Final Chapter 1/2 [EDITED]

Colours and Music
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was my first day of high school. Feeling pumped and hype for a new start. New school, new teachers, new friends and new clubs made my head giddy with excitement. I loved new things, they made me feel different kinds of feelings and I was more than ready to explore these unknown feelings I possibly had! After getting ready, I raced out and sat at the table, with my older brother already eating.

"Morning!" I shouted as I sat down beside my mother and started gobbling my food.

"You don't have to shout so early in the morning." My mother calmly said as she ruffled my hair and smiled, "and yes kookie, good morning to you too."

"Jungkook, I'll walk you to your school." My older brother piped in. I raised an eyebrow and starred at him. How unusual.

"Yoongi, isn't your college in the other direction?" My father asked as he came in while adjusting his tie and kissing my mother's forehead.

"It's the first day of college, they don't start classes until 9. I've got time to kill." He shrugged and bit into his sandwich.

I didn't see any problems with that. Going for a walk with my brother would be nice, we haven't really hung out during the break as we were either lazing at home or going out with friends. I continued eating, watching my father leave the house and my mother getting ready for work. I cleaned my plate and washed the dishes. I went to the doorway to see my older brother already waiting for me.

"Hurry up kook." He rolled his eyes playfully.

I ran up to him and did a salute mouthing 'sorry'. I wore my shoe, ajusted my backpack and we were on our way. It was a quiet walk. I looked up to the sky, it was a clear blue sky, it looked so beautiful and I could sense it would be a good day.

Yoongi halted and looked into my eyes. I stopped too and tilted my head in confusion.

"Don't expect a good day or a good high school life for that matter," Yoongi spoke as if he was reading my mind. I was about to refute but he held up his hand and continued,

"There's gonna be a kid, same age as you, the younger brother of Kris, Kai. He will be attending the same school as you. He will make life hell for you." Yoongi held my shoulders and looked at me with saddened eyes and I could have sworn I could see tears.

"Why? Why me?" I was worried and I stood there, trying to find my answers in his possibly tearing eyes.

"Because," he hugged me and whispered into my ear.

"You're my smart brother."

 

"So you're the brother of Yoongi? Both of you have the same ugly face." His tone was no less than of venom. I swallowed hard and my feet kept walking back. Each step bringing me closer to the wall. But I mean, I shouldn't be that worried, it's a one on one fight so it wouldn't be too difficult right?

I was so wrong.

He was so much stronger, he had a strength of a body builder and was a much better fighter than me. He flung his fists in my face so fast I couldn't see it coming. I fell to the floor and rolled to my side with my arms held close to my body. I could hear his laughter getting louder and louder and my tears flowed like a waterfall. My uniform is stained with colours. Red, red, blue. I guess the sky was too clear, blood, reflection and tears.

"Such an ugly head." He scoffed at me and stood beside my almost lifeless body.

"Wha--- wh--why?" I managed to stutter out. Through my swollen eyes, I could see his face getting bigger until it was right in front of me.

"Nothing. Just stating facts." He stood up and stepped on me and his foot stepped on my stomach leaving me with incoherent groans.

 

"Jungkook! What happened?" My mother held my face like a precious fragile object and scans my beaten up face.

"Kai did it." I cried as I waited for my mother to hug me and start saying sweet nothings into my ear. Like those encouraging "it's ok dear, mummy is here" phrases that seemed childish but would mean a lot now.

But none of that came.

"Kai? That sweet boy from the house across the street? Jungkook, that's not funny. I know his mother, she is such a sweetheart and so are her two children. Now Kook, tell me who did this." She worriedly looked at me and ran her slender fingers through my hair.

Her eyes looked more like suspicion than anything else.

"Now go wash your face. You look uglier by the second." My mother shook her head in disappointment and walked off.

"Jungkook...." Yoongi came up to me and wrapped me in his arms. I buried my face into his chest and my tears stained his white t-shirt. He hugged me tighter and he felt warm.

"What did I do? I didn't do anything and it's only the first-day wha--why and how does it have to do with you is it your fault?!" After wailing and ranting my voice went hoarse and soft as I lay limp on my older brother who was rubbing smooth circles on my back.

"It's not my fault really but it's because you're a smart brother," Yoongi smiled at me and wiped my tears away, causing me to wince a little because of the cut under my eye.

He tended to my wounds and quietly cleaned them up. Yoongi placed the first aid kit on the shelf and smiled sadly at me.

"I'm sorry you're going to suffer like I did." Yoongi pulled me into a comforting hug, making me feel like crying again.

"You owe me an explanation." I weakly hit his chest and buried myself, listening to his steady heartbeat. My older brother responded by laughing, I could feel his body vibrating and it felt warm.

"Just know I'll always believe you." He kissed the crown of my head and whispered softly.

"Because I can hear the same music as you."

 

I woke up the next day and stood in front of the mirror. My face was swollen with a giant bruise on my cheek and dried blood sticking to my foread. Blue, blue, red

It was disgusting.

I felt disgusting.

I took my full-length mirror and turned it around. Not wanting to see me anymore. How ugly can I get? Not only Kai, the handsome prince of the school called me that, but so did my own mother. I looked so sickening with such dirty colours on my face.

I didn't want to see any colours anymore.

 

"I'm Jimin! I was sick for the first two weeks of school so that's why I look new." The boy sheepishly smiled and rubbed the back of his head. He extended his hand soon after and it took me a few seconds to register that I should shake it.

"Jungkook," I replied and weakly grabbed his firm and a steady hand. I was about to let go when he pulled my hand and lifted up my sleeves. His eyes opened wide and he looked at me with such clear eyes I could see my ugly reflection. Ugly, fugly, .

I had to look away.

"What are these? Are you being abused? Bullied?" He worriedly asked me as I looked to the ground. He lifted my chin and looked closely at my face. His eyes soften as he could see the scars and bruises on my face.

"You won't believe me even if I told you," I replied and started to walk away when he pulled my wrist lightly.

He held my palm and rubbed it with his thumb, it felt so comforting it's hard not to believe.

"Kai," I mumbled, he stopped and kept staring at my palm. I knew it, he didn't believe me either.

"Forget it." I shook off my hand and walked off to get out of class, wanting to get home as fast as I can before Kai gets to me.

 

It's been a month and Yoongi's wounds were getting worse. I kept asking him what's wrong and why wasn't mum or dad doing anything to help him but he shook his head and walked off. It was worrying especially because I know Yoongi didn't like fighting, he didn't even like to move! I bit my lip and leaned against his bedroom door, silently praying that he was alright. His grades were dropping too.....

I ran downstairs and pulled mum's shirt and asked about Yoongi to which she showed an angry face and scoffed.

"I don't know what happened to him, how dare he accuse people when he is obviously involved in something he shouldn't!" She folded her arms and shook her head. I tilted my head in confusion and went back to my room. I know my own brother well, he won't do such a thing. Why does mum think so?

I ran up to Yoongi's room and pressed my ear against the door. Trying to listen to any sort of ranting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter