Final Chapter 2/2

Colours and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I honestly thought the first year was bad but then Kai ended up being student council president and everything went downhill from the already low point of my life. 

I wonder what is lower than hell?

I didn't even try to defend myself and as much as Jimin tries to show up at school, he keeps feeling like he would faint anytime soon and have to go home early. Leaving me defenceless if Kai comes and pulls me to the school's abandoned backyard.

Maybe it wasn't that bad, now that it's an actual routine and me kind of knowing what is going to happen next. If Jimin was in school, he would send me back home, making sure that Kai wasn't around to murder me. If Jimin wasn't around, Kai would drag me in some secluded place in the school and beat me up. When I get back home, my mother would shake her head in disappointment as she sees new injuries popping out.

I sat down in class, taking out my homework from my bag only to realise it was doodled and there was nothing I could do about it. Jimin wasn't my classmate this year and it just made me even more lonely because if this was last year, Jimin would hug me and say that the harmful words did not mean anything and that his encouraging words were all that I needed to hear.

Now that I don't have a Jimin to comfort my rotting soul, I really wanted to just never come to school. Then again, my mother would force me to go to school by literally dragging me to school. Dad would quietly watch my mother be a superwoman at the side with sorry eyes and a helpless state. Yoongi always patched me up when I came home with new injuries and often sighed when I avoided any contact with his desk mirror. He kept telling me it was stupid of me to keep avoiding my reflection only to calm my sobbing self because I thought he was insulting me like everyone else.

 

"Jungkook, you ing son of a !" My homeroom teacher screamed at me as he threw a bunch of papers and a thick file at me. I crouched and covered my head with my arms. What the heck?

He stormed towards me with his arm ready to swing at me, stopping halfway because there were other students witnessing the scene. Not that they care that I was going to be beaten up by someone who is supposed to be a good role model and you know, be an actual teacher.

"Who do you think you are?!" He pulled my collar and his eyes were bloodshot and creeping the out of me. I raised my hands in the air in surrender but it didn't seem to signal him anything.

"I know it was you! It had to be! I know you hate me because I treat you like . Well, guess what? You are and thanks to you I'm ing fired! How the did you know about us? You disgusting stalker! How else would you know I slept with that girl?" He threw me to the ground and I fell hard. The injury I had on my elbow grew worse.

"Sir, this is not the right thing to do." A voice calmly spoke out of the numerous whispers, chatter and passive humans. I looked up and my eyes grew like a boy hitting puberty.

Kai was standing in between me and the insane in a defensive pose. My bully is protecting me and for some weird reason, i felt safe.

I must be insane too.

Well, I am a so...

Ok, not my point here.

My homeroom teacher was about to throw a punch at Kai but missed as Kai dodged and took the flying arm and locked it behind the mad man's back. Kai pinned him against the lockers with the mad man's face squished.

"Like I said, that was not the right thing to do." Kai's voice pierced the teacher's ear and he stopped struggling. The police came into the school surrounding the corridor with their guns pointed at the two.

Kai lets go of the teacher, raising his hands in the air and stepping aside, letting the police take care of the crazy guy. The police asked Kai and I some questions and asked us to fill a form of what happened and let us off to go for classes.

We both walked side by side... ok more like me dragging my feet and not wanting to anger Kai also cursing because why do our classes have to be beside each other.

"Are you gonna beat me up today too?" I asked, trying to sound angry and pissed but who knew my voice would crack.

"Huh? Too? I don't remember beating you up? Why would I do such a thing?" Kai turned to look at me and stopped walking. Tilting his head in confusion, I too was utterly confused.

Kai's eyes suddenly lit up and bowed his head muttering incoherent apologies and tears starting streaming down his cheeks before running as fast he could.

What?

 

"Seriously?" Jimin asked as I told him what happened two days ago when he wasn't here.

"Oh my gosh, do you think he was putting on an act or something?" Jimin held my shoulders and shook me before letting go and flailed his arms.

"There wasn't anyone else but me and him," I replied, still not understanding the situation either. Jimin stopped flailing his arms around and looked down with his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth formed into a pout.

"Wait did you just say your ex-homeroom teacher called you ?!" His voice was not a hint of anger.

It was full of it.

I looked down and muffled a yes as I started tearing because his words pierced into my heart like a sword. I wonder how do people get immune from verbal abuse because I'd rather have Kai have four arms and his mouth taped than his body tied up and his mouth on a loud speaker.

He came and gave me a big hug, my injuries healing because the past two days, nothing happened. The hug for once did not hurt and I felt like I was in a mini heaven.

I wonder if heaven smells like vanilla essence.

 

It didn't last very long. A month later and Jimin fell sick once again, I was dragged to a secluded area and did Kai get stronger?! My back painfully hit against the wall and Kai emptied my back tearing my exam papers that had a big red 75% written on it. 

For once I sincerely felt like exams were really nothing but pieces of paper. Kai got full marks for everything and I was wondering if during the times he wasn't out to punch me in the face, he was studying. My thoughts wondered to my mother, if she saw that my grades weren't that bad despite me 'getting myself into gangs' she would not be so hostile towards me.

Jimin came up to me and gave me a back hug. He congratulated me on my results saying how incredible I was and I admit that I was blushing like a newly painted firetruck but that didn't mean anything right?

 

I sat on the bench with my heavy school bag laying flat next to me with a sigh leaving my mouth. I leant back with eyes closed. I didn't want to look at the sky, I didn't want to look at my hands, I didn't want to look at my face. I didn't want to see blue.

"Please stop putting a mirror in front of my face."

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter