Inspiration

Holiday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"And those warm socks you bought me on the trip to Jeju?” Seungyoon asks. It's his hundredth question standing in the hall of their house already in the coat.

"Already packed.” Mino grins zipping his big suitcase.” I packed everything.”

“Yeah” Seunyoon thinks. And that was worrying him the most, knowing his husband ability to forgot about most important things. He stands in place uncertain of what to do.

“Trust me.” Mino kisses his temple pushing him gently towards doors. Seungyoon swallows the urge to remind him of how many times he trusted him and things ended badly, but It wasn’t the best time to quarrel as they all agreed to this plan earlier.

Honestly speaking, quarrels weren’t a new thing for them. Their relationship was a rocky road, and they loved it that way. They were always honest with each other and they weren’t scared of sharing their opinions. Some teasing was also a great heater for the night…

It’s just lately they didn’t have time even for that. Instead of discussing things, like they always did (at times with shouts and porcelain breaking), they now were resolving things with quiet nods and automatic movements. Maybe with time the flames dies out? Maybe their relationship were also changing like a photography that’s fading away, but still holds the same picture in it.

“See you in a week.” Mino says leaning for a kiss that last for longer moment. 

They passionately share the last moments before parting their ways Seungyoon’s mind come to the conclusion that not everything is fading. Not when the kisses they share taste like ice and fire. Not when he doesn’t want to let go of those warm arms. But he has to…

“Have a safe trip.” Mino closes the door of the taxi after Seungyoon gets in.  

“If anything happens, call me right away.” Seungyoon asks with visible concern. It was his first time in ages having his time alone and suddenly it didn’t seem like best idea at all.

“Of course. Now baby, enjoy your time. We will wait for you.” Mino squeezes his cheeks as he always loves to do and steps away from the car.

“I will call you when I land. I love you.” Seungyoon confesses quickly as car starts moving.

“I love you.” Mino screams after him and Seungyoon smiles warmly. Easily before his eyes form pictures of their dating period. How many times they were setting everything on fire, but always manage to scream those words to each other? Countless. How many times they run away from each other? Just enough to always find the way back.

He looks at Mino’s waving figure until it disappears completely. As he gets closer to the airport he just stares out the window, but nothing really catches his attention. He feels his heart getting heavier and heavier as if it can’t be lifted without Mino’s and Jei’s presence. Why does he even need to go?

He sighs, he needed it. As much as he loved Mino for the five years of their marriage, he was always overworking himself and never had time for himself. When they decided to adopt their daughter, Jei, he was the one who decided to quit his work, or rather put it on hold, and stay at home to take care of their family.

It wasn’t that hard of a decision since he was a writer. He could always work from home, or that was what he thought until the kid came to their house.  It changed everything. It was the best change in their lives, but it also came with sleepless nights, mountains of flus, diapers and things he never expected.

 But in the daily care of creating the best home for her and Mino he lost his writing passion. He lost that part of himself, and he would sacrifice it easily for their smiles. However, Mino had different opinion on the matter.

“Did you write something?” Mino asked as he was staring at Jei’s little figure sleeping on the couch at one of the Sunday afternoons. He ruffled her hair gently as if she was the most precious thing in the world. And she was.

“I didn’t have time.” Seungyoon cuts the conversation short by placing himself on the couch next to Mino. He puts his head in Mino’s chest feeling his hand caressing his hair as he just did with Jei’s. He felt his heart filling with warmness.     

Mino nods slowly.

“You should take a break.” He offers after some time.

“What break?” Seungyoon asks already half asleep.

“From us. I mean, we both agreed for you to stay at home and putting on hiatus your work…” Mino states with his deep, soft voice that soothed Seungyoon so many times yet now it’s more alarming. ”But, it was three years ago and you haven’t written one word.”

“It’s better as it is.”

“The Kang Seungyoon I know was a crazy talented writer that could go days without eating, but not a second without creating story in his mind. I know you want to make everything perfect for us… for Jei…” Seungyoon started to open his mouth.

“Let me finish…” Mino covered his lips with his palm staring lovingly in his eyes.” You’re a perfectionist… but let it not be perfect. Our life I mean. We will have some troubles as you will be working again, but nothing we can't face.”

It was true. Jei was older now, in few months she will be joining kindergarten. He has all opportunities to come back to his lifestyle from before.

“But I don’t have it in me Mino.” Seungyoon confesses putting his hand away. “I’m tired and I’m…” He looks away as sharing his inner struggles were never easy for him.

He was proud to endure everything silently, on his own, still this man in front of him was waiting for his walls to disappear again and again. He took a deep breathe. “I’m afraid I lost my gift. Words are not coming to me, I have no inspiration, no idea. I might never be able to write anything.”

“I refused to believe that.” Mino cupped his face wiping off his tears with thumbs. “You just need to catch a break. Like in the old times you were escaping from me to different cities to see more, experience more. Let’s do it again.”

“You’re crazy? We’re having a child!  I can’t leave her here!” Seungyoon shook his head in disbelief.

“I will stay with her. We will wait for you.”

 

 

 

 

Of course he liked that small trips he used to take. He always explained them to Mino they were his way of finding inspiration, discovering new places, meeting people. They were his source of taking new inspiration directions.

And with that they started the preparations for his so called writing vacation. Firstly, he was unsure about all this idea, next he was kind of excited as he was coming back to his roots, but now as he was away he wasn’t sure about that…

“Finishing?” the waitress approached his table. She smiled politely waiting for the answer. Seungyoon looked at the plate with still unfinished food. Not like he had any appetite to begin with.

“I will. I would go to hell If I wouldn’t eat leftovers, right?” 

The waitress stared at him with a blank expression. He laughed at his own silliness. He was always punching Mino when he was saying nonsense during their family dinners, yet he’s here saying it himself to make it feel like they’re here with him. Like they were always eating together. Just like yesterday.

 

 

Seungyoon prepared the breakfast for the last time before his trip.

“Mino breakfast is ready! Take Jei with you!” He called out to Mino who was watching some cartoon on the TV with Jei in the living room.

 Since there was no response from Mino, he went to the living room to peek at his husband and daughter, then he sighed because Mino was giggling more than Jei while watching cartoon. Seungyoon slapped the back of Mino’s head lightly.

“Breakfast Mino! I said that breakfast is ready!” He nagged as always taking Jei in his arms.

A few minutes later while they were having breakfast, Seungyoon stopped eating because he gazed upon on Mino, who was feeding Jei with some weird voices to make her laugh and wiping after every spoon gently. Seungyoon couldn’t help but a warm smile spread on his face. 'Its such a beautiful moment' he thought. Then suddenly his worries about leaving them alone here and go for a trip rose up again. Since he knew Mino so well, knowing how childish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter