for his forehead in order to feel his temperature and when she felt as if he was burning, she immediately reached for the Kool-aid she just bought and placed it on his forehead. She made sure the humidifier of the room was along with the radiators in order to keep him from shivering. She left but only to prepare him his soup so that when he wakes up, he’ll have food for his stomach and medicine to take. Having been familiar with the kitchen she easily accomplished the task, softly humming to a tune of a certain Bangtan song she found herself caught up in a last song syndrome. She didn’t mind though.

            She was nearly finished cooking, only letting the pasta and chicken simmer a bit more before she turns off the stove. She was in the midst of stirring the concoction when suddenly strong yet searing warm hands enclosed her torso before she felt hot skin leaned against her back and an equally heated breath puffed against the exposed skin of her neck making her hairs stood up. She almost dropped the ladle unto the soup but thankfully she caught herself preventing what could have been very disastrous.

            “Jungkook ah?” she called, amidst her momentary panic as she turned off the stove and placed down the wooden dipper.

            She felt humming and soft coughs coming from the person behind, recognizing the voice immediately, confirming his identity.

            “You almost scared me to death.” Said she, heaving a sigh of relief.

            “What are you cooking?” he mumbled, still tightly holding unto her.

             “Chicken noddle soup.” Answered she, “Let go and eat it.” She held unto his strong arms and tried to wiggle out of his tight grip but he stubbornly remained adamant. In fact she even felt him taking a few whiffs of her perfume. This kid and his obsession with anything feminine scented.

            Unlike from before the two became accustomed with skin ship as the course of their friendship went on. Jungkook would lift her in his shoulders out of nowhere just to stir some panic in her system, obviously for his own entertainment and this time, she figured he must have been being cheeky as well despite having sickness.

             “Sowonie is here to take care of me.” He said cutely, “How nice of you.”

             “Jin oppa called.” Said she, still struggling to get out of his grip, “Let go Jungkook ah, I need to serve this soup.”

             “Thanks, Sowonie.” He whispered before finally letting go. She turned around only to find yet again another surprise. The boy was shirtless, proudly flaunting his well-sculpted figure before her and he doesn’t seem to have a care for he merely turned around to be seated on the dining table and waited for his soup to be served. “What?” he asked with a naughty grin amidst his droopy eyes, even in with his hoarse voice he still managed to look teasing.

             “At least put on a shirt, you ert.” She mumbled serving him with the bowl before going back to his room to get one of his cotton shirts. Her face was deeply red and flushed so she took the opportunity to hide it by escaping for some time. She came back swiftly though, tossing him the garment only for him to sling it over his shoulders and settled on enjoying his meal.

             “Don’t pretend you hate what you see.” He remarked giving Sowon the looks for which she blushed some more and ended up pouting. There was something about his eyes that seemed to be smoky with torpor that makes it so luring and captivating. She had to shake her head softly in order to snap out of the trance.

             “It’s not funny, Jeon Jungkook.” She was quick to answer, collecting herself, “put on the shirt, please. You’re sick.”

             “Don’t worry.” He only grimaced. “After this, I’ll be better.” He answered.

              “That doesn’t justify the fact why you have to be half —” her lecture was interrupted by an unexpected sneeze, startling herself but most especially the boy before her, whose expression suddenly turned serious. That’s when Jungkook noticed her still damp hair and he figured she must’ve had surged through the rain to come to him.

             He abruptly stood up to approach her, placing the shirt above her head and personally dried her hair. All the while she had her eyes glued to the wood flooring, whilst her face was flushed and her heart beating to her ribcage. Jungkook knelt down to meet her gaze, “You insist on taking care of me when you can’t even look after yourself.” said he, with a ghostly smile on the corner of his lips, his hand still caressing her temples. “Come on, I’ll lend you some change of clothes.” And he led her back to his room but not before he downed the medicine she had prepared. He searched for one of his sweatpants and white cotton shirts before handing it to her. He left the room, with another shirt in hand for himself, to let her change.

            Jungkook idly settled on the sofa in their living room, waiting for her to come out. Truly his head was still pounding and he could feel his temperature was still high yet he couldn’t afford to miss this chance. He hadn’t seen Sowon for quite a while due to their busy schedule and when they were at Big Hit she just happened to have an appointment outside of the building. It may seemed as if fate has been meaning for them to miss each other and now that his sickness suddenly turned into a blessing, he thought a little fever and headache could not get in his way.            

              “Jungkook ah,” he suddenly heard her called softly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter