SWEET GRAVITY

Sweet Gravity

CHAPTER ONE : SWEET GRAVITY

 

The first thing she saw once she arrived at the set was his hair. His glorious, messy blond hair.

She remembered commenting on his hair back in their We Got Married days. It’d been too long since then, five years ago to be exact. She remembered she said she liked his dark hair compared to his blond hair, but nowadays he looked so good with blond hair. 

He had grown up. She had grown up. They had grown up over the past 5 years. They were not the Makdong Couple again or the youngest couple ever in WGM. After WGM ended, they tried to keep their relationship going but it was too hard, especially when he had massive followings who didn’t agree on her, that they had to hide their relationship and then, their busy schedules. It was just impossible to keep being together because of the pressure was too overwhelmed and they were too young back then.

But they had glorious, amazing time together. In their earlier WGM days, they decided to have fun with the filming. He debuted at such young age, she was busy balancing school with her training, so they didn’t have time to date like normal couple until they were cast as young couple in WGM. They had so much fun during the filming until they realized it was a true feeling between them. They decided to date until they decided not to.

Their relationship ended in good terms. They met each other during music shows and award shows, greeted each other politely because of people watching. They were busy with their work, Naeun with her acting project and group activity with Apink members, he had his group activity with SHINee members and solo projects. It never crossed her mind that they would work together again especially he kept a distance away from her since the incident with his fans. She didn’t think they would work closely once again since she was only lent them her voice for his title track on his new solo album. After all, she only sang the background voice and she asked specifically to hide her identity. When the demo song leaked and everyone was curious of whose female voice in his song, they had to come out with the truth. 

Even he was shocked when he learned that it was her voice. She had improved her singing over the past few years, had done couple of featuring projects with unknown indie artists and when she was approached by the producer to sing as background voice in his new song, she hesitated for a little bit but decided to do it since the producer promised her it would be anonymous. 

He called her. After all those years, he called her again for the first time. Her ex-boyfriend, the one who still held her heart, Lee Taemin.

She was so shocked that she was out of her mind when she agreed to participate in his music video. Not only one music video, but two music videos.

And here she was, standing in the door while staring at her ex-boyfriend who seemed so focus on his conversation with PD. Naeun bit her lip out of her nervous habit. Now she felt like she was under dressed among all these people. The moment she entered the room, she could feel all eyes on her, even after in split seconds, they averted their eyes but she still could feel some of them stealing glance at her. She thought she was used to it, but honestly, it probably never would. Not to mention her stomach felt funny right now, but it could be because her jetlag. After all, she flew from Seoul to Los Angeles and after she landed, she was brought straight to the set because the schedule was tight.

One thing for sure, she was nervous as hell.

She didn’t know what to do. Should she approach, or not? Or… But by then, Taemin saw her.

His eyes... Naeun wondered. Are they still the same? The ones sparkling whenever he talked about things he liked? Or when he was looking at her adoringly? 

They just stood there, staring into each other’s eyes and then Taemin smiled. 

“Naeun-ah… How was your flight?"

Naeun-ah… 

She smiled, now she felt relieved that he didn’t treat her like a stranger. She approached Taemin, beside him was Min Heejin, the MV director. She was also known as SM art director. Naeun had met her prior to the music video production, for setting up a few scenarios with her agency. She was really nice and was famous with his aethestic yet tasteful works.

“It was good, thank you for asking…” 

“We’re sorry to drag you down here as soon as you land. But the schedule is so tight, we still need to do lot of things around here…” Min PD looked apologetic. 

“It’s alright… I could just extend for sightseeing later…” Naeun smiled.

Min PD laughed and then hugged her in greeting gesture. “How are you, Naeun-ssi? We’re glad you’re here now…” 

Naeun blushed as Min PD pulled away. “I’m glad to be here as well, thank you for the opportunity."

“Not me. Thank the guy,” Min PD gestured at Taemin who was watching their interaction amusedly. 

“Thank you, Oppa…” Naeun gave him a joking 90-degrees bow, causing him to laugh. Now that Taemin dropped the honorific in his speaking, she decided to just call him like he was used to be called. 

Taemin laughed and to Naeun’s surprise, he ruffled her hair. “I like you blonde…"

Naeun blushed as she touched her recently dyed blonde hair, the shade and highlight were exactly the same with Taemin’s. ‘Yeah, it’s for this…"

“Ah, the mirror, alter ego thing… Have you practiced the dance routine?"

“Five times a day for a week. I guess it’s enough?"

“It’s more than enough. Thanks and sorry that I couldn’t be there, practicing with you…"

“It’s alright. Greg-ssi helped me a lot…"

“Yeah…”

There was a pause before Min PD groaned in frustration. She stomped her feet while walking away from them. “I feel like I’m watching your WGM episode all over again. I hope for some sizzling chemistry today, not some first crush awkwardness like this! Capisce?"

Taemin and Naeun nodded, stunned at the sudden outburst. 

“What the heck was that?” Taemin laughed as Min PD disappeared from the room.

Naeun chuckled. “I guess she watched our episodes back then."

“Yeah, I guess…” Taemin answered in low voice. All of sudden, burst of images from their WGM days came into her mind. She averted her eyes to stop the images going through her head, especially now image of their first kiss flashed into her mind. Just… stop.

She cleared , suddenly becoming aware of what she was wearing. The coordi had matched her clothes to Taemin's. He was wearing black skinny jeans, khaki turtle neck and an interesting suspender with holster just like cops wearing for their gun, only there was no gun. His blond hair was styled slick back, revealing his forehead. Okay, he looked so hot. She wasn't going to deny it. 

The coordi had her wearing a khaki turtleneck dress that hem stopped at her mid thigh and a black vest to coordinate with Taemin's suspender. Naeun was specifically asked to wear only natural color for her appearance in the music video. Her new blonde hair was styled messy on the top of her head. The blonde hair was to accompany Taemin's look as well. Her natural makeup brought out her skin's complexion, she was almost luminous. It was only her lips that was requested for her to use a bright red color. The red color was supposed to have dramatic effect on the camera.

The storyline of the music video was about two different personas. Naeun had 2 personalities she had to embody, just like Taemin's concept this time. He wanted to show 2 different Taemins in the music video. The strong, no-nonsense, bad Taemin and the innocent, good boy Taemin. Naeun's part was as his alter ego. She mirrored Taemin in the music video, including matching clothes, matching movement and facial expressions. The first one is for the dance sequence where she would sing in the background while Taemin dancing in front.

It was interesting to see because to be honest, back then when they were in WGM, she knew that SHINee members were one of those talented idols around. They were known to be the most versatile K-pop idols out there. All of the members shined in their own way and they had the most amazing vocal during live performance. They were also called CD-dols, meaning that they sounded like their recording voice when they had live performance. She was a fan of their music before they got cast in WGM and even a bigger fan after they dated. After they broke up, she followed Taemin's solo debut and loved his albums, but she wasn't going to admit it in his face. It was too embarassing. SHINee was out of this world and Taemin was magnificent as a solo performer. As much as she adored his loving, adorable side when they dated, she loved his professional side just as much.

“Naeun-ah…” Taemin said her name and her heart skipped a little beat. “How have you been?"

She looked up and saw the boy she fell in love years ago in this 26 years old man. He might grown up but he would always be the boy who stole her heart for the first time and she never be the same again because of him. 

“I’m fine, how have you been?” She answered softly. 

Taemin’s hand reached out to touch her hand, but it stopped midway. He didn’t pull his hand, but extended his fingers to softly touch her skin. It gave her goosebumps all over her body and the sensation of being touched by him was still the same. 

Naeun watched as Taemin’s fingers grazed her skin, fascinated. Taemin didn’t answer her question and it was okay for Naeun. She was afraid to hear his answer, to be honest. If he said he had moved on, had another girl as his girlfriend, it was honestly okay. Probably his best answer, probably the best way so she could finally move on and actually could love other guy without having to compare them to Taemin. 

