Slip

Coda
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

,Chapter Three: Slip

H Y E S O O ‘S  P O V

 

Hyesoo,

I am not sure of when, or if you will ever read this. But I felt the need to write this for you, even leave this in your room. Don’t hate me that I still get in your apartment. I make sure it’s clean, and maybe one day you’ll come back. Aside from that, writing to you has become a habit. You don’t know how many letters I have written for you, but this one will definitely sum up everything.

I miss you so much, Soo.

I miss the girl who saved me from my own plan of dying—a thing I did out of a thought that it would give my mind bliss and ease. I miss the girl whom at first I admittedly denied feelings to, because I thought I could never trust anyone ever again. You made me learn that everyone deserves second chances—not only for the people who once hurt you, but also a second chance to redeem myself.

I once broke your heart and broke your trust but a second chance was laid out for us. In this we were given the toughest choices and decisions for us to choose. You decided to leave, again. You thought it was the best for everyone.

But I wasn’t a part of that ‘everyone.’ I am the only one who suffers your disappearance. I am the only one who hurt so badly. Every time, it has always been unfair for the two of us.

Though hurting, I did my best to do what you asked me. I am doing well, Hyesoo. Are you? My father and I are in good terms, though I already live separately from him, and I took mom with me! She misses you so much, too.

Our friends are doing exactly well. Can you imagine the cat and dog Namjoon and Inhye are getting married before the perfect couple Taehyung and Eunmi would? Well, it did happen, it’s happening on July this year. Jimin is in Busan for a year now, but he visits Seoul from time to time to meet us. When will you?

I bet, that you yourself is living pretty well. Maybe working as an author or a journalist for your favorite news company?

Please come back, I couldn’t think of any more to write but please, come back. Everyone needs you, and I need you. Nothing could ever come between us now, I promise.

I still love you, Hyesoo. I love you more than you could ever know. Come back to me, let’s get ourselves the  happy ending we deserved.

 

Arriving in my old apartment that has given me so much to remember, I went straight to my room to put my things. Everything still looked in ta and clean, like someone has been getting in this place—and I wasn’t wrong. Looking at my closet, I found a letter together with my accessories, Jungkook’s little gifts and the necklace that he has given me years ago. While reading the letter, I felt as if I was reading this with Jungkook’s voice in my head. I don’t know when he placed this, but I am sure that one of these days he will just get in this apartment and see me and he’ll be surprised, if I still hadn’t gotten the chance to show muself to them.

“This is a nice pad, Soo.” Kangjun complimented as I got out of my room and saw him sitting on the couch. “Though you don’t have a television, and internet connection!”

I laughed as I walked towards the couch and sit beside him, “I wasn’t here for a long time, why would I put internet connection and a television?”

“Well, it’s good that I pointed that out right?” Kangjun laughed, “I’m a teenager and very dependent on the internet.”

“I brought my WiFi egg, it’s in my room.” I told him. “I’ll go get it so that this teenager won’t whine anymore.”

He laughed at me as he placed a hand on my lap. “I was kidding okay? Don’t leave, let’s take a rest for awhile.”

We were quiet for a while as Kangjun stood up to look at the photos rayed on the table in the living room, “Jungkook and you must be a very lovely couple. All these pictures of you are so alive.”

“What? Am I not alive to you?” I chuckled.

He turned to me and grinned, “No. It’s just that you looked gloomy most of the time. Glad I can make you smile often.”

I gave him a weird look. Kangjun is never the mushy type, but when he does, it would always weird the two of us out. Kangjun is always the serious type, and never the sweet type. He once told me that he hates acting sweet and mushy towards someone, because that wasn’t just him, he never do that to Hyomin too. However, he have his own way of showing the people he loves how he cares for them, just not the sweet glad I can make you smile often type.

“By the way, are you going anywhere tonight?” Kangjun asked as he turned and check the entrance of the kitchen. “Are you even contacting your friends?”

“I will tomorrow, I just don’t feel like now’s the right time.” I told him. “Yesterday I accidentally sent a message on our group chat.”

“Oh, klutz.” He smirked at me. “Anyway, if you don’t have anywhere to go, then be my date for tonight.”

“Date? Why? Are you going to get married off to someone and you need someone to save you?”

“What? No.” He laughed hilariously as I followed him inside the kitchen. “My employer’s daughter is going to get engaged, there is this after party, and he wants me to come, bring a date if I want to, and I thought about you.”

“And, what am I going to do there?” I asked him as I leaned on the kitchen counter.

“I don’t know,” he went to check the fridge, which was empty and turned off. He scrunched his nose at the awful smell of the fridge, since it was stayed like that for a long time. “What are you going to do here in your apartment without a television and just a WiFi egg? You aren’t the Internet kid type, as far as I know.” He wiggled his eyebrows as he sat on the chair at the kitchen counter. “Don’t worry, my employer’s quite rich, he makes lavish and grand parties, lots of food.”

“You really know how to get me, Seo Kangjun.” I grinned. “Fine, then. I don’t have anything to wear, let’s go to Happy Endings.”

“Happy Endings?” He asked.

“Yep, it’s a dress shop. Let’s go!”

---

“Welcome—oh, you’re back!” Hyeji greeted as Kangjun and I entered the dress shop. I smiled at her and pulled Kangjun towards the racks of dresses. Hyeji followed us, and she asked, “Ma’am, have you decided with the dress you’ll be buying? Are you still going for the ghost bride?”

“Ghost bride?” Kangjun repeated. I grinned at him as I said, “I was here yesterday.” I pulled a pink dress from the racks and showed it to him, “Would pink look good on me?”

“I think you should try blue.” He said, placing a hand on his chin, as if trying to imagine me wearing a blue dress. “Or a yellow? The pastel yellow, kay?”

“We have a pastel yellow dress over here!” Hyeji beamed as she lead us through the color coded racks. We arrived in front of the yellow dresses rack and I started to rummage through the clothes. Kangjun was on the other side of the rack and looked for dress for me to try on, too. Having a little sister, Kangjun is used with going to this kind of places, a lot of time it was him who buys clothes for his sister since their parents aren’t around all the time. A little while later, Kangjun flashed me a dress, it was a sleeveless, turtle neck like kind of pastel yellow dress, whose skirt is a balloon skirt. “You should buy this.”

“Aren’t you even going to make me try it on?” I asked him, pulling the dress away from him and head to the fitting room.

A few minutes later, I went out the fitting room wearing the dress he picked for me. He was still looking for dresses so I called his attention. “Kangjun! Should I pick another one or…”

He turned to me and smiled. Walking towards me, he showed me a thumbs up and said, “I knew that dress would look good on you.”

“Any pretty dress would look good on me.” I told him with a duh tone. He laughed, pushing me again inside the fitting room to change. Just like that, I got myself a dress for a party I didn’t really plan to go to in the first place.

I went straight to the cashier where Hyeji was waiting, Kangjun was behind me still looking around the shop. “This dress

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter