The double date

An Unethical Way to Save Money

This is the short story of the double date Taehyung invited Jikook to...

***

“Hey there! My date is just getting off work—almost forgot but will be here soon.” Taehyung greeted excitedly. The two hadn’t even had a moment to sit down before Taehyung was already rambling at them. Jimin and Jungkook quickly realized that after the pretense of suspicion faded Taehyung was actually a kid who was always making noise somehow. Sometimes he would walk down the halls singing old trot songs just for the hell of it. And one time he joined them for their workout and decided to run around the exercise room making his own Stomp song. It was all rather endearing and a bit excessive but they were growing accustomed to it. Sometimes Jimin would question how Taehyung was already a semi-successful business man, but would drop it after Jungkook would point out that he inherited the business and that despite his bubbly exterior he could be serious and smart when needed.

“Ah, we’ll just order drinks till she gets here.” Jimin said with a smile. In response Taehyung gave a rectangular smile back with an exuberant nod. “Until then we can just chat I suppose,”

“So without me spying on you guys are you enjoying the gym more?” Taehyung quickly asked. Ah, so he knew he was being really obvious with his spying and that it was increasingly awkward.

“Uhm, yeah. We can focus more on getting our routine done and less about seeming like a couple.” Jungkook spoke as he examined the drink list, silently wondering if he could order one of the kid’s menu juices.

“Uh yeah, there’s no fear that you’re simultaneously wanting us to make out and wanting to kick us out for (potentially) being gay.” Jimin laughed along. “At one point we talked about how you might be secretly homophobic and that’s why you wouldn’t believe we were in a relationship.”

Taehyung’s eyes suddenly grew large and round, “Oh god! Of course, that wasn’t the case! I’m so sorry you felt that way! I just wanted to protect the honesty of my company! Anyway, it would be rather hypocritical if I was homophobic.” The boy rushed out, Jimin wasn’t even sure he paused long enough to breathe properly.

“Why would it be-” Jungkook began but was shortly cut off by the arrival of a small, gray haired boy. He wore a black beanie that covered most of his hair, leaving his tuff of bangs to stick out, and a pair of thick-rimmed glasses which had no real lenses. He definitely was not staff, unless their dress code allowed casual jeans and hoodies.

“Hey Tae, sorry I’m late. Is this the couple you’ve been talking about for months now?” The boy spoke, voice low and appealing.

“Hyung, you’re here!” Tae began, “Yeah! This is the couple that literally made a fanfiction come to life in my gym! If they ever get married I insist it’s in the gym! I mean it’s cute to go back to the beginning, right?” Taehyung was almost bragging while looking up at the other like he literally hung the stars in the sky. Both Jungkook and Jimin were a bit confused as the man sat down at their table, “Oh wait! Before I forget: Jimin, Kookie, this is Yoongi. He’s my boyfriend.”

Mild shock passed over Jimin’s and Jungkook’s faces, they both had assumed Tae would be with some model like girl who had an appreciation for eccentric characters. Not some guy who looked like he belonged at a college coffee shop working on poetry. Regardless of the mild surprise both adjusted quickly, Jimin greeting Yoongi with a small while Jungkook hunted for the most expensive item on the menu. If the other was paying he was going to use every last penny he could; after all, Taehyung owed them for all the stalking.

***

And here is some Taegi! I couldn't help but to add my bias into the story, plus I love me some Taegi. Critique is welcomed