C h a p t e r 2 F i n a l

Once A Lonely Girl *Two-Shots*

 

“T-TaeMin~shi!” I heard you call me.  I turned a corner from my neighborhood and I suddenly heard you.  I turned around to see you looking excited.  I waved and waited for to come.  ”Hi,” you greeted once you stood in front of me.  I chuckled.

“You know, you can call me just TaeMin or oppa.  I think I’ll like oppa,” I told her.

“O-Oppa?” you asked shyly.  I nodded.

“Yeah.”

“O-Okay, b-but please give me time calling you oppa.  I-I never really called someone oppa.  I’m usually formal.”

“Don’t worry about it.  C’mon, let’s head to school.”

This is our first time walking to school together.  I really like it.  Now I get to see you in the morning rather than during lunch or sometimes after school.

“Tae-Oppa,” she called.  I responded with a ‘hmm?’.  “S-Sorry, I-I just wanted to say oppa.”  I smiled.

“Don’t worry about it.”  We were already inside the building and knowing where our classes are, it’s where we separate.  We faced each other.  ”So, I’ll see you at lunch?”  You nodded.

“Bye, oppa.”

“See yeah.”

I walked to class with a smile.  Hearing her call me oppa sounds beautiful coming out from her.

“Ah, look who’s smiling!” I heard JongHyun hyung sing.  I looked at them and just smiled.

“So, what did _______ do to make you smile?” MinHo simply asked.

“She called me oppa.  It was always TaeMin~shi, so it felt nice when she called me oppa,” I answered.

“Awww, our TaeMinnie is in love,” JongHyun cooed.  TaeMin blushed.

“I-I always did,” he confessed.  The two looked at him and smiled.

“Then, ask her out!” JongHyun exclaimed.  TaeMin shook his head.  ”And why not?  Scared?”  He shook his head again.

”_______ has been alone for all of her life.  Her appa left, her umma works so much, and she’s an only child, and top of all of that, she’s pretty weak physically.  She’s really shy and not too confident.  I don’t want to freak her out.  I mean, she seemed uncomfortable to call me oppa, also,” TaeMin answered.  The guys nodded in agreement.

“Still, you should try,” JongHyun said.

“But slowly,” MinHo added.  ”But, not too slow.  Well, at least at her pace.”  TaeMin nodded.

TaeMin smiled when he saw you outside for lunch.  Yet, he sighed.  ‘She should really eat inside, not outside,’ he thought.  You heard footsteps and smiled, knowing it was TaeMin.

“Hi, oppa,” you said softly.  TaeMin smiled and sat down next to you.

”_______, let’s eat inside with the others.  It’s really cold and I don’t want you to get sick,” he said worriedly.  You looked at his concerned face and nodded.  You stood up and walked side by side with him inside the cafeteria.

“Thank you, TaeMin oppa,” you softly said.  He looked at you confused.  You smiled.  ”Thank you.”  TaeMin only smiled.

“So, what are you thanking me for?” he asked curiously.  You giggled.

“I’ve always been so lonely.  And then you came into my life,” you answered happily.  ”I’m thinking ‘Wow, so this is how it’s like to have a friend.  And he’s letting me call him oppa!’  It’s really cool.”  TaeMin chuckled and as if he has always done it, he put his arm around you.

“Well, I’m really happy that I met you,” he said.  You blushed and smiled.

“You don’t find me boring?”

“I find you interesting and fun.”  You smiled again.

“Awww, look at the two cute love birds!” JongHyun hollered.  You and TaeMin blushed and sat down in front of him and MinHo.  ”Don’t be so flustered you guys.  Hey, we should all go ice skating tonight.”

“I-Ice skating?” you asked.  JongHyun nodded.  ”Okay, I’ll go.  TaeMin oppa, MinHo oppa will you two go?”

“Of course we are,” MinHo answered.

____________________________________________

“Yah, you should had mentioned that you never ice skated before!” JongHyun exclaimed.

“M-M-Mianhe,” you mumbled.  TaeMin frowned.

“Hyung, don’t worry.  You and MinHo skate around, I’ll teach her,” TaeMin offered.  JongHyun and MinHo looked at each other and easily agreed.

“Have fun!” they said and headed to the ice rink.  TaeMin turned to you and smiled.  He knelt down on the floor to your height.

“Put your foot out.  I’ll tie it for you,” he said.  You nodded and smiled.

“Thank you, oppa.”

“No problem.”  It was then silent.  You watched TaeMin carefully tying your rentedice skating shoes.  When he’s nearly done, he would ask you if it’s too tight, loose, or just right.  ”When we get on to the ice, just hold my hand.”  You nodded in response and allowed TaeMin to help you up.  He held your hand along the way, making you blush.  He turned to you once you were at the rink.  ”Ready?”

“Yeah,” you answered.  TaeMin smiled and went on the ice.  He held out his hand for you to take.  You smiled and happily accepted it and went on the ice.  ”Whoa, this feels pretty cool.”

“It does, huh?  Okay, don’t let go of my hand.  I’ll lead you around.”

“Don’t go too fast, too, oppa.”

“You got it, princess.”  You blushed at the little nickname given to you.  You held TaeMin’s hand with both of your hands, scared that you might slip and fall.  TaeMin smiled and blushed, feeling your hands around his.  ”_______~ah, don’t worry.  I’ll be here to catch you when you fall.”

