Captures

Captures

Doyeon-centric, w. Eunwoo, Siyeon, minor Doyeon/Yoojung | ~700w

Fansite master Eunwoo makes Doyeon take photos for her at an IOI performance, but Doyeon doesn't even know the members' names.

---

"Why am I here, again?" Doyeon asks as she brings her hands up and presses her thumbs over her eyebrows, trying to block out the sun. She squints and can barely - just barely - make out the MC on the stage. She can hear her going on and on about something, buying time until the main act can come out. They've already been waiting thirty minutes and Doyeon honestly doesn't want to be in this crowd any longer. She gets no response - typical.

She can hear Eunwoo cursing as she presses some buttons on her camera, complaining about the number of heads blocking her view, but she tunes Eunwoo out as Siyeon tugs on her sleeve. Doyeon ducks down a little bit so Siyeon can whisper to her.

"Where did Siyeon go?" Eunwoo asks a few minutes later. Doyeon can see Siyeon still trying to shove her way out of the crowd and she watches her with a little bit of jealousy, but she knows that Eunwoo wouldn't let both of them leave.

"She's going to save us a table at the chicken place. She said you're treating us."

Eunwoo opens to protest, but Doyeon calmly continues. "She said it's payment for making us stand here and suffer for you and your precious idol."

Eunwoo frowns and elbows Doyeon in the stomach gently.

"Hey - she's a babe! You should be grateful that you're here with me! You're going to witness a GODDESS!!"

Doyeon ties her hair back and immediately feels the sun beating down on the back of her neck. She groans and thinks about how many pieces of chicken she's going to eat later.

"This had better be worth it."

Ten girls climb onto stage, and the cheers begin roaring in her ears.

-

It is halfway through the first song - a song with minimal movement, just in-place dancing and a lot of pointing at the sky and skipping from side-to-side - when Eunwoo pulls on Doyeon's other sleeve and Doyeon leans down again.

"I can't see ," Eunwoo complains in a disgusting, whiny tone that has Doyeon cringing. "Can you see? I mean - of course you can, you're like five stories tall - can I climb you or something? I need to take these photos because she's wearing a crop top and I-"

Doyeon attempts to pull away and step back when Eunwoo places a hand on her shoulder and looks like she's really about to attempt to climb, but she doesn't get far because people are shoving on all sides. Eunwoo practically screams out of frustration.

"Take this!" Eunwoo shouts and places her camera into Doyeon's open palm. "Take photos of the small one staring at the camera! She should know my camera by now!"

Doyeon blinks down at the equipment in her hand worth hundreds and hundreds of Eunwoo's questionably obtained money and the tiny banner that sits on top of the body that reads "WOWEE HOT MAMI KIM CHUNGHA!!" in bright letters.

"Which button do I press?"

"Any of them!" Eunwoo panics as the first song comes to an end. "ALL of them!"

Doyeon looks up and notices a small face staring at her as the members begin their individual introductions. The girl tilts her head to one side and Doyeon raises Eunwoo's camera, presses her eye against the viewfinder, and starts pushing away.

The girl begins smiling and posing for the camera, and she laughs every time Doyeon pulls her face away and squints at her from afar before looking into the lens again. 

Click.

There's something about the way the girl's eyes shut as her smile grows bigger on her face that has got Doyeon smiling too.

Click.

She's kind of cute.

-

"Why are these photos all of Yoojung?" Eunwoo complains as her food gets cold in front of her. Doyeon dips another piece of chicken in sauce as Siyeon presses the service bell to order another plate.

"Huh?" Doyeon blinks, open. Siyeon winces and looks away. "But she was staring at the camera the entire time..."

"Wrong shortie, Doyeon!!" Eunwoo wails, and proceeds to make sobbing noises for the rest of the meal.