“Actually…” Taemin took a deep breath. His fingers slowly went to hers. “I…"

“Taemin-ssi, Naeun-ssi! We’re ready for rehearsal!” 

Taemin and Naeun pulled away immediately. They turned to Min PD who raised her eyebrows suspiciously at them. “What are you two doing?"

“Nothing…” Taemin answered nonchalantly and stepped forward, approaching Min PD. He looked back and gestured Naeun to follow him. “C’mon!"

Naeun nodded, not believing herself to talk right now. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- T A E U N ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were two-parts of a story. The first one was for the title track and the second one was for much more mellow b-track. Taemin had already shot the performance video yesterday at the desert. Both drama versions would be filmed with her. As soon as they gathered around Min PD, she gave them instructions, according to the storyboard. They would shoot the dance and singing parts first, then would proceed to shoot just Taemin and Naeun. The dancers came into the room and they were taken to another part of the mansion where it had a big ballroom. Naeun suspected this was probably where those aristocrates went partying. She giggled at the thought and she wandered around, amazed by what she had seen in this ballroom. It was really beautiful room with bright color of red surrounding the walls. They filled the room with expensive arts and other properties. 

They took their position where Min PD wanted them. Taemin was standing in the middle of the big room, behind him in line where 6 dancers taking their position. Naeun was standing behind Min PD, watching Taemin take his first shoot for today with everyone else. Once they settled on their position, Min PD was getting ready at her place, behind the monitor screens. She took a long look at them once again and raised her thumb. 

Naeun bit her lips and her eyes caught on Taemin's. He was looking back at her and smiling when their eyes met. Naeun was startled but giving her best smile to cover her nervousness. His eyes darkened and she swore she saw him l!cking his lips before turning his attention to the camera. What the heck was that? Why was Taemin acting weird? It was like the first time he pursued her, both in TV and in real life. Back then, she was oblivious. But now, she understood Taemin enough to realize that he was actually flirting with her. 

She didn't have time to indulge on the idea because Min PD started raising her hand and shouted, "ACTION!"

The music started and Taemin started to dance. It was such a mind blowing experience for her. She saw the practice video during her recording to get the feeling of the song with dance in the background. She thought it was such amazing thing, watching Taemin and the dancers dance to the music, but nothing beat the real thing. 

His performance is out of this world. The energy, the passion, it was overflowing on his steps and movements. She was pretty sure she was gaping, watching his performance, along with everyone in the room. Taemin finished his performance with a bow and Naeun was ready to clap her heart out but waited until Min PD yelled "CUT!" 

The clapping sound was defeaning and Taemin looked so bashful and shy but he was smiling so big, he looked like he was 5 years old. 

Taemin approached them as the assistant giving him a bottle of water. "So how is it?"

"I like it, though you could better at the grinding thing on the ground..." Min PD .

Taemin chuckled as he stood beside Naeun and looked at the monitor screen. "Play me," he said and Naeun snorted at his word choice. Taemin peeked at her and smiled knowingly. He didn't say anything and his eyes were on the screen, but Naeun could feel the heat creeping on her face. 

After Taemin taking 2 more shots of him dancing until perfection, the next scene was Naeun's solo shoot for her singing part. The camera started rolling and there was a scene of her entering the ballroom where Taemin and backup dancers danced to the song. As soon as Min PD yelled ACTION, she was in immediate Son Naeun's actress mode. She entered the room in a newfound confidence. The camera took close up shots on her face, her eyes and her lips. She glanced seductively at the camera while start singing her part. 

Moistly, moistly you're raining
Water vibrates in a circle when you touch its surface
You who came closing the sweet gravity
I can’t avoid you

She acted out along her singing, trying to depict the song into her own interpretation. The song was unique already, with hint of s3xy and seductive sound. The lyrics was and the choreo was definitely s3xy and seductive enough. When it reached the end of song and Min PD yelling CUT once again, it was beginning to coming back to her. Naeun froze and just stood there watching all crew erupted in cheers and applauses, including Taemin with big smile on his face.

"SON NAEUN! Where did you hide that foxy side of yours? Seriously, Apink needs to go on s3xy concept anytime soon. I'll be happy to direct your music video!" Min PD exclaimed excitedly. 

Naeun approached them in shy smile. "Can I see?"

Min PD played the tape in the monitor screen. Naeun wanted to be shy and embarrassed for those facial expressions she made but actually, she couldn't. She was actually feeling proud, that she was brave enough to do things like this. Apink had always known with their innocent, fairy concept since they debuted. They slowly changed it as they matured even though more of their fans were quite resistent at their slowly changed concept. The public only knew about her voice being featured in Taemin’s new song, but not the music video feature. So she was anxious to see Apink fans reacted to it. She was told that once they were done with the filming, they were going to release the news. However, besides Apink fans’ reaction, she was partially anxious about Taemin’s fans. She prepared herself for backlash because she knew how popular Taemin was and how protective his fans were, just like before.

"Naeun..."

Shiver gone through her body as she could feel the heat coming from behind her. She knew it was Taemin as he stood very close to her. Their height was in perfect fit as Taemin whispered in her ear. 

"This..." His hand pointed at the screen, at one frame he paused for. "...is one of many reasons why I want you here."

Naeun gasped softly as her heart started beating faster. It was a still of her face, looking back at the camera with seductive eyes and small smile on her lips. Her messy blonde hair was like a halo around her face. She looked angelic yet seductive in that still. He straightened his position and the hand that was touching the screen before, touched her skin and ever so lightly, caressing her skin up to her arm until he backed away completely.

Damn you, Lee Taemin!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- T A E U N ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More shoots were done, but mostly their individual shoots. There was one section where they danced with each others while singing together. Because she could not fit into Taemin's schedule before, she could only practice with the choreographer and a Plan A backup dancer. Most of them were actually basic steps but knowing Taemin, he only wanted perfection. So she tried to practice her best. 

It was funny after what happened before, they tip-toed around each other. When Taemin did the shoot for his singing part, Naeun watched intensely behind the monitor screens. He was indeed mesmerizing, his aura and charm oozedly into the camera easily. She envied him actually for having such charming presence in front of the camera and stage. When they reviewed the result, it was amazing as usual, but Taemin being a perfectionist that he was, practically went out his way to charm Min PD to take one more because there was something was lacking. He did it again and after he was satisfied with the result, Min PD told them to take a break and back again for duo shoot, meaning Taemin and Naeun were up again soon. 

Naeun sighed and held her hand onto her heart. "It's not good. My heart is not good," she mumbled quietly as she took a deep breath, calming her racing heart.

"Hey..." Taemin was suddenly beside her, causing to jump.

"God, you scared me!" Naeun stomped her feet.

Taemin raised his eyebrow and grinned as he looked at her feet. 

"Ah, sorry..." Naeun said sheepishly.

Taemin laughed and nudged her. "Want to practice?"

"Eh?"

"Our dance. Want to practice our dance?"

"Oh, okay..." Naeun jumped from her seat and bent down to retrieve her heels. When she straightened up and turned to Taemin, Taemin's face was red and his eyes wandering around like he didn't know where to look. She also noticed that he shifted himself directly behind him as in wanting to cover for her. Behind him, there were several male crew huddling around and peeking at them. 

Oh. 

She remembered that when she bent down to take her heels, she was wearing short dress. So Taemin was beside her before and then he moved to her back to cover for her, so she wouldn't embarassing herself in front of the crew. And he also averted his eyes from part of her body that might getting exposed. 

In span of hours, it seemed like they were back to 5 years ago. The attraction was still there and both of them were doing such terrible job at hiding it. She was pretty sure Taemin was still attracted to her but she was confused. They decided to part ways because they knew it wouldn’t work out between them. He was busy, she was busy. They just didn’t have time to date. And they were young, too young to know what love was. To meet again in this circumstance, should she take it as a sign? A sign for them to rekindle their relationship? After all, she still hung up on him, even after these years. She compared every man whom she was close with to Taemin. Taemin might be her first love, first of everything, but he was the best she’d ever had. 