“S-Sorry,” you mumbled and loosened your grip.  TaeMin chuckled.

“Ah~ don’t worry about it.  Wanna try it on your own?” he asked.  You nodded.  ”Okay.”  He stopped skating and stood in front of you.  ”Now, it’s almost like walking…in a way, but your feet somewhat moves outward and the toe pick makes it easier to move (A/N: Is this right?  I only ice skated like twice in my life ><).”  You nodded and attempted to do what he instructed.  You smiled when you somewhat got it.

“Oppa!  I moved!” you said excitedly.  TaeMin laughed and nodded.  He then skated a little farther from you.

“Try to skate up to here!” he said.  You nodded and slowly did.

“W-Whoa~!” you would yelp, feeling off balanced.  Whenever you did, TaeMin reacted, but smiled in relief that you didn’t fall.  ”Ah~!”  You then fell.  TaeMin’s eyes widened and he quickly skated up to you to help you up.

“Ah~ I’m sorry I didn’t catch you on time,” you apologized.  You just laughed and shook your head.

“That…That was really fun and funny,” you said as you laughed.  TaeMin laughed along.  Soon, JongHyun and MinHo went up to you two.

“Hey, you alright?” MinHo asked.

“I’m okay,” you said, calming down from your laugh.  The two sighed.

“That’s good.  Good job on attempting to skate, though,” JongHyun complimented.

“Thank you, JongHyun~shi…”

“Oppa.  Call MinHo oppa also.”  You nodded.

“Okay, oppas,” you said happily and turned to TaeMin.  ”Let’s skate.”

After skating, the four of you went out to a cafe for some hot chocolate.

“Are you sure your ankle is alright?” TaeMin asked for umpteenth time.  You smiled and nodded.

“My ankle is fine, oppa.  It’s not going to kill me,” you said.

“Yeah TaeMin.  Lighten up,” JongHyun said as he put his arm around his shoulders.  TaeMin nodded and took a sip of his hot chocolate.  You looked at your phone and saw the time.

“Ah, I-I need to head home.  I don’t want my umma to worry,” you said as you stood up.  TaeMin did the same and put on his coat.

“Let me walk you home,” he offered.

“A-Ah, no.  It’s…”

”_______~ah, let him walk you home,” MinHo said.  ”We don’t want anything to happen to you late at night.”  You easily agreed, knowing that it’s impossible to win.  You and TaeMin bid your bye’s and left the cafe.

“So…did you have tonight?” TaeMin asked.  You smiled and nodded.

“I had loads of fun, oppa,” you answered.

“That’s good.”  The rest of the walk was then silent, but it wasn’t at all an awkward silent.  You two liked it.  Just being together in the calm and peaceful night alone.  You then stopped.

“Well, here I am,” you said.  TaeMin nodded and walked you to your front door.  ”Thank you, oppa.”  TaeMin smiled.

“No problem, princess,” he said. and leaned in to kiss your cheek.  Both of your eyes widened and you two turned away, blushing madly.  ”W-Well, I-I’ll see you Monday?”  You nodded.

“Yeah, I’ll see you Monday,” you nervously said.

“I’m sorry,” TaeMin suddenly said.  You looked up at him confused.  ”I-I didn’t mean to kiss you on the cheek in surprise.  I…”

“It’s okay,” you said, cutting him off.  You smiled and looked up at him, not caring about your blushing face.  ”I don’t mind.”  TaeMin sighed in relief.

“Good because I thought you would hate me.  I mean, I really like you and I would hate it if you hated…I…I…oh goodness.”

“You like me?” you asked.  TaeMin only managed to nod which made you smile and feel like the happiest girl alive now.

“I…I like you, t-too.”  TaeMin’s eyes widened as his attention turned to you.  ”I really do.  I never liked someone before until you came.”

“I never liked anyone, too until I saw you.”  TaeMin walked closer to you and was going to lean in for a kiss.  ”Am I making you uncomfortable?”  You shook your head, allowing him to kiss you.  It only lasted for about a few seconds until the door suddenly opened, causing you two to abruptly pull away.  Both of you were extremely flustered.

“Aw, _______, why didn’t you tell me about your boyfriend?!” your umma squealed.  She happily faced TaeMin.  ”Hello, I’m _______’s mother.  And you are?”  TaeMin bowed.

“Hello, my name is Lee TaeMin,” he said quickly and nervously.  You covered your face with your hands in embarrassment.  ‘Umma, why?’ you thought.  Your umma smiled.

“Ah, _______, I like him a lot.  Well, time to say your good nights you two, love birds.  _______, remember, you have community service tomorrow morning.  I don’t want you to be tired,” she said.  You only nodded and your umma walked back inside.  It was silent until TaeMin broke the silence.

“I like your umma,” he said.  You smiled.  ”Well, where’s your community service?”

“You know the hospital near our school?” you asked.  TaeMin nodded.  ”That’s where I go.”  TaeMin nodded and smiled.  He leaned in to kiss your cheek before leaving.

“I’ll see you tomorrow morning, _______.  Good night,” he said.  TaeMin’s words sunk in and you immediately smiled.

“Good night, oppa!”