C h a p t e r 1

Once A Lonely Girl *Two-Shots*

 

 

I never really saw her around school before.  But then again, I never really walk by this part of the school either.  Is she new, or not?  I’m so curious.  I just decided to walk right up to her.

“Hi,” I simply said.  She looked up at me really shy.  I giggled to myself.  She is really cute.

“H-Hi,” she shyly responded.  I smiled and sat down next to her.  She slowly started to eat the piece of bread that she was eating.

“I’m sorry if this sounds a little rude, but…are you new here?” I asked.  Oh goodness I sound like an idiot.

“I’m not new,” she answered.  I turned red.  ”B-But it’s okay.  Not a lot of people knew I go here.  I-I was absent for a while, so I’m catching up on school work and stuff.”

“Oh, why were you absent?” I asked.

“I got really sick, and since I’m recovered, I need to catch up with the rest of the work I missed,” you answered.  I nodded and bit into my sandwich.  I turned to her with a smile.

“I’m Lee TaeMin.  You?” I asked cheerfully.  You looked at me with a daze but soon smiled.  Your smile just really made my heart melt.

“Kim _______.”  I smiled and you smiled back.  Something about you just makes things around me brighter.  And right now, all I know is, I want to know you more.

_____________________________________________________

“Hey TaeMin, you gonna eat with us for lunch?” MinHo asked.  It has been about a month since I first _______.

“No, go on without me guys,” I answered and quickly walked outside.  I frowned since it was really cold.  Hopefully you weren’t outside.  You told me how weak you can be.  I don’t want you to be sick.  My eyes widened once I saw you outside eating like every other day.  ”_______~ah!”  You suddenly looked up and smiled.  I smiled back and walked closer towards you.  ”C’mon, let’s eat inside.  It’s too cold out.”

“I like it outside,” you simply answered.  I sighed.  I didn’t want you to be upset or anything, so I’ll just let it go.  I sat down by you like always, but closer than the first time we met.  ”Don’t you eat with your friends?”  I swallowed the sandwich that I started eating before answering.

“They can eat without me,” I answered.

“Don’t pity me, TaeMin~shi,” you suddenly say.  I looked at you in shock.  You started trembling as if you’re going to cry.

“But, I don’t,” I softly responded.

“Then why are you always with me?  Since the first day we met, you started to come here and hang out when you have other friends that you would rather be with,” you replied.

“Because…”  Ah~ how do I say this?  I feel nervous.  ”Because, I like being around you,” I answered shyly.  You gasped softly once I answered.

“R-Really?”  I faced you and smiled as I nodded.

“Really.”  You seem as if you’re the happiest girl in the world now.  I smiled knowing that I made you real happy.  You’re such a pabo for being outside with a thick sweater or jacket.  I carefully took my scarf off and placed it around you.  You looked at me confused.  ”I don’t want you to get sick.  Don’t worry about me, though.  I’m so immune to the cold.”

“Thank you, TaeMin~shi,” you responded.  ”When’s your birthday?”  It a sudden question.  We never really asked about ourselves.  Usually, it’s quiet and I say the first words and a few questions here and there.

“July 18,” I simply answered.  I saw a little pout.  ”Why pout?”

“I was hoping to give you something for your birthday, that’s all.”  I chuckled and nodded.

“When’s your birthday?”

“December 13.”

“Oh, it’s coming up!”  You only nodded.  ”Keep that day free then.  Let’s spend you birthday together.”  You brightened up a lot once I mentioned it.

“Promise,” you said and stuck your pinky out.  I nodded and laced my pinky around yours.

“Promise.”  I felt as if everything around me disappeared and all I see is you.  Your sweet smile and soft brown eyes.  You make me feel different in such an amazing way.  ”Are you free today?”  You nodded.  ”Wanna hang out right after school?”

“I’d…”

“Yo!  TaeMin!” a voice said.  Soon, someone laughed after.

“Haha!  Found him!”  TaeMin turned to see MinHo and JongHyun walking towards them.  The guy’s attention soon turned towards you.  They smiled.  ”Ah~, no wonder you never eat with us.  You spend time with your girlfriend.  Aish, you never even told us you found a girl.”

“Ah, she-she’s my friend hyung,” TaeMin said as his face slightly flushed.  You looked at TaeMin and then at the two strangers.  The tall guy looked at you with a friendly smile.

“Hey, I’m Choi MinHo.  This short guy here is Kim JongHyun,” he introduced himself and JongHyun.

“Yup, that’s…yah!” JongHyun yelled.  You giggled at the two.  TaeMin looked at you with a soft smile.  JongHyun and MinHo looked at you, too.  JongHyun then sat down next to you and smirked.  ”So, a pinky promise?”  You and TaeMin turned to the laced pinkies.  You two suddenly pulled away and blushed, facing away from each other.  You quietly gasped when you felt a hand on your head.  You realized it was MinHo.

“You two are cute.  So, what’s your name?” he asked.  You looked up at MinHo with a smile.

“Kim _______.”

“Kim _______.  I never saw you around,” MinHo said.

“I was really sick, and rarely in school,” you answered.  The two looked at you gently.  ”A-Ah, please don’t worry about me or anything.  I…”  MinHo gently ruffled your hair.

“You’re TaeMin’s friend.  We’ll worry, too.”  You looked at him and then at JongHyun who smiled gently to you.  You then turned to TaeMin and smiled.  JongHyun yawned loudly and leaned back a little with his arms crossed at the back of his head.

“I think this is going to become a new beautiful friendship with us four,” he said.  You and MinHo nodded in agreement.  ‘I think so, too,’ TaeMin thought.