So she just stood there, staring at Taemin when Taemin with his easy smile offering his hand. "M'lady..."

Naeun giggled and put her hand in Taemin's hand. She ignored the jolt that came through her body as soon she touched him. They were walking hand in hand as he told Min PD that they were going to use the set to practice. Min PD nodded absentmindedly as her eyes never left the screen while talking with her ADs.

Taemin brought her into the center of the ballroom as he sent a cue of music to be played in the background. The music started and both of them start counting for their steps. She knew this was going to be s3xy and seductive dance due to the nature of the song. Practicing it with an unknown dancer was easy because she had done the s3xy dance before for their concert, but performing the dance with Taemin was an experience. Especially when he was such a strong performer compared to her, but he was so accomodating, he was leading her in every steps and during their dance routine, it was actually better than she thought, even better than practicing with a backup dancer.

Knock knock
You've knocked on my heart
With your ticklish whisper

During that part, Taemin leaned closer as if he whispered something into her ears. Naeun couldn't hide her smile and she could also feel Taemin's smile throughout the dance. The practice ended too fast and they were trying to catch their breath when they heard applauses surrounding the room. They looked at the crew and they saw the crew were clapping happily, some in awe. 

Min PD chuckled, camera on her hand. "I just have to take it. You two are amazing, by the way. I really want to do photoshoot just the two of you..."

Taemin and Naeun laughed awkwardly and then rushed 

As second practice, his touch wasn't as careful and calculated as before. His touch was much more intimate now, the way he was looking at her wasn't the same as before and it made Naeun shiver to the bone.

Min PD told them to get ready because the shooting was about to start. Taemin and Naeun took their initial position for the filming. Naeun stood there with her eyes on Taemin, so did him. She was confused. He was determined. They really needed to talk it out. Soon. 

Moistly, moistly you're raining
Water vibrates in a circle when you touch its surface
You who came closing the sweet gravity
I can’t avoid you

Taemin was the center and Naeun came up behind him. They started dancing, mirroring each other movement. The dance came off as powerful and it surprised Naeun that she gave 200% on this performance. She didn’t hear the PD yelling Cut throughout the filming. She guessed they were doing it just fine. There were parts where Naeun just stood there at the sideline, while Taemin doing his much more complicated dance routines. She was able to witness his passion on what he was doing. Taemin was actually the best when he was doing what he loved. And clearly, singing and dancing were the things he loved and what he was born for. 

Naeun entered the dance formation once again and now dancing only with Taemin. She tried to give her best and when the note ended, she was in Taemin’s arms. She never felt something like this before, feeling so high because of a performance. Her face was supposed to be cool when they ended the song, but she just couldn’t contain her feeling. She smiled so brightly when Taemin pulled her into his arms and his face was within centimetres away from hers. 

The only thing she saw before Taemin leaned in was the brilliance of his eyes. Next, she could only feel. She could only feel the softness of his lips when they descended on her lips, taking her lips in soft nibbles and caresses. She was too stunned to think of anything, especially when the kiss wasn’t originally on the script. But she went on that and started to kiss him back. You did not question, not when Lee Taemin kissed you like this, not when Lee Taemin kissed you like he had to because he was in drought for too long and your kiss was the only thing to ease his drought. 

“Cut…"

The kiss ended with soft voice of Min PD. She didn’t yell for once, instead she said it in soft voice, as in she was afraid to break whatever the mood they were into. Taemin’s hand was holding on Naeun’s neck and his fingers caressed the side of her face. She opened her eyes slowly and found Taemin’s eyes.

“Naeun…” He breathed. 

Naeun exhaled, shaking as she tried to calm her erratic heart. Why? Why did he kiss her?

He pulled away slightly, but keeping his hand around Naeun’s body. It was probably the best thing since she felt like she turned into jelly. Her knees felt weak and she blamed him for that. She couldn’t hold her head up, frantically trying to look anywhere else but Taemin.

Min PD and other crew gave them loud applauses and Min PD approached them with big smile on her face. “Seriously, if I didn’t know you two, I would guess you two are dating or something."

Naeun’s face reddened and Taemin coughed loudly. Min PD looked at them funny. “Or ARE you?"

“WHAT? No!” Naeun was too quick to deny it causing Min PD raising her eyebrows suspiciously. 

“I don’t believe that, Missy. But please keep your hands to yourselves. We don’t want you two start displaying affection even off screen. There are behind the scene cameras, you know…” Min PD quipped and glared playfully at Taemin. 

Taemin chuckled. “No worries. After this, we’ll be locked in a room for days…"

Naeun’s face reddened, embarrassed but mostly angered by Taemin’s brash comment. How could he say that in front of people who didn’t know them in personal level? They were in professional environment, making that comment on set, it was rude. She looked at him, various things swirled on her mind. Taemin must had sensed that she was looking at him as he turned his head to her. Her anger must had shown on her face, Taemin’s smiling face now slowly morphed into confusion then mortification. 

“I mean…. Ah, I didn’t mean it that way, but… ah.. let me explain…” Taemin stuttered, trying to explain.

“What? Why?” Min PD was confused.

Naeun lowered her gaze and shifted uncomfortably. Her face was unreadable. “Are we done yet?"

“Yeah, I suppose so. The last shoot went well, I guess we can all go home now to rest. We still have a day to go through the scenes and tomorrow to shoot the drama version.” Min PD stared at her, she was still visibly confused at the sudden change of her mood. “You worked hard today. Get some rest and we meet again tomorrow…"

Naeun smiled, thanked Min PD and without casting a glance toward Taemin, she bolted out of the room. Her team followed her out of the room to the changing room the filming crew prepared for her. She tried to act normally, but in reality, she was still pissed off at Taemin for being inconsiderate to her feeling. After kissing her like that, he had to make that brash comment about her. It gave her a little pleasure at seeing how he finally came to a realisation that Naeun didn’t like it at all. Truly, he deserved it for throwing that comment around. 

The knock on the door jolted Naeun. She looked at her stylist and her stylist went to answer the door. But Naeun knew who was behind the door. So it wasn’t surprising when the door opened, Taemin’s guilty face was all she could see. 

“Can I come in?” Taemin asked quietly. 

Naeun crossed her arms and looked at him hard. “Why?"

“We need to talk.”

“About what?"

Taemin didn’t answered, he looked at her surrounding. Her manager, her stylist and two more people were in the room, staring at them wide eyes. It was obvious they were curious. 

“Can we talk outside?” Taemin offered.

Naeun considered to tell on him off, but then she looked at his face once again. Despite of some stupid things he said, he was still the same guy she knew 5 years ago. They had history together and after what happened today, it was clearly they still had feeling for each other.

Naeun turned to her manager. He looked alarmed and she knew he was ready to her defense. They knew about Taemin and Naeun's relationship, and also knew about the break up aftermath, that was why they were so overprotective toward her whenever Taemin was involved. She shook her head to her manager and turned to Taemin, determined. If he wanted to talk, then lets talk. She didn't want it to be dragged to nowhere. After all these things happened, once they were back to Korea, should everything go back to the way it was before? Should they go back ignoring each other, greeting each other politely whenever they met? Like a good sunbae and a good hoobae?

Naeun grabbed her red coat that was occupied the seat next to her and putting her heels once again. She put on her pouting face when she passed Taemin by, and it gave her a pleasure to see Taemin start panicking and followed her outside. It was almost twilight by then, the mansion basked in most amazing orange hue and LA sky was just so beautiful when they stepped outside the patio. Inside the mansion, the crew were busy to pack up the equipments, Min PD was there as well, giving orders to her crew. 

Naeun turned to Taemin who was standing in front of the patio door and had to stop breathing for awhile because he looked incredibly mesmerizing at this moment. She was so entranced by his sight that she didn't realize that she was heading to the patio stairs and almost fell off backwards, but only to be saved by Taemin. He moved so fast from his spot and now holding her in his arms.

"Oh, sorry... So clumsy..." Naeun tried to stand in Taemin's arms and slightly moved away from him but he didn't let her go. She froze in his arms, trying to think the reason why Taemin acted like this, but deep down inside, she knew. 

"So you... This is so you..." Taemin whispered and hugged her tightly. “I miss you, Naeun-ah.. I really miss you…” He buried his face onto Naeun’s neck and tightened his hold.

Naeun closed her eyes. This what she was afraid. Working together like this again would bring their feelings back. The fact that they broke up when none of their hearts changed was the hardest thing to do. She didn’t want to experience it again. 

“Taemin oppa…” Naeun’s voice croaked and she tried to hold her tears which threatened to come out. She loved him, God knew how much she loved him, but she didn’t want to experience the loss and broken heart all over again if this wasn’t going to work out. 

Taemin moved slightly, so he could see Naeun’s face. She then couldn’t hold her tears again and let them flowing down her cheeks. “I…."

“I love you… I still love you…” Taemin blurted so suddenly it took Naeun by surprise. “I thought I would be okay, I thought it would be okay for us to meet again, but it’s not. I can’t lie to myself again, I lied before and it cost me our relationship. I always regret the day I let us fall apart. Now… I don’t care anymore. I want to be with you. Please, let me stay with you… Please, let me stay by your side…"

Naeun was sobbing quietly while clutching Taemin’s shirt. “Oppa… Taemin Oppa…” She sobbed and leaned into Taemin’s chest. “What have we done?"

Taemin put his lips onto top of Naeun’s head and kissed it gently. “I don’t know, I don’t know…"

“It… hurt so much. It really hurt, and I can’t imagine if I’m going to experience that once again. I’m going to get ruined if I experience it again...” Naeun looked up at Taemin, her expression was full of sorrow.

“No, no, no!” Taemin grabbed Naeun’s face, forcing her to look him in the eyes. “We can do it… Lets make this work. I know you’re still in love with me. I know you… I know you, I know us… We’ll make it work."

“Oppa… did you forget? The real reason why we broke up?” Naeun said in anguish. She didn’t want to be reminded of that.

Taemin shook his hand. “It’s been 5 years and I’m sure if we come out dating now, no one will be against us. Especially not my company again… And I know that Plan A won’t be against us, especially now they’re letting us to work together and now they’re letting half of Apink members dating in public. Certainly they won’t object on us, they knew back then and they have to accept it now as well…"

“I…” Naeun took a deep breath. “It’s not about other people, or other things. I don’t care about it anymore. But… it’s about me. It’s so sudden and I’m so overwhelmed. Five years without you change me a lot. It changes me and even now I’m still adjusting. My heart…” She stopped for a while, trying to gather her thought and calm her frantic heart. “You know my heart will always goes to you. You know that…"

By that, Taemin’s smile was radiant and Naeun couldn’t help but to smile as well. 

“Can we take it slow? Can we… can we go back to the way we were?” 

Taemin looked at her adoringly and put his hand onto Naeun’s cheeks. He caressed her cheek softly and stared into her eyes so lovingly. “We can. And we will be better than before."

Naeun leaned into Taemin’s hand and closed her eyes. “I think we will. Lets just wait…"

They stood in each other’s arms for a while before Taemin leaned in and whispered against her ear. “Can I kiss you? I want to kiss you…"

Naeun smiled softly at the request. Her eyes were still closed but she could feel Taemin’s face now moved in front of hers, hovering over her lips. “We’re not boyfriend and girlfriend yet. Do people in ‘some’ relationship kiss each other?"

“They do!” Taemin answered so fast that made Naeun laughed and opened her eyes. Taemin’s eyes greeted her. So bright, so much life inside of them. 

“They do?” Naeun smiled at him. She bit her lips unconsciously. 

His eyes moved from her eyes to her lips and slowly leaned in to touch her lips with his. He breathed in final whisper, “they do…” and kissed her. 

As she wrapped her arms around Taemin’s neck and kissed him back, she thought that it would work out eventually. They would find a way. After all, they were Taemin and Naeun. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Next chapter will be in Taemin's POV

I'm inspired by this video