outtakes

a sky full of stars

Just some things that didn't make the cut.

Summary of who is who:

the air signs:
aquarius: hansol
gemini: mingyu, wonwoo
libra: jeonghan

the water signs: 
pisces: jisoo
cancer: minghao
scorpio: jun

the fire signs:
leo: seungcheol
aries: chan
sagittarius: seokmin

the earth signs:
taurus: soonyoung
virgo: jihoon
capricorn: seungkwan

other constellations:
ophiuchus: samuel
lynx: doyoon
the first cancer: mingming
ursa major (one of the constellations near leo): dongjin
 



1. the helping hands

When Libra had fallen, Sirius and Polaris stood there for a long while, long enough that their apprentices came to find them. "Sirius? Polaris?" the young constellations called, and the two leaders of the celestial sphere turned.

"Yes?" Sirius spoke. The two constellations fidgeted in front of them, clearly having something on their minds. "We were wondering if you would allow us to help the zodiac constellations," Lynx said hesitantly, Ophiuchus nodding in agreement shyly.

Sirius and Polaris smiled at them fondly. "Of course we will. They were your first family, how could we deny you that?" Polaris said.

The two constellations pulsed with light, showing how pleased they were at having obtained permission.

Polaris took out a compass and gave it to Ophiuchus, saying, "This is the other half of the compass I gave Libra. It will lead Libra to the constellation closest to him, and it's your job to help him. Use the aura pool to help you. Even fallen constellations and stars still have their auras. It'll be enough for you to find them and direct Libra to them." 

Meanwhile, Sirius showed Lynx his job. "This pool will show you the location of where Libra will meet his next constellation. Just locate the aura you want with the aura pool, and relay that information into this pool. Time works differently up here, so you'll essentially have the power of foresight.

"Libra will receive the locations in dreams, so you have to be as specific as you can to help him. Ophi will have Polaris's compass, and both of you have access to the aura pool. Hopefully, the two of you will help them come home sooner, rather than later."

The two young constellations nodded determinedly, and got to work, while Polaris and Sirius went to do their own jobs, directing constellations and stars to their proper positions.
 



2. the mistake

"Oh no." At that, Lynx looked up from where he was focusing on his own pool, gaze narrowing on Ophiuchus, who stood there wringing his hands in front of the aura pool.

"What is it, Ophi? What did you do now?" Lynx said, and Ophiuchus turned to Lynx. "Remember how I said I found Cancer? I may have made a mistake." The last few words came out in a mumble, and Lynx came over.

"What do you mean?" Lynx peered into the aura pool. "I found someone whose aura is really similar to Cancer's, so I thought it was him... I was so confident, too." Ophiuchus sounded so dejected, and Lynx sighed.

"Hurry and find Cancer, idiot. You're lucky I haven't sent any dreams to Libra yet."

(Headcanon that the someone with the similar aura is the old Cancer, reborn.)
 



3. the distraction

"Lynx, Ophi!" Ursa Major ran up to the two busy constellations. "What is it, Major? Ophi and I are busy," Lynx said, trying to focus.

"Oh..." Ursa Major wilted in disappointment. "And I'd just found a new meteor surfing place, too..."

Ophiuchus looked up immediately from the aura pool and compass when he heard the words 'meteor surfing'. "Meteor surfing? Where?"

"No, Ophi. I still have to give Libra the dreams to find Aquarius." Lynx's disapproval was evident, and Ophiuchus whined.

"But it's meteor surfing! You know how rare it is to find a good surfing spot! Besides, Libra's going to find Aquarius when Aquarius becomes his next door neighbour, it's a given that they'll meet! You can give Libra the dreams later!" Ophiuchus begged.

Lynx stood there, contemplating, before he sighed. "I'll surf three times. No more, no less. Then we're coming back to do our jobs, got it?"

Ophiuchus and Ursa Major both brightened, and Lynx followed the two at a more sedate pace, throwing apologetic and worried glances at the two pools he was walking away from.

'Ah well. Three times won't hurt.' Lynx thought, and caught up quickly with the other two constellations.
 



4. the erratic spinning 

"Lynx?" Ophiuchus called out, sounding confused. "Hmm?" Lynx hummed, telling Ophiuchus that he was paying attention.

"I found Scorpio just a while ago, yeah?" Ophiuchus said, and Lynx hummed his agreement.

"But I just found Mini, and they're both the same distance from Libra," Ophiuchus continued, stuck between the two. "Now I don't know which to choose." The words were said in a distraught tone, and Lynx hummed thoughtfully.

"Send me the details of their auras, I'll see where they'll meet Libra and maybe we can decide from that." Ophiuchus did so immediately, and Lynx immediately transferred the data into Sirius's pool, and frowned.

"...They're going to meet in the same place. What now?" Lynx spoke up, and Ophiuchus groaned. "Fine, let's go with Scorpio. Cancer knows him already, plus I've already made the compass point in his direction."

"They're going to meet Libra at the Dioscuri Cafe... where Mini is at," Lynx frowned at the pool. "Can't you just change the arrow of the compass so it's pointing at both?"

"I can't! Polaris's compass is only ever meant to point in one direction!" Ophiuchus exclaimed.

"Well, figure something out. I can't help you there." Lynx's reply was met with an exasperated sigh.
 



5. the viewers

"Hey, Joshua posted a new vlog today! Did you watch it yet?" a girl asked her friend, who nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah, I have! I didn't expect him to move to Korea!" the other girl replied, and the first girl snorted. "I'm not surprised. Did you see the people he was hanging out with? They're all so freaking gorgeous!"

"Yeah, I thought so too. Do you think they'll feature in more of Joshua's videos? I wouldn't mind watching them more," the other girl said.

"Well, I sure hope they do!" the first girl said, and the two laughed, before switching to another topic.