Going Out

Oppa Hates You

"Yah! Don't start drooling on me!"

"What?! What?!" Haneul said, sitting up and blinking her eyes open a few times. She squinted at me and frowned. "I don't drool!"

"Alright, I was just kidding. Maybe you should get some air," I suggested, looking at her red and puffy face from the crying and sleeping, and got up extending my hand for her to take. She eyed it a while before clutching onto it and standing up. "Take a walk with me."

"Woohyun, it's getting late-"

"No it's not. It's only 4 o'clock so lets go out!" I laughed, pulling her through her front door as she complained behind me about going outside. "You're going to be a mess when your mum gets home. And seriously, I don't want to see you like this either. How can you be so selfish and make such a pretty person look like this?!"

"What? Are you talking about me?" she asked, jogging up to my marching pace. She looked at me with sparkling eyes that made me feel nervous but jittery at the same time.

"Yes. Don't be mean to the girl I like and lock her inside all day, alright?" I laughed, suddenly running off and dragging her with me all the way down the street. Eventually her shouting abuse at me ceased and she resulted to grumbling inaudibly while I laughed her off and made my way to the park. It was surprisingly empty except for a few children playing after school. I took us both to a bench that faced the river that ran through the park and sat down, patting the space beside me.

"You're aweful, you know that? Dragging me like that!" Hanuel huffed at her fringe, crossing her arm and glaring at the running water. I frowned and leant back, putting my arms on the back of the bench.

"I'm trying to be nice. I haven't been out with you in a long time and this is how you treat me when I decide to take you out? I'm kind of offened, Haneul..." I said, trying to be serious for once. "You're upsetting me."

At that, Haneul froze up completely. Her back was ruler straight and her shoulders had tensed up. I leant forwards and looked at her face in worry. Her eyes were as wide as a car's headlights and her cheeks were flushed a dark cherry red. It seemed like she was biting her lip hard as well.

"Haneul? Are you oka-"

"Woohyun, I'm so so so so sorry," she interrupted me. "I d-d-don't know how normal people act in these situations a-and I didn't know how to respond to you taking me out and I snapped b-because that's my usual instinct and I really regret being so mean. I'm sorry! Please forgive me!"

Her eyes had been pressed tightly closed and her fists were clenched on her lap so hard they were turning white. I hadn't seen her so vunerable before. It's getting quite fun; maybe I should be more serious and honest to her in the future if this is how she reacts. Slowly she opened one eye, biting her lip, and peered at me nervously.

"W-why are y-you looking at me like that?!" she trembled, staring at me almost scared. "D-did I make you that mad?!"

I smiled and decided to take advantage. Leaning close to her and looking into her eyes, I smirked. " 'How normal people act' did you say?" I questioned. Her eyebrows knitted together as she jutted out her bottom lip and said nothing. It looked like she was about to cry. "Haneul-aaaah! You're so cute!" I cooed, grabbing onto her blushing cheeks and pulling at them as if they were clay.

She looked at me in surprise which quickly turned into annoyance. "Sorry. I was making fun of you, wasn't I?" I chuckled, letting go."You're a good person. I know you're just on the defence all the time because you're trying to act innocent but it sometime hurts my feelings you know," I told her truthfully. "I would prefer it if you just went along with my plan and followed my lead. Don't be so hesitant if you want to be with me."

"Really? You're saying that?" Haneul retaliated. I looked at her in shock and found her to be deadly serious. "I have to be cautious because I have no idea if you're just having fun playing for a while and then going off to do more important things and leave me or if you're actually serious. Don't blame me because I don't like that."

"Haneul, you're doing it again. Why can't you just trust me? I really do want to be here-"

"Well, whatever you say it doesn't matter anymore since it's to late for me. I missed my chance and you're going to be taken soon," she said quietly, gently dropping her head and letting her hair create a curtain between us.

"Haneul-ah....Neul-ii....."

"And," she began again in a hush. "I have something to tell you." At that moment my phone buzzed telling me I had recieved a text. Haneul looked at me disappointedly and turned away without continuing. I read the text for a moment and put my phone away again just as quickly with a frustrated sigh. "What is it?"

"Hoya's just reminding me about the School Idol Contest. The final is in a few days," I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh! How is it going? Are you prepared?" she asked.

I scratched the back of my neck and said, "The rest of Infinite are probably ready to perfection. But, I on the other hand, haven't had much time to practise."

"No? Well shouldn't you be doing that now?" Haneul said sincerely. I looked at her in pity.

"Honestly, has what I just said gone right through your head? I'm going out with you right now, Neul-ii!" I said, poking her head. "I'm actually supposed to be on a date with someone else," I suddenly said, realising I had actually left Mirae by herself in the cafe without a word. I cursed under my breathe, feeling guilty as hell and also afraid knowing I'd get more hell from my father. The wind blew lightly for a moment, the gust pulling golden leaves off the birch trees behind us and blowing them over our heads and into the river to float away. Haneul shivered a bit beside me. "What was it you were saying before? You wanted to tell me something?"

I watched her as she watched the leaves in the river. When they had all been carried away, she continued to stare. "It's nothing. Not important."

Another gust slashed by us, this time stripping a few more gold leaves and throwing them over our heads. They fluttered down in a random frenzy on the surface of the water, only to be stirred up again and then swept far from their home tree. Haneul shivered again.

"It's cold," she said, looking at me with what seemed to be embarassment. "Can we go some place warmer?"

"Yeah, good idea." Just when we were about to stand, my phone stupidly called out to me again. Haneul looked like she was about to burst into tears. "I'm sorry. I'll just ignore it-"

"No, it's okay. Take it," she said quietly. Feeling even more guilty, I answered the call. I wasn't prepared at all for what I recieved.

"What the hell were you thinking, Nam Woohyun?! You better have a damn good excuse if you don't want me to lock you up forever for that selfish stupidity you displayed!" my father yelled down the phone. I winced and pulled it from my ear. There was no excuse and I knew I was going to have to work to make up for it. "You left Mirae! Why would you do that?!"

"I....I...." I stuttered, looking at Haneul and deciding not to mention her. "I don't have a good enough excuse."

"I knew it," my father angrily huffed on the other end. "That's it. You realise you're not taking any of this seriously enough. Yumi and Seyoung's parents have personally complained to me saying they haven't had any news from you. Are you ignoring them too?"

"I just wanted to spend more time with Mirae because I liked her better than the other two."

"Well, that won't be a problem because I think by your actions, the other candidates might pull out soon. And if you're ignoring Mirae then you might have no wife left!" he yelled. "You have to make up for it now! Go to her and apologize."

The line was abruptly cut off, ending with an order for me. I would have to go to Mirae and leave Haneul again........ No. This time I'm not letting that happen. I promised Haneul I wouldn't leave her again and I'm not about to break that promise.

"Haneul, come with me," I said, standing up and taking her hand.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"I have to say sorry to someone for doing a bad thing to them but I don't want to leave you here. Come with me, okay?" As soon as I said it, Haneul sharply pulled her hand away.

"No. You go and sort out your personal business. I'll be fine on my own."

"But you just told me to stay-"

"I said I'll be fine!" Haneul cried. "I'm going back home."

Haneul turned around but before she could walk away, I said "Why are you suddenly acting like this? Do you or do you not want to be with me?" I stared at her back as the wind started to pick up. How could it still be getting colder when it's almost summer time? She didn't say anything, just looked at the ground. Suddenly she faced me again with a blank expression.

"I do. But what I want is irrelevant. What happens to us happens because of our parents," she said darkly. "There's nothing either of us can do except go out like this. So I'd rather you just sort this out by yourself and not get me involved."

"What happened?" I asked, my voice more gentle. "Has this got something to do with what you needed to tell me?"

She didn't say anything as she walked off again, in the opposite direction of where I had to go. All I could see was her back until she turned the corner and disappeared from my sight. I sighed and left the park to find Mirae again. This is the second time I'll be going to her house today.

______________________

"Isn't this scene familiar?"

Before me madness unfolded.

"I feel like I've been here before..." I said to myself, watching Mirae dressed in black leather run across the entrance hall with five men dressed in black running after her. "So she does this in her spare time, does she? Hmm."

She jumped onto a brass dinner trolly and surfed across the floor on it, turning back and whipping out two guns to fire a load of bullets at the guys behind her. She missed most of them but hit once on one guy's shoulder. The bullet burst into a splatter of red paint, looking like it had gone through him and he was bleeding.

