when the light’s out, it gets hotter

꿈과 현실은 다르다

Could you 22 and 41 for sugakookie please? I really liked you're previous ones. Thank you!


warnings: coarse language

22. “I’ve seen the way you look at me when you think I don’t notice.”

 

Yoongi doesn’t really know how he ended up in this situation - crammed into the narrow, dimly-lit corridor that is characteristic of MNET’s backstage area.

They’d been coming off their comeback stage, and Yoongi had been mentally cursing Jungkook’s stylist for dressing the boy in that holey black-and-red striped jumper that hung off the boy’s shoulder’s in a way that made Yoongi want to do things, highly inappropriate and borderline illegal things. When, still flushed and sweaty from the performance, Jungkook had wrapped a hand around Yoongi’s wrist, a muttered “hyung, come with me,” the only reply to his questioning look.

Jungkook had led him past their waiting room into a relatively abandoned area backstage, squeezing both himself at Yoongi into the narrow corridor, until there was barely any distance left between their bodies. It was severely testing the limits of Yoongi’s self control and he fought hard to keep his breathing measured and even, hands fisted against the wall.

“Kookie,” Yoongi internally cringes at how breathless he sounds. “What…do you think you’re doing?”

Jungkook smirks, freaking smirks, then leans in. (Yoongi thinks he should seriously get a medal or something for exemplary self control)

“I’ve seen the way you look at me…”

Jungkook’s voice drops to a low that Yoongi’s never heard before, and briefly Yoongi thinks that devil maknae is a more fitting title than he ever gave it credit for.

“…when you think I don’t notice, Yoongi,”

Yoongi shudders, knowing he should tell the maknae off for dropping formalities but knowing just who has more power in this situation.

Jungkook leans back, tongue slipping out to wet his bottom lip and Yoongi’s eyes involuntarily follow the movement, before darting up to meet Jungkook’s, half lidded and challenging.

“ it,” Yoongi thinks, taking a step forward and wrapping both arms around the younger’s neck, “if I’m going to hell, I may as well enjoy the trip there.”


41. “You did all this for me?”

 

Nervously, Yoongi opens the door, revealing a candlelit dinner table with seating for two, bottles of wine and spirits lined up in a neat row on top of the kitchen counter. The entire setup is ridiculously warm and romantic and so completely out of Yoongi’s comfort zone that he’s suddenly extremely glad he’d swallowed his pride to ask Seokjin for help.

“Wow hyung…”

Jungkook’s voice is breathless, face lit up in pure wonder but Yoongi still has to fight to keep from biting off the skin around the edge of his fingernails.

“You did all this for me?”

Standing on tiptoe he leans up and pecks the younger on the lips, “Happy eighteenth, Kookie.”

He watches as Jungkook makes his way to the dinner table, the artist in him still marvelling at the entire aesthetic of his hyung’s handiwork.

“Whoa,” Jungkook stares at the food in amazement, “you cooked as well, or was it Jin-hyung?”

“It was me,” Yoongi mutters distractedly, fingers closing over the younger’s wrist, “There’s more, Kook-ah,”

He leads Jungkook to the room at the end of the hallway, pushing open the door to reveal more candles, the flames throwing moving shadows across the dark red sheets. There’s a nondescript white squeeze bottle and a couple of square foil packets sitting on top of the bedside table and Yoongi’s hears Jungkook’s breath catch.

“Hyung, is this…” He turns to face the older, eyes wide and disbelieving, “permission?”

Yoongi bites down on his bottom lip, “This is for after dinner.”

Jungkook grins, looking like a kid who’s been promised ice-cream and cake, and Yoongi thinks the expression is far too innocent all things considered.

“Or~” and Jungkook wraps his arms around Yoongi’s midsection, pulling the older flush against him, breath tickling his neck, “We could skip dinner altogether, right hyung?”