The Aftershock

Oppa Hates You

A/N calm daaawn mayn. I can't write more than one chapter a day! jkjk I like to keep the suspense ;D but I'll make it clearer for people. Here you go...

 

"What the hell, Woohyun?! Can't I tell what?"

"Seriously?! Isn't it obvious? Why would he go around taking pictures of a girl he doesn't have feelings for?"

"Are you telling me he's a stalker?" I laughed at his stupid assumption. How could such a nice guy like Sungyeol be a stalker? "That doesn't make sense. Why would he stalk me?"

Woohyun shook his head and sighed. "Maybe he's a ert. Maybe he's going to sell those pictures online to pedos I don't know."

"Don't be stupid."

"I'm not! I'm trying to protect you!" Woohyun shouted.

"By ratting out your best friend?!"

"Don't you want to know if he's being a ert towards you instead of liking you?!"

"Not really!" I raised my voice. "I was fine until you came and told me. Everything between me and Sungyeol was fine! Why are you making up stupid lies to just-" I said getting more and more angry and confused.

"LIES?! If I'm lying then what the hell are hundreds of your pictures doing on his camera?! He's never shown interest in you so why else is he taking secret photos of you?!" I froze in horror as I couldn't find any explanation for it.

"Because-" My mind went blank and my head swirled with confusion and disgust. I didn't want to believe Woohyun's words but the evidence was all too clear. There's no way I could see Sungyeol the same, I couldn't appretiate his smile or believe in his ease or trust his sincerity now at all.

My face became hot and wet and I realised my eyes were dripping with tears. I started to shake and my breathing was becoming shallow. Woohyun noticed and wrapped his arms around me in comfort and without thinking, I buried my head in his chest. This idiot will just have to do with a wet shirt for the night.

"I'm sorry, Haneul. It must hurt to find out your crush is a ert-" Woohyun mumbled into my hair. I quickly pushed him away and wiped my face.

"You're an idiot Nam Woohyun! He's still my crush, but now...You're the guy who destroyed my perfect dream by betraying your best friend's trust. Don't think we're any closer now, in fact I don't even want to know you!" I yelled at him.

"W-what?! What did I do?"

"You're both idiots. All of Infinite are damn players! I thought you had changed but.....you're all the same! I HATE YOU ALL!" I screamed in his face. My breathing was becoming way too shallow and I wasn't getting enough oxygen. The tent sunddenly felt as hot as a furnace and my already blank mind became even more light-headed.  I stood up but stumbled and Woohyun quickly clutched my elbow. I pulled out of his hold and walked to the tent entrance but my walk was staggared and I couldn't see with such blurry vision from the never-ending tears streaming from my eyes. But then suddenly the room went black and I heard a heavy thump as I fell on the ground. A wave of nausea wash over me. Then I felt nothing.

____________________

 

It was probably three or four in the morning when I woke again. Somewhere in between now and when I fainted, I had been carried from the street vendour to my bedroom and I was now in my bed. I felt fine except for a slight pain in my shoulder from when I fell and a headache from dehydration. Deciding to get some water, I got up and switched the small light on but was stopped as someone grabbed my wrist. I looked around and Woohyun was sitting in a chair by the side of my bed.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I yelled but he quickly shushed me.

"There's water here," he said, picking up a glass. My head was throbbing so I took it without a word. "I carried you here. Don't you remember?"

"I don't remember anything from after I fainted." He nodded and looked down. "What happened?"

"I called your mum and she said to just bring you here instead of calling the hospital or anything. You don't have a concussion do you?"

"How should I know?" I shook my head and sat on the edge of my bed. "You shouldn't be here. You're not welcome." He just nodded again.

"I know." I stared at him with my most disgusted face but he didn't react at all. "Don't worry. You already insulted me enough whilst I carried you here. I suppose you don't remember that..." He sighed and got up. "I better leave now. Your mum doesn't know I'm still here but I just wanted to stay until you woke up again." I didn't say anything in reply.

"I'm sorry, Haneul," Woohyun said before closing the door and leaving me alone. He shouldn't have come in the first place. What was he sorry for? Being a traitor? Spoiling my dreams? Lying to my feelings for him? Well it's too late because any sympathy I had for him in the past is gone now. He's been a burden since the first time I ever had contact with him and now I have to break free. For once I had begun to trust him, the old me would never do something so stupid. But how am I supposed to trust someone who carelessly throws away friendship? I don't want anything to do with Infinite anymore.