The cart crashed into the wall as it reached the other side of the hall but not before Mirae had somersaulted off and landed gracefulling on the floor in a crouching stance. The guys in black surrounding her in a circle and I thought they had her cornered. The mayhem got a bit too rediculous when she took out another sword and started swinging it.

"YAAAA! Have you forgotten I'm here?!" I yelled to them, though they took no notice. "Do you even know I'm here?! Ya!"

Mirae huffed as she tried to ignore me, but then whipped her head to me with an angry glare. "Do you even know I'm here?!" she yelled across the hall, waving off the thugs and walking to me with a heavy breath from the running about. "How can you possibly just turn up here and talk like that to me?" she said, sounding truely hurt.

"I'm sorry. No, I'm really sorry. I came to apologize for running off," I said quietly, looking her in the eyes. "I have no excuse so I'd rather I make it up to you somehow. Just tell me how and I will."

She looked at me with a calm and calculating expression and pursed lips for a moment before asking a question. "Why did you come back here? You ran away because you didn't like me so you should of kept it that way and chosen one of the other two-"

"Who said I didn't like you?!" I interrupted her. I was a bit angry that she would say that of me since I'm not a coward that would run away from someone just because I didn't like them. "I do like you so don't ever assume something like that again!"

"Well what about the other two girls? You could have chosen them..."

I sighed. "I'd prefer to choose you over them by miles." I didn't realise it but as I said that, her face only dropped more.

"So there's no chance you would pick either of them?" she mumbled quietly.

I looked at her in confused surprise. "Haha, you sound as if you don't want me to pick you..." She said nothing. "So how can I make it up to you?"

"Well finish what you started. Take me out again and show me you're serious about this."

"Alright, let's go out. Hmmm... to the aquarium?" I asked, linking arms with her and grinning. She nodded happily and it was decided.

When we got there, the place was starting to become less crowded as it was a weekday and getting quite late as well. After we had payed, Mirae became a bit more comfortable and at times it even seemed like she was enjoying herself. After walking around for a while, looking at the fishes and turtles, we sat on a bench to rest.

"Hmm... this place really should be organized better. I mean have they really thought about what the customer wants?!" Mirae said suddenly with a sigh. I turned to her curiously.

"What do you mean? You're thinking about something like that when we're on a date?" I asked.

"Sorry. I guess I just can't help but notice.... well there's no wheel chair access or anything of the sort. What if you wanted to take someone here who was in a wheel chair? It's a bit inconsiderate and I couldn't help but wonder about it."

"Oh. I guess..." I peered out of the corner of my eye at her and saw she had suddenly looked very sad. "Well, if it bothers you that much, we could complain to the boss together. If you want..."

"That's nice of you but it won't work. Trust me; I've tried." My eyes widened in astonishment and she laughed at my expression. "I guess I haven't said but... my father owns shares of this aquarium. And he won't listen to a word I say."

After that, the atmosphere between us became uncomfortable again. She wasn't happy to begin with and that was my fault. But I didn't want her to stay like this all day because of me. Especially since I had chosen her to be my wife over the other two.

We walked around the aquarium a bit more and it eased me watching Mirae's face lit up looking at the sharks. I suppose she'd be familiar with them or something; maybe even know their names. If I just let her talk with the sharks for a few hours.... She'd probably prefer them to me anyway since you can't run away from her when you're stuck in a glass tank. I laughed to myself at the thought which earned an irritated glare from Mirae.

"Yah, Nam Woohyun! What's funny?" she whined, hitting me on the back. "Look... I was thinking... this isn't a very good idea. I should end this and you should choose Yumi or Seyoung instead. They'd kill to be your wife."

I suddenly stopped laughing and became serious. "What?! No, I'm sorry I didn't mean to laugh. It wasn't at you..."

"It's not that. It's just...." she slowly said. Her eyes were heavy with guilt and regret, but deep down there was a glimmer of confidence. She had made a decision on something. "The thing is....I have a boyfriend."

__________________

 

A/N: I took some time out from revision to write this chapter since I only have 4 more exams left. Still quite a bit of work but I just felt guilty I was putting this on hold. I had ideas swimming in my head for too long XD haha

Please wait until I've finished all my exams and then I'm afraid I'll have to wrap up the story TT^TT It will be a nice ending though I think; that's if I remember how it's supposed to go :O You guys can probably guess...

Look forward to the next chapter, please! ^^