chanbaek

vote up!

(chanbaek | 1,126w | who knew moms were so nosy and maybe knew better than them in terms of falling in love.)

 

They were walking to their precinct when his mom stopped at a room that was definitely far from their destination and he heaved a sigh. Here we go again.

 

“Oh, gosh, Mrs. Byun is that you?” His mom asks someone and a lady who looks young and beautiful turns around to look at her.

 

“Is that you, Mrs. Park? How long has it been?” A voice asks, question directed to the woman he is with. More friends, more chatter.

 

He sighs as someone else does, too. He looks at the source.

 

A man a few feet shorter than him graces his eyes, together with black colored hair with its fringe brushed to the side. Beneath the glorious hair is a pair of brown eyes, coated with a thin shade of eye-liner, giving the shape of the owner’s eyes more significance. Followed by it is a cute button nose, a square-shape smile and a jaw that looks like it was perfectly carved into its owners dazzling face.

 

After the sigh and the smile that passed, the adorable man before him went up to the lady his mom called and he whispered something to her.

 

“Give me a moment, dear. This is Mrs. Park and it has been long since I last saw her so give me a chance to catch up, okay?” The lady pats the boy’s cheek and it surprises him to see the plump lips pout because of the situation he’s in, and the boy’s mother gestures to him before facing Mrs. Park, “This is my son, by the way. His name is Byun Baekhyun.”

 

How the hell did the boy have the audacity to show that mega-watt smile to his mother? How? How in the world?

 

His mother extends her hand to the boy. “Well hello, there! You look like such a cutie pie,” Cue in his moms squeals of excitement and next thing he knew, he was being caught by his mother’s other hand, “This is my son, Park Chanyeol. Why don’t you two talk first and we’ll do our thing too, okay?”

 

Chanyeol had nothing else to do but bow to the lady who pats his cheek and look for a bench around the premises that they can sit on.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Oh, hello, I’m sorry. Our moms are something, huh?” He asks in a hurry, all thoughts leaving his mind as soon as he looks down to the man walking beside him.

 

“Yes,” Said boy smiles at him, that smile that melts him, “They are. Well, we should be able to do something ourselves, I don’t want to feel bored today, not now.”

 

“Same here, it’s not like I’ve been moping around at home this past summer but I’m here to use my right in voting and I’ll need all the energy for voting,” He says, not sure whether what he said was a joke or not, his deep voice wavering at the end.

 

“Now why would you mope at home, huh?” This question is thrown at him and he sees genuine eyes look at him as they sit down at a bench nearby.

 

“Uh, well, it’s just that I am usually at home and not like I just stay home to mope. I do not, of course, why will I do that. Nope. Definitely no moping happens.”

 

The petite boy beside him laughs and he hears bells and a symphony he feels like he wants to hear every day.

 

I definitely want to hear that laugh again.

 

“I’m sorry,” Mr. Laughing Boy apologizes, his beautiful hands covering his mouth to stifle the giggles that like to escape, “It’s just that… you’re funny.”

 

“Well, I’m glad my ability to humor myself in public is still alive and working,” He grins for a second and closes his mouth again. He knows his smile could freak out a lot of people and he just doesn’t want to scare Baekhyun off this early.

 

“You should smile more often,” Baekhyun surprises him, “You look like sunshine when you do.”

 

“I do?” He does?

 

“Yes. So I recommend for you to show that more often,” He guesses that this guy beside him is full of surprises himself.

 

“I…” Look, here he is tongue-tied just because of those simple words, it’s not like people said that to him anyways, “I will. Thank you.”

 

“It’s not that hard to accept a compliment now is it?” A laugh is emitted from those precious lips once again.

 

“I guess not. It’s just that not a lot of people think that my smile is worth complimenting,” He explains, “It kinda scares people, you see.”

 

“Then they are idiots.”

 

Surprises are really unexpected and Chanyeol is starting to like them.

 

“Well it is great to know that you aren’t,” He jokes.

 

“Of course I am not. If I was I wouldn’t be talking with you now, would I?”

 

“I guess so,” He laughs then, or bark is more like it. It’s just that he feels like doing so, so he does just that.

 

“Well, I’m glad my ability to humor myself in public is still alive and working,” Baekhyun quotes back to him.

 

He glances at him. Eyes looking at each other beneath the heating sun burn more now that they are in contact.

 

They both smile.

 

“Would you,” Chanyeol starts, unsure of their situation, “Would you have anything to do after this?”

 

“None,” Baekhyun answers immediately, seeming to have had the answer ready even before the question had been asked.

 

“That’s great!”

 

“Yes,” Baekhyun laughs again. At him. “It is.”

 

“I’m sorry,” He laughs a little, “Would you mind to hang out with me for a while?”

 

“I’d love that.”

 

The air stills and they both stare at each other. One is looking up while the other looks down at him. Just then, Baekhyun’s eyes curve into crescents and his pupils get lost under his eyelashes.

 

Chanyeol’s breathing hitches.

 

“You are so beautiful,” He states, not minding of he may be staring too much at the one beside him. “I’ll smile whenever you do.”

 

Cheeks flush a color of red and roses and both men seem to be at a loss for words.

 

It’s that magical thing called falling in love.

 

“Oh there you boys are!” A woman calls to their direction and they both jump in surprise.

 

“Let’s go ahead, Chanyeol. Say your goodbyes to Mrs. Byun and Baekhyun,” His mom tells him.

 

“Goodbye, Mrs. Byun,” He says as he bows to her, then faces to Baekhyun who has also stood up and is beside his own mother, “Baekhyun.”

 

“Mrs. Park,” Baekhyun responds, motioning his respect towards his mother, “It was nice to meet you, Chanyeol.”

 

They stare at each other and both are looking forward to their meeting after voting.