_______________________________

The next morning was fresh and cheerful. The sky was a rich blue with no clouds in sight. The sun was gleaming and I got ready for school smoothly with plently of time to spare. I would tell Soyeon how Woohyun got what he deserved and she would go back to the commitee. In Drama we would just be two actors playing our part as usual and I would have no other contact with him. As for Sungyeol...I had no idea what to do. Should I wear a mask today or hide myself in registration? Am I supposed to report him to the police?! Maybe I should delete those photos or confront him or.....AHH WHAT DO I DO?! I'll just avoid him too.

I'll be taking my bike again today, I suppose. But I'll leave at the normal time so I get there early. That will give me time to chat with Soyeon.

As I sat and ate breakfast with Jinho, I realised he was reading the newspaper.

"What are you reading Jinho-yah? Is it good?" I said, trying to make conversation. My brother nodded.

"The government are planning to put new restrictions on build planning in the countryside. There'll be a lot more nature reserves for forests in the next few years," he said. I just nodded and smiled. Jinho has an easy life.

"So how is school?"

"My grades are okay," he mumbled. "I got A* in all Sciences and Maths. Literature and English I got A."

"Oh my gosh Jinho that's amazing! Well done! And any extra-curricular activities?"

"I'm captain of the Ice Hockey team and we recently won a match against Sunghwan-dong High, if that counts. I also got silver in the district's annual swimming gala," he casually muttered as if it was his usual routine to do well.

"That's incredible! How have I not known any of this?!"

"I haven't told you since it's not that amazing. Some other kid got gold so that's not a win."

"Jinho you're crazy! This district has like, what eight schools with ten students each in the swimming club? You beat 78 people! Don't you dare tell me that isn't a win." He just shrugged and washed his plate.

"Still. 78 isn't 79 is it?" he said as he put his books into his school bag. He's making me feel really under-achieved. "Noona, I'm going. See ya!"

"No wait, I'm leaving too," I said, stuffing the last pancake in my mouth and grabbing the bike. He stared at me tiredly and yawned. "Want a lift?" I asked. His face perked up as he nodded.

 

______________________

All day I hadn't seen Woohyun. I caught a glimpse of him in Drama class but he was hardly around at all. Good. If I had seen him I would have burst into tears I'm sure.

During the whole time at school, I blindly followed Jieun around like a lost puppy. I had explained to her early in the morning why I fainted and all about the pictures and she became furious. She gave me encouraging words and had looked after me all morning, but when it came to lesson time, I was on my own.

"Haneul, focus!" my teacher yelled.

"Yes seongsaem-nim! Sorry!" I said snapping out of my daze. But I couldn't focus.

The only thing I could see was Myungsoo scaring Hyosung with his arrogance and Woohyun disappearing without a word. At break Sungyeol was busy with a different girl, discussing stupid things, but his face showed he wasn't even listening. The same was for Sunggyu who was creating an enormous havoc in the canteen. None of these guys take things seriously! The girls are all madly in love with them and they don't even care!

I sat in a chair in the corner, feeling like there were two lead bricks on my shoulders for the last class of the day. How was I supposed to carry on what I was doing before Woohyun came when it seems the whole school revolves around Infinite? Once again I would have to confide in Jieun and beg for her help.

"Unnie," I asked her as she sat in the chair beside mine. "I need your help again." She nodded knowingly without a word and silently put her books in her bag.

"I'm dealing with it," she said.

"Really?! How?"

"Come to the roof after school. It's time I used my status for good."

Next thing I knew, school was over and I had made the long climb up the stairs to the roof of the school. A bitter chill greeted me along with seven familiar faces and Jieun. They stood in a semi-circle in front of Jieun, rubbing their arms and blowing into their hands.

I crept up and hid behind Jieun, who stood like a proud statue not feeling nervous or cold in any way. Clearly and strongly she addressed them.

"Boys, we're going to have to talk about your behaviour."

_____________________

A/N Happy New Year INSPIRITS!!! I was busy watching Gayo Daejun so I missed out on updates didn't I? TT.TT Next few chapters will be longer with more drama! All will be revealed soon! >.<