People there spend all the time just relaxing on the grass and laughing. p.1

Do you regret it?

 

It was half past midnight but Jonghyun still wandered around the kitchen.
The past two weeks were really busy at work. The new client demanded 24 hours of his time and attention, no excuse allowed. Even if it was dying dew to exhaustion. In result the man was staying late at work, doing papers at home and not falling asleep because of the distress. 
If it was before he wouldn't mind so much. Even if it meant Taemin spending more time at his grandma's at least his time wouldn't be so oppressive. And he knew once the work was over, his son will be there for him to devote himself to. But for the past month he had something way more important than Mr. Lee's caprices to think about. And he wasn't sure how much more time he was left for it.
'Maybe I should really go on leave.' he though grumpily while opening the fridge to get another beer. He had one more report to go trough for the night. Only after he could try and close his eyes.
"Working all night again?" 
Jonghyun turned around abruptly startled by the voice behind him. His expression quickly passed into a warm smile though when he saw Kibum looking at him concerned.
'Is it bad that I'm happy when he's worried?' 
Kibum was in his green pajamas and messy hair, probably woken up in the middle of the night. His right hand held an empty glass.
"Yeah." after a moment for taking in the sight Jonghyun answered briefly. He didn't say anything else in fear to go wrong somewhere. Kibum and he were still awkward with each other alone in the room. Fortunately there's always Taemin butting in. 
"O-ok." 
'Is it bad that I don't want to assure you I'm ok, so you can ask again?' 
"It will be over in less than a week." he added in a little while. 
"Oh." Kibum muttered again nodding. His eyes locked with Jonghyun's for a second but he quickly averted them, much to the others discontent. He went to the fridge and opened it taking out a bottle of water. Still in silence he filled the glass in his hands.
Jognhyun on the other hands watched his movements not daring to even breathe. He often caught himself doing this. Just staring at Kibum, taking in every angle of him, every expression, every posture. As if he didn't remember it all long ago. 
"Well, I better go then."  Kibum broke the silence awkwardly smiling. "I'll check on Taemin first."
"… Yeah."
"You ..." Kibum looked at him rather uncomfortably. "You have everything ..."
Getting what his husband, like he still called him in his mind, wanted to ask Jonghyun nodded.
"Yeah, I got my blankets beforehand today." 
Because obviously Kibum wasn't comfortable with him and all their apartment contained was two bedrooms, a small kitchen and a hall, Jonghyun offered to sleep on the couch. They had become good friends after the first two weeks, by now his legs almost never had crams.
"Hm, ok. I... I better go then." Kibum bowed slightly and finally exited the room.
Jonghyun stayed behind eying the door for a while before sighing heavily and opening the bottle of beer in his hand. 
'It's getting better!' he tried to think positively. But even in his mind, the thought sounded bitter. 
 
"And then and then umma smiled lovingly and said he better go to sleep and ... Well, probably kissed appa and wished him a sweet goodnight." Taemin suddenly ended his ,otherwise (overly)excited, speech a little hesitantly.
"What? Probably?!" Yuki-chan beside him cried out with disappointment spilling accidentally some of her vanilla ice-cream on the table.
They were once again at Hyukjae's pastry shop, sitting to one of the small tables near the counter. Yuki had a big bowl of ice-cream before her from which she was happily eating but unlike any other time Taemin next to her wasn't tucking in any sweetmeats. He had come with his appa today only to buy a cake for home. They had agreed they should hold a party tonight since it was exactly one month since umma came back and also Taemin's own birthday in two days. Luckily Jonghyun finally took a leave from work and was completely free for the rest of the month,
It was pure chance when entering the shop they spotted Yuki-chan already in there, eating happily with Kyu-chan in front of her. 'Un, Kyu-chan again?' Taemin vaguely thought in midst of the joy at seeing his friend. "Her parents asked me to watch her for a couple of hours and she dragged me here!" at the same time the man justified himself without a real need. 'Strange...'
In the end Taemin shrugged it off and sat with them waiting for his appa to buy the cake, of course with full instructions given by the seven-years-old. And while he and Hyu-chan talked about the glaze, Taemin kept himself busy with telling about the sweet scene he witnessed a couple of nights before. He enthusiastically described to Yuki-chan (and Kyu-chan although the boy kinda forgot about him) his umma and appa's interaction. 
Lately he talked about it a lot. After all it was a long time without seeing his parents together so he couldn't help but feel exceptionally agitated every time he sees them smile, laugh or even just talk to each other. He missed it so much that sometimes his mind exaggerated the scenes. Only so it could feel like before. 
Yuki however wasn't that impressed by the story. According to her opinion the ending was really disappointing: Where did you heard about a fairy tale ending with 'Well, they probably kissed' ?
"This is boring!" the little girl whined and pursed her thin lips into a cute pout. "You can't even tell a complete story!"
"I couldn't stay any longer, umma said he was going to check on me!" Taemin defended himself from her accusations.
"Well, I don't remember any tale being told by spying trough the key hole either." 
"I didn't spy trough the key hole. The door was half open!" not getting the meaning Taemin exclaimed. Yuki just roller her eyes not even bothering to answer him. She turned to the teacher instead. Who like usual was spacing out not minding the two kids on his table.
 "Kyu-chan you agree with me, right? Taemin's being stupid telling something like that." she smirked evilly at the boy "Who wants to listen about his umma and appa in the first place. It's not like they are prince and princess anyway."
Taemin frowned at that comment. Yuki-chan was such a meany lately! Every time he told her something she retorted back with a comment like that one.
"Yuki-chan is just jealous!" he stuck his tongue out.
"I'm not!"
"Is too!"
"Am not!"
"Is too!"
"Am..."
“Oh come on, don't bicker again!“ suddenly a voice stop the two making their heads turn in the same direction. Hard to believe but Kyuhyun has woken up from his open-eyed-dream and was staring straight at them. Apparently he wasn't in good mood.
“KYU-CHAN” the both kids grumbled at the same time. But 'Kyu-chan' only looked at them confusedly indicating he had no idea about the conversation they were having. Like any other time!
“Kyu-chan tell Yuki-chan is only jealous because she won't have party with cake tonight!” Taemin whined tugging at the man's sleeve. 
“Oh, yeah!” the little girl bristled up “And who's coming to this 'party'? A party with only your parents isn't anything great!”
“Um...” Taemin stuttered searching for words.
“Yeeeeah?” Yuki smirked in triumph feeling the win on her side. 
“Um...Kyu-chan can come!” a bright idea came to Taemin's mind “Right, Kyu-chan?” 
“. . .”
“And, and you can see umma again! You haven't seen umma for so long!” everything his appa has told him about his uppa condition flew trough his right ear only so he can beat Yuki in this. 
“W-what?” Kyuhyun asked bewildered .
He finally has got what the both of them were talking about and it made him widened his eyes. Being Kibum's best friend and Taemin's teacher he get to spent much time with the family and the boy hasn't talked about his umma since the funeral. To hear him, oh-so casually, invite him to meet the death Kibum came as a shock. Even if the boy initially had a great power of imagination this was way more than what  he expected. 
“Taemin!” Jonghyun's voice cut trough making him snap out of his thoughts. The man was waving to his son to come to him, they were leaving. 
Smiling widely the boy complied to his appa. Kyuhyun's gaze following him still not getting what all of this meant. A moment before they exited the shop Jonghyun's eyes met him. 
 
Thinking back the look in them was the main reason why he was now standing in front of Kim''s family door, hesitantly ringing the bell. He was afraid of what he will find behind it. The fear only grew when it started opening. Ever so slowly.
 

Finally!
Sorry for any mistakes,  I'm once again too lazy and exhausted to check the chapter properly. *yawn*
I only want to say I'm not making Yuki  mean on purpose! I only think I would act the same if I was in her place. Kids...

Comment and subscribe ^^^

Thanks' for reading ^^^