Taehyung

Blinded By Love

Jungkook gave me a fist pump and got out of his seat. I sat in my seat trying to listen to their conversation. It's pretty hard to ease drop when everyone is laughing and talking loudly. I heard someone shuffle back into the seat next to me. "Jungkook?", I turned to the person. They didn't answer, and suddenly grabbed my hands. "Byul, she said yes!", he squeezed my hands. "O-oh, congratulations Jungkook.", I said faking a smile. What was I hoping for? That she'd say no to Jungkook? "Thank you Byul! I wouldn't have the courage unless you told me to go for it!", he said happily letting go of my hands. I put my hand on his back and gave him a pat. Class went on, I listened and Jungkook helped me take my notes like always. When class ended, I took out my walking stick and waited for Jungkook to finish packing up. "Hey Jungkook", I heard a girl say. "H-hi Soomin!", I can hear Jungkook respond nervously. "Want to eat together?", she asked him. "Sure, is it okay if we eat together with Byul?", he asked. Soomin hesitantly answered, "Sure." I don't know Soomin well, but I can tell she might not be too fond of me. "No it's okay Jungkook, you guys enjoy lunch together.", I said. "You sure Byul?", he asked me. I nodded and heard them leave the classroom. I tapped my walking stick out of class and into the cafeteria. Usually Jungkook would help me get my food, but he was probably enjoying his lunch time with Soomin. "Hey, you need my help?", I hear someone with a deep voice ask. "Yes please.", I say. "My name is Taehyung, I have you in my English class.", he introduced himself. Taehyung...English...Ah, Kim Taehyung! I turned to him, "Yes, I know now, hello Taehyung." "Here, sit here, I'll bring your food.", he said guiding me to a table. I waited at the table and thought about Jungkook. Ay~ I told him to go for it, what's the point of thinking about it now. I sigh and tap my fingers on the table. "Here's your food.", I hear Taehyung come back. He placed my tray of food on the table and sits down across from me. "Thank you, but you don't have to sit with me.", I said picking up the spoon. "It's okay, I want to sit here today.", he said and started to eat. "Okay then, thanks Taehyung.", I said guiding my hands to the rice. I took a spoonful and ate some rice with a piece of kimchi. "Oh you have something right here.", he said and I felt him take a grain of rice off near my lip. "O-oh thank you.", I stuttered. "No problem.", he replied casually. "Is your friend Jungkook dating Soomin now?", he suddenly asked. I nodded, "How do you know?" "Well I usually see him eat with you, but today he is over there eating with Soomin.", he said. "Yeah, he asked her out today.", I replied. He nodded, "And how do you feel about that?" "What?" "How do feel about him dating her. You like Jungkook right?", he asked. I coughed on my food and reached for water. "I guess that's a yes.", he said. "What do you mean?", I asked him. Am I that obvious? "Well I can tell that you aren't too happy that Jungkook is with Soomin, and the way you treat Jungkook, it seems like you have feelings for him too.", he replied. I listened to him and put my spoon down. "It's a small crush, I'll get over it.", I said . "So you don't want to date him?", he asked. "No, Taehyung, he's with Soomin now.", I said. "How about I help you get him back?", he asked. "What?" "You like Jungkook, and I like Soomin so why don't we work together to get the one we like back?", he said. "Taehyung is that why you helped me today? You must be crazy, this isn't a drama.", I said. "Come on, you can have your Jungkook back!", he pleaded. For some reason I hesitated, "No, no, that's crazy." "Please, at least for a week. If they don't break up in a week, then forget the whole deal.", he said. "What, what exactly is your plan?", I sighed. "Okay, so I know it sounds crazy but, we pretend to date for a week, and try to make them jealous and break up with each other.", he said. "Really? Taehyung th-", I was saying but got cut off. "Just for a week! Please Byul!", he said taking my hands. "Aish Taehyung...just for a week.", I quietly said. "Thank you Byul!", he yelled out of excitement. Sigh... I, Jang Byul, must be blinded by love.