Prologue

Do you regret it?
"Taeminnie do you know the tale about Alazura land? It's the most beautiful place you can imagine. The sun shines all the time because no one there needs to sleep. Neither they need to eat or drink. The people there spend all the time just relaxing on the grass and laughing. They are always happy remembering their past. And no one is sad, they don't even have a word for this feeling. That's because Alazura is the land of memories. It's where people go after their lives so the spirits could rest. Umma will go there soon too. But don't worry because he won't be sad. He will be very happy to be in a place like that and will remember you and appa all the time. Umma loves you and appa very much, remember this Taeminnie. And I'll miss you very much. So much I'll even go and see you once. A year after our parting I'll visit you again. For six months just to make sure you are fine without me. And when the six months end I'll kiss you both on the cheek and go back to rest."

 

*   *   *

 

'It's finally raining.'Jonghyun thought, a semblance of a thin smile creeping to his face.

Yesterday was sunny. And hot. So hot he couldn't breath in his black clothes. It wasn't like any April's day. And it wasn't The weather you would expect for the occasion.

'Maybe the sun wanted to say goodbye too.'

The thin smile disappeared from his face as his eyes began to water again. Why now? It hurts so bad because it's now. Just why? Isn't there a God?

"Appa I want to go home"a small hand tugged his sleeve.

Taemin was looking at him with big puffy eyes much like Jonghyun's right now. The man forced one more apology of a smile and hugged him. He knew this wasn't only hard for himself. He knew that and still couldn't be stronger.

"Go wait me in the car, ok? I'll say goodbye to umma and come to you in a minute."

The kid nodded sniffing loudly and run towards the vehicle.

Jonghyun sighed watching him. Why it had to be this way?

"Are you ok there yaebo?"he touched the tomb "You are not hurting again, right? You must be happy to finally rest." The warm streams of tears finally left his eyes rolling down.

"D-don't miss us m-much, ok? Bec-cause I ... I'll miss you f-for the b-b-both of us...j-just res-st...wait for m-me...I'm sorr..."

His knees gave away and Jonghyun fell on the ground unable to hold on anymore. It just couldn't be real. He was preparing for this more than a year and yet it was so horrible. So painful he wanted to end his life too.

Kibum left them. Him and Taemin. Him and their little child. How can Jognhyun manage by himself now? How can Kibum expect him to raise Taemin by himself?

"Yaebo..."he whispered faintly tired of crying. Now he just lied there, remembering all the happy years he had. It was really fortunate that he lead such wonderful life till now. Till now.

'Were you happy as I was Key? Do you regret it?'