Chapter end

Pretty U

The first win was a little bit of everything. Shock, happiness, relief and something quite inexplicable, something that none of them could quite name.

If the boys had been a mess onstage, it was ten times worse (or better) when they got backstage. Everyone was crying into someone’s arms. There was a tangled mess of limbs and mumbled ‘We won. We actually won.’ ringing into the air. Seungkwan removed himself from the mess and called his mother, bringing forth another batch of tears. Jihoon couldn’t understand half of what Seungkwan was saying, accent and sniffles jumbling with the words but he could guess what the younger was saying.

 

“Mom says congratulations and that she loves all of us!”Seungkwan announced, sniffling at the end.

“Thank you, eommoni!” the boys replied.

 

Seungkwan’s words were like a trigger and the boys dispersed one by one to call their own families. There was a cacophony of languages in the dressing room and it was only because everyone was so used to this that they could still hold a conversation. Jihoon still thought it was a funny thing to watch though.

 

“Jihoon.”

Jihoon turned his head, smile getting just a bit warmer when he saw who it was. “You look so swollen, Soonyoung.”

Soonyoung snorted wetly, taking a seat beside him. “You should see yourself, Hoonie.”

 

       Jihoon hummed, acknowledging that maybe he was swollen as well. Soonyoung had been crying longer though so he was no doubt more swollen.

 

 For a few moments, it was just quiet. Not literally quiet since everyone was still talking over one another. But it was like the two of them were in the eye of the storm, the quiet haven among the chaos. Jihoon didn’t know how to explain it but even if Soonyoung was possibly the opposite of quiet and peaceful, Jihoon had always found himself calm and at ease in the presence of the other.

 

       Soonyoung let out a quiet sigh, wiggling in his seat before draping himself over Jihoon. The older didn’t do anything after that, just occasionally nuzzling Jihoon’s neck. The composer caught Hansol’s gaze, the younger raising an eyebrow at Soonyoung’s direction, probably worried about the dancer. Jihoon merely shrugged, not knowing why Soonyoung was using him as a human pillow either but he wasn’t complaining. Hansol just smiled at him before Minghao pulled the American lad away, ing the phone to Hansol’s hand. Jihoon had to smile at that as well.

 

“Uh, Soonyoung? Jihoon?” Seungcheol called out.

Jihoon nudged the dancer but Soonyoung didn’t move. “Yes, hyung?”Jihoon answered for the two of them.

“Unit talk.” Seungcheol smiled. “Time to tell our kids how proud we are.”

At this, Soonyoung got up, eyes darting to where the performance unit was. “Hansol really is part of my unit sometimes.” He commented as he saw that Chan, Minghao and Jun were all surrounding Hansol. Soonyoung got up, ruffling Jihoon’s hair. “I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

Jihoon nodded, getting up as well but before he could call out to the vocal unit, Seungcheol placed a hand on his arm. “What is it, hyung?”

“Good job, Jihoon.” Seungcheol said with that proud fatherly smile. Tears immediately began to prick the back of Jihoon’s eyes. “Don’t cry just yet, hoon. I’m pretty sure Seungkwan’s going to be crying again so reserve that for your kids.”

“Okay, hyung.”Jihoon smiled, wiping away some stray tears that had already fallen.

Seungcheol chuckled before turning away. “Hansol Vernon Choi, come to your real father!”

 

 Jihoon laughed at Hansol’s weirded out face, one he seemed to pull out often around his leader, before composing himself. He had his own unit to take care of.

--

Jihoon heaved a sigh as he looked at his reflection. His eyes were so puffy and red after the unit talk. The vocal unit had taken the longest, taking an hour even after they had gotten home. Just like Seungcheol expected, Seungkwan cried again as Jihoon was saying how proud he was. Everyone was sobbing their eyes out after that.

 

“Who’s the swollen one?”

“Still you, obviously.”Jihoon retorted, rolling his eyes when Soonyoung just laughed. “Why are you still up?”

“Like I sleep without you.” Soonyoung scoffed. Jihoon fidgeted as the older stared at him. “Come on. Time to rest, baby.”

 

Jihoon blushed, still not used to Soonyoung calling him that. He quickly grabbed Soonyoung’s outstretched hand. The two of them quietly walked to Jihoon’s room, Soonyoung having unofficially moved in to the other’s room. Wonwoo and Mingyu were still up when they walked in, quietly talking among themselves. The two rappers nodded at them before going back to their own world.

 

“If I hear moans from them later on, we’re going back to my room.” Soonyoung said as they got into the bed, careful not to jostle Hansol.

“Then just go back to your room, Soonyoung.”Wonwoo said, chucking a pillow at them.

“the ?” Hansol mumbled when it him instead.

“Sorry, go back to sleep, Hansollie.”Jihoon said as he removed the pillow from the younger’s face. He turned to Soonyoung, whacking him with the pillow in his hands. “Behave or I’m kicking you out.”

“Sorry, babe. Sorry, Hansol.” Soonyoung smiled sheepishly.

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes, throwing the pillow back to Wonwoo, narrowly missing Minghao’s head. He moved carefully to the wall so he and Soonyoung could fit without disturbing Hansol even more. Soonyoung immediately pulled Jihoon into his arms, the younger letting out a quiet sigh of relief as he buried his face in the crook of Soonyoung’s neck.

 

“Hey, Jihoonie.”Soonyoung whispered.

Jihoon grunted. The tendrils of sleep had been making his way to him already.

“Wake up a bit for me, babe.”Soonyoung said, shaking Jihoon.

“ Soonyoung…”Jihoon grumbled, not really wanting to deal with whatever it was right now. He just wanted to sleep.

“Come on, Jihoon.”Soonyoung whined, shaking the other even more.

Jihoon huffed, turning to face the other way in the hopes of the older stopping.

“Fine.”Jihoon could hear the pout in the other’s voice.

 

Jihoon mentally sighed, promising to make it up to Soonyoung tomorrow. He thought that maybe that was it, maybe Soonyoung would sleep already. But then, the dancer moved forward, pulling Jihoon’s back flushed against his chest. Jihoon’s eyes popped open when Soonyoung kissed the back of his neck. He tensed at the contact but slowly relaxed against the contact when the older continued littering kisses along the column of his neck.

 

“Soonyoung?”Jihoon whispered when the other stopped.

“I am so, so proud of you, baby. The song you worked so hard for won. It got the acknowledgement it deserved. You got the acknowledgement you deserved.”Soonyoung whispered back, voice dropping just a bit lower.

Jihoon froze, an overwhelming emotion choking him up, rendering him speechless and vulnerable.

“I’m not good with words; that’s your thing. But. But I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You’ve always worked so hard for the team and we wouldn’t be where we are without you.” Soonyoung continued on, pulling Jihoon even closer. “Thank you for everything, Jihoon. Thank you for giving us this win.”

 

And that broke the dam. Jihoon turned to Soonyoung, crying at the older’s chest. The others must have woken up then since the light but Soonyoung waved them away, assuring them everything was alright. After several pats on Jihoon`s head, the room was swallowed in darkness again. It was just Jihoon and Soonyoung again.

 

“Sorry. Your shirt is all wet.” Jihoon mumbled after he finished crying. The overwhelmed feeling still remained though.

“It’ll get wet in the laundry anyway.”Soonyoung smiled, using his thumbs to wipe at Jihoon’s eyes. “Finished crying, baby?”

Jihoon nodded. “If my eyes are puffy tomorrow, I’m blaming you.”

“I think you mean later, babe.” Soonyoung smiled before kissing Jihoon’s eyes. “Go sleep now. You must be tired from all that crying.”

“You cried as much as I did, probably even more.”Jihoon said as he closed his eyes.

“Probably.” Soonyoung conceded. “Sleep, Jihoon.”

Jihoon hummed, face heating up as he opened his mouth. “Me too, by the way. Proud of you, I mean.” He mumbled, blushing at his utter failure. Why was it that words were so hard when it came to actual people?

Soonyoung placed his head on top of Jihoon’s, the younger feeling the way the dancer’s lips curve into a smile. “Thanks, Jihoonie. That means a lot to me.”

 

Jihoon smiled, knowing that Soonyoung meant what he said. He wanted to say more but the events of the day were catching up with him and sleep was pulling him down under. Jihoon fell asleep with a soft smile on his lips, peacefully laying in the arms of someone very special to him among the people that he had grown to call as his group mates, his friends and his brothers. 

 

A.N: mehehe im back. i missed writing so here it is. 

(if anyone reading " Fall For You" happens to read this, no, I havent abandoned that fic and yes I am going to update soon <3 )

 

I AM SO SO PROUD OF OUR BOYS. let's give them at least one more win, pleaase!!

 

let me know what you think xx