1

Phobia Town

 

Continued from the foreword ...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

∞ Kim Jonghyun ∞ 

"And so he said that his name was Nam Woohyun"

I placed my mug down onto the table and smirked.

"As in 'tree'?"

"Funny. And speaking of 'funny', did it ever strike you that he dressed funnily?"

"The kid wants to play doctor, let him" I shrugged, my eyes darting from Kibum's face to the flickering wide screen and back to his face again. He was sprawled out comfortably on the student's lounge couch, a textbook open and resting on his chest, a frown on his lips. I sighed. His way of looking at things made everything so suspicious like he was some sort of detective. A suspicious one. He closed his open mouth and then opened it again after a thoughtful pause, all stress replaced with a sheet of curiosity. 

"No, he doesn't want to play doctor, there's something wrong with him ... I mean, the way he dresses" he sat up straight and hauled his laptop onto his lap, slipping on his glasses. 

"You think just because he dresses funnily there's something wrong with him?," I raised my eyebrows. "That's a little harsh ... or more towards the idea of hypocritical. Aren't you the one that always tells us not to judge someone by their outer appearance?"

"Let me think" 

"Why don't you go and stack ice cubes?"

"What?" he looked up for a brief second before going back to tapping rapidly on his keyboard.

"That's what L in Death Note did. And he's smarter than everyone else in the book"

"Three reasons why I won't do that"

"Name them"

"One. That's fiction. Two. It was sugar cubes, not ice cubes. Three. In my opinion, he wasn't the smartest. Nate probably was"

"Who's Nate?"

"Near's real name"

So he really does pay attention to things ... or maybe I just don't pay enough. 

"Anyway, about you, who did you get?" he changed the topic.

"Huh? Some kid with photographic memory. I didn't see what was so suspicious about him" I picked up my mug and took a sip before putting it down again.

"You never see anything suspicious" Kibum snorted, his tapping put to a halt, waiting for results. 

"I see you. And besides Mr. Detective. If you're so good, how come you're still stuck with me?" I challenged.

He looked up startled. A roll of emotions ran through his face. Shock. Worry. Anger. And then calm.

"A minor problem. But I'm going to focus a lot more than before"

"It's a minor problem that a genius like you didn't get into the major team?" I didn't try to disguise my amused tone. 

"Bacteriophobia"

"What?" again, he had caught me off guard.

"Bacteriophobia" he repeated. "Nam Woohyun has Bacteriophobia" 

I fiddled around nervously with my spoon, which had been previously stirring the contents in my mug. “As in he’s scared of bacteria? A neat freak? A neat crazy dude?”

“He wears gloves all the time?”

“Why are you asking me? You’re the one that’s supposed to be busy cleaning his record” I held up two hands and dropped the spoon in my defense. Sure, maybe I did enjoy watching Kibum crack down on others like a real deal detective, but I was just not in the mood to answer any detective questions.

“You’ve seen him longer”

Five seconds passed. I scanned his hopeful eyes. Ok. Whatever, so he wants to play twenty questions, I don’t care. Let’s just get this over with.

“Ok yeah so he wears gloves all the time. But never to sleep or in the shower. He personally washes it every hour. But he washes his hands first. And then after he’s cleaned the gloves, he washes his hands again to make sure what was previously on the glove doesn’t go onto his cleaned hands. So maybe he’s a neat freak. But I’ve met plenty like that. It doesn’t mean he has Bacteriophobia. I mean, that’s a whole new level of looking at it”

Ok … maybe I can start to see why Kibum enjoys playing this sort of game … it’s a little amusing.

“Does he avoid contact with others?”

“Uhm … I guess you could say he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. He has his exceptions that no one really understands. Like he can stand next to one person but not stand to the next. He chooses whom he comes in contact with. But mainly he gets out of control … but I don’t count this situation as autism because he’s not the type that gets emotionally down and does all … well those problems that autistic people have. Like going crazy or not understanding sarcasm …”

“Well … “ Kibum suddenly stood up and let the book drop to the floor. “Well, we have a newbie coming in soon … can you do all the explaining for me? I’m going to check up on Woohyun in case he wandered off somewhere again”

The door clicked shut and his footsteps pattered away down the halls.

I stared at the book that he left on the floor. Science Textbook. Probably stolen off a student. This was a student lounge after all …

“Kim Kibum … I don’t know what sort of business got you in trouble last time … but you better not play that sort of thing here … “ I sighed, walking over and bending down to pick up the book.

Best to return it to the student who owned it. And best to get it off the floor before Woohyun came in suddenly and screeched at the sight of a book lying flat open on the dirty rug. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yo :3 So it's 10.29 PM here in Melbourne and yeah I didn't edit this so sorry for mistakes ... :) ish for my first chappie right? Aw well, if you're feeling disappointed now, Chrissy Dear, UNSUBSCRIBE :3 And simplymissinyou, did you like it? Our small family in 'Phobia Town' may only include all three of us, but yeah ^_^ Oops ... you're unsubscribing now right ? -.- Eh well hoped you enjoyed this little crap chappie ^_^

-bunny66