fin.

lil' something
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two moves of a comb, one check in the mirror and Seungkwan was ready to go. It was the first day of school after a long spring break and he wanted to look like he spent it nicely even though he didn’t. Tons of homework and his parents nagging him to clean the house took most of his precious time he would most likely prefer to waste on sleeping and doing nothing. His friends keep encouraging him to rebel and sneak out of the house but he knew his mother will ground him for at least two months if he did. That’s why he just decided to obey his parents and stay home when they needed him to.

“Mom, I’m going out!” Seungkwan shouted while putting his shoes on when an older man approached him in the hallway.

“Do you have your wristband?” His dad looked at him with concern, wrinkles forming on his forehead.

Seungkwan only sighed and showed him his hand. “I almost don’t take it off, calm down.” It’s not like he wanted to wear it but both of his parents and himself decided it was better to hide his soulmate mark, considering the fact it wasn’t the best thing he could show to other people. He swears, he will have a serious talk with his other half when he finally finds them. His friends had either really nice or simple things written on their wrists like “Excuse me” or “Hello”, even Seokmin had something decent like “Could you borrow a pen?” but Seungkwan was always a laughing-stock amongst their group. Big “Oh ” mark on the carpus haunting him since he turned fourteen years old.

His father smiled and wished him good luck when the teenager was heading out to meet with everyone in their usual spot. Earphones in his ears and dancing along to some idol group songs he made his way to the group standing beside a giant tree. A tall boy noticed him and started waving excitedly making others turn their heads. Seungkwan switched off the music and pulled off his earphones, putting them somewhere in the backpack, probably regretting it later when he won’t be able to untie them. 

“Seungkwan!” Soonyoung shouted at him, literally beaming in the sunlight. Seokmin had an arm on his shoulder, smiling as widely as his best friend. Both of them looked like they were in a really good mood, probably getting lots of sleep and sweets during their spring break. Seungkwan couldn’t blame them, he would do the same if his parents weren’t complaining about every single thing he did besides studying. Seungkwan knew he wasn’t the best student and his grades were below average but it’s not like he didn’t care. Just spending his free time with friends or watching youtube was always a better option than sitting in front of books and trying to understand algebra.

Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Stop being so loud,” he breathed out but still sent a nod in Seungkwan’s direction which he responded to with a grin.

“Let’s go, we will be late,” Mingyu said and took Wonwoo by his arm, rambling about his sister winning some art competition, his boyfriend acting like he was actually listening. Everyone else followed them, Seungkwan somewhere in the back looking obviously tired. Few moments later there was Seokmin walking beside him complaining about Jihoon sending him death glares for sticking too close to Soonyoung. Seungkwan only smiled and pulled at his wristband.

The taller boy smiled at him sympathetically, taking him by an arm. “Don’t worry ‘Kwan, you know nobody cares anymore,” he said making Seungkwan glare at him. “Jeez, thanks.” Both of them laughed and started talking about the newest music video of their favorite band.

***

The click of chopsticks and trays when someone banged their head on the table made everyone around flinch. It was Seungkwan holding a piece of paper in his hand.

“Dammit, Seungkwan! You gave me a heart attack,” Soonyoung sighed and released Jihoon’s hand which he gripped startled by Seungkwan’s sudden noise.

“They ing changed my timetable,” he whined and was ready to bang his head again when Jisoo put hand between his forehead and the table, making Seungkwan look at him.

Junghan pulled his boyfriend’s tray his way to take some of the meat with his chopsticks. “For someone who hates his soulmate mark, you sure swear a lot,” the said boy said while putting the food inside of Seungcheol’s mouth.

“But why did they do it, tho?” Mingyu asked while stuffing himself with rice. Wonwoo looked at him with disbelief, whispering something about his boyfriend being gross. The other smiled at him apologetically which made Wonwoo release a sigh.

“His English teacher is pregnant and they had to put together two classes because school can’t find anyone who’s willing to work only for a small period of time,” Seokmin explained and everyone nodded in understanding. He already heard about it from Seungkwan because the older wouldn’t shut up about it during the walk to the cafeteria.

“But what’s so bad about it?” Jihoon spoke up for the first time during the lunch break making everyone look up at Seungkwan. He didn’t want to tell them but guess Seokmin is more than willing to spill the beans.

“He has classes with Hansol now.”

Everyone beside the table started either laughing or hooting, Seungkwan’s blushing face already hidden in his hands. Other students looked at them startled by the sudden outburst. Seungcheol choked on his food and Junghan patted him on the back with concern. “But that’s a good thing, right?” Jisoo asked while barricading the tray in front of him with his own arm to prevent his boyfriends from stealing his food.

“It’s not!” He groaned and threw his hands in the air, almost hitting Seokmin in the nose. Every single one of his friends knew about his crush on Hansol. Back in the day he wouldn’t shut up about the handsome boy in his PE classes who also turned out to be a part of school’s volleyball team. Seungkwan couldn’t not fall in love with him considering the fact he was such a big fan of that sport. He knew it wasn’t good to have a crush on someone before meeting your soulmate but he couldn’t help it. Seungkwan let himself to be a secret admirer of the said boy even though in the end, he will probably end up hurt.

“But maybe you can finally talk to him!” Mingyu offered smiling brightly. He always was the number one supporter of Seungkwan’s crush because Hansol is his teammate and a close friend and knew that the other also felt lonely without a soulmate by his side.   

Seungkwan only shook his head and started waving his hands. “No, no, no! I won’t ever talk to him, look at him or even breathe the same air as him. We aren’t meant to be and I don’t want to interrupt him in finding his soulmate. I should also find myself one,” he scratched his wrist covered with fabric which prevented anyone to see his soulmate mark.

“But Seungkwan–“ Jisoo started but the other cut him off.

“No, we’re not talk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter