Unstable

I Can Be Your Hero

 

“Need a hand?” He spoke coolly, as if it was entirely normal to be meeting your best friend in a dark restaurant at nearly midnight. Wonho looked up in surprise, but lacked the energy to respond immediately. However, once he recognized who it was, he let out a sigh of relief that he was not about to be mugged.

“Hyungwon… you scared me…” Wonho stood up to look at him. The difference between them at that moment was stark. Hyungwon stood relaxed in an expensive looking overcoat, looking effortlessly beautiful. He had just dyed his hair dark brown, complimenting his dark eyes, that searched Wonho with patient wonder. Hyungwon, in short, gave off an aura of overwhelming gracefulness. Wonho on the other hand, was completely rigid. His shoulders were tensed up to his ears, his white shirt was blotted with sweat and food stains, and his hair stuck to his eyelids. There was nothing graceful about him. After a short pause, in which Hyungwon studied Wonho, he spoke carefully, still lingering in the doorway.

“Well, as a matter of fact, I’m quite scared for you.” Hyungwon watched as Wonho turned to face him. His hands shaking quietly and the bags under his eyes made him look dark and unapproachable. “You need sleep.” Wonho gave a small nod of agreement.

“I just need to finish this last table.” He started clearing plates, impatiently stacking them, unaware of how slow his reaction time had gotten due to his lack of sleep. He hadn’t even heard the door chime as Hyungwon let the door close behind him. Elegantly, he crossed the length of the room in only a few steps.

“Stop. you’re going to-...” Just as Hyungwon reached out to hold onto Wonho’s arm to stabilize him, his feet slipped out from underneath him, letting the pile of dishes crash to the ground around him.