Loved

Ugly
Please log in to read the full chapter

          Four years later

          Wiping on the marble surface of the countertop, I witnessed a group of college boys entering the café whilst chortling about a joke. Smiling knowingly, I watched them settle down on a long couch before one of them made shy steps towards me at the cashier.

          “Hi Jungkook,” I grinned, aware that he was one of the café’s regular customers. “The usual for seven of you?”

          Jungkook smiled shyly, rubbing the nape of his neck. “Hello noona,” he greeted with an attractive smile. “Seven cappuccinos, the usual. How are you?”

          I hummed, pondering on a reply while I punch his orders onto the cashier’s screen. “I'm good,” I uttered with a small smile. “Just going about my daily routine, attending college, working in this café as a part time job and writing. It is tiring but I am happy and contented.”

          The eighteen-year-old boy nodded, chuckling. “You must have a lot of guys chasing after you, huh.”

          I blinked, taken aback by his statement. “Sorry?” I asked, almost not believing what he said.

          “He means that you’re attractive,” Taehyung appeared beside Jungkook, his arm slung lazily over Jungkook’s shoulders. “A kind heart boasts one's inner beauty. Smittened by you, he's been preaching your great personality a lot. And I should know, because that is the only reason why he’s been returning to this café a lot.”

          Jungkook blushed crimson, nonetheless throwing a glare at his friend. “He’s right,” he laughed. “Can I have your number, noona?”

          “Sorry to disappoint you,” A husky voice intrudes the conversation. I gasped when I felt a pair of lean arms circling my waist, hugging me from behind, then kissing me on my cheek. “But this woman here is off limits.”

          I felt blood rushing to my cheeks, causing them to be scarlet red. I bit my bottom lip, fully aware that it was not the most appropriate thing to display affection in front of a customer, furthermore an eighteen-year-old student asking for my number.

          Flustered, I slapped his hands off me. Smiling sheepishly at Jungkook who was pouting slightly at our affection, I fixed my bangs as a habit.

          “Sorry Jungkook, I have a boyfriend and he gets extremely jealous.” I rolled my eyes playfully, tiptoeing to flick the culprit’s forehead.

          “Who says I’m jealous?” he mumbled bitterly, pursing his lips as he rubbed his sore forehead.

          Jungkook laughed at the sight of my boyfriend being childish. “Sehun hyung, you’re so lucky to have someone as pretty as noona to be your girlfriend. Can I have her number, please? Just for a friendly conversation.”

          “No, I definitely cannot bring myself to trust an eighteen-year-old with raging hormones around my girlfriend,” he wriggled his finger in front of his face.

          Sehun pecked me on my lips then scrutinizing my facial features. Smiling widely, he stared into my orbs tenderly with affection that made my legs jelly instantly. “Right? I’m so lucky to have such a pretty girlfriend.”

          Feeling my heart skip a beat at his compliment, I felt a gush of memories overcoming my mind when he mentioned pretty. Nonetheless, I brushed them off, not needing the negative energy. “Of course,” I beamed. “You should be honour

Please log in to read the full chapter