No Matter What

Sarang Sweet Sarang

"Oh"

Minhwan lowered his head, his eyes beginning to well up. He couldn't hide the pain in his voice, he didn't even try to. He had never felt so bad before in his whole entire life, and he was yet to be schooled on how to behave when being false with another in order to hide his true feelings.

"Hwannie?"

He didn't look up as his hyung spoke. He heard the concern lacing his tone but he couldn't bring himself to look the other man in the eyes. It would hurt too much.

"I...........need to go to bed" he mumbled

Seunghyun reached over, placing his hand over the young drummers

"Wait, don't you want to know who it is with?"

Minhwan shook his head

"I think I already know" the sorrow in his voice worried Seunghyun.

Why was the younger man acting this way?

'He's fine about me being gay, but not in love with someone?'

Minhwan tried to pull his hand free from the others grasp, failing when his hyungs grip tightened.

"No, Minhwan, your not running away" Seunghyun almost yelled

"Not until we talk, what the is up?"

Seeing the tears fall down his dongsaengs face, Seunghyun felt his heart tighten in his chest.

"Hwannie, whats wrong?" his tone was gentle as he leaned over pulling the younger man into his arms, wrapping them fully around his body. Minhwan attempted to pull back for a second, before he gave in, realizing he was going nowhere for the time being.

He let the tears cascade down his cheeks and threw his arms around Seunghyun, pressing his face into the crook of his hyungs neck.

Minhwan silently wept as the older man rubbed soothing circles on his back, whispering 'ssh' and 'its okay' into his ear.

He wanted so badly to stay there forever. Never seperate from his hyung, he didn't know when he would get the chance to do this again and if he ever would.

After what seemed like an hour but must have only been a few minutes, Seunghyun pulled out of the embrace, his hands resting on Minhwan's biceps.

They sat like that for a second, staring into each others eyes. Minhwan's sobs had quietened down to a little gasp every now and then and his tear stained cheeks had mostly dried.

"Come on, tell me whats wrong? Is it about me being in love with someone?"

Judging by the pained expression on his dongsaengs face at his words, Seunghyun's assumption appeared to be pretty accurate.

"But, don't you want me to be happy?" the older mans question dragged Minhwan out of his thoughts

"Of course, more than anything hyung" his eyes full of conviction fell upon the other mans.

Seunghyun brushed a stray strand of hair from Minhwan's face as he smiled warmly at his dongseang

"But?" he asked

A frown spread across the drummers mouth, he lowered his head. He felt ashamed. He had no right to feel anything other than happy that his hyung had found someone, even if it wasn't with him. He felt like such an .

"But nothing hyung, you deserve to be happy" he paused "With whoever you want to be with, its none of my business, I just hope that whoever that other person is, realizes just how special you are and treats you the way you should be treated. With love and respect."

He ended, meaning every word he had just spoke. He didn't care how it sounded, it was true. He felt happier letting Seunghyun go, if the other man knew how much he was worth and how much he meant to his dongsaeng. But most of all, he felt better at the knowledge that he would never lose Seunghyun, they would always be friends. Minhwan was okay with that, as long as his hyung was happy and loved.

"Good" Seunghyun's voice brought him from the confines of his mind

Minhwan nodded

"Because, I think you will like him" the smile that played on Seunghyun's lips was making him feel uneasy. Maybe he couldn't just stand by and watch his hyung fall for another.

"Oh?" he asked "And why is that?"

"Because you know him"

Minhwan gulped, hard. No way, he couldn't do this, not tonight, not ever. Not if it was someone he knew.

Just then he felt as if his stomach had dropped as realization washed over him.

'Jaejin'

'Oh god no, not him, please god, no.'

Knowing he was with someone else was going to be hellish enough, but to actually see them together. Cuddling, kissing and sleeping together in his own house, well, that right there may very well kill him.

Odd how it took all this information, (or was it overactive imagination?) to make the maknae aware of just how strong his feelings for his hyung were. He knew then and there that he was in love with the older man. Love was meant to be a pleasurable experience, so why, thus far, had it been nothing but pain.

"Really......cool...........l..listen, I really best get to bed hyung" Minhwan slid his body forward on the sofa, pressing his hands down into the fabric to steady himself as he stood. He wasn't even sure if his legs were going to be able to hold his body upright, he felt too heavy, like a dead weight.

Seunghyun reached over, placing his hand on Minhwan's forearm

"Don't you even wanna know who he is?"

The maknae shook his head, standing straight up, fake smile plastered across his lips

"Tell me tomorrow, I'm tired" he shrugged "Besides, I know him already right, so it can wait"

Seunghyun laughed "Seriously, you don't wanna know"

Minhwan shook his head again

"Tell me tomorrow". He walked towards the door.

"Okay cool, but I'm gonna tell him tonight, just thought I'd talk with you about it before I did"

Minhwan stilled all movement, he turned to face the other man

"But, you are drunk, you should wait til you're sober" his voice came out pleading, he didn't care. Seunghyun telling the guy he wanted that he loved him was inevitable, but he really shouldn't do it while he's intoxicated. He should be clear on how he feels and not make a mistake.

Besides, Minhwan really didn't want his hyung to tell the other man at all, he knew however that he had to let it go. It just felt so wrong letting the person you felt so strongly for, chase after another. It hurt real bad.

Seunghyun shrugged

"Theres no time like the present" he smiled, pulling his cell phone from the pocket of his black hoodie, he flipped it open and started to dial a number.

Minhwan didn't know what possesed him. He threw himself across his hyungs lap, snatching at the phone but failing to grab it as Seunghyun pressed the send button, a confused look on his face at the younger man practically laying in his lap.

Minhwan's face fell as the sound of a phone rang loudly through the otherwise still apartment.

His mouth fell open into a silent O as he realized just where the shrill noise was coming from.