Food & Fun

Cinema Sparks

Unfortunately for Taeyong he always woke up early, even on the weekends. He found himself lying in bed on Sunday morning wanting to sleep but knowing it wouldn’t happen.

After some time and contemplation he finally got up and took a shower. Since he wasn’t planning on going anywhere for the day, he put on a pair of jeans and a black hoodie.

His mother had always made him help her cook and bake when he was younger, so he was no stranger to the kitchen. He made himself a simple breakfast and settled down on the couch to eat while watching some TV.

Weekends weren’t a very exciting time for Taeyong because he usually just stayed at home doing nothing. That’s also exactly what he ended up doing after he cleaned his plate.

One thing he had made sure of when he got this apartment was to buy the most comfy couch that he could because he knew he would end up lying on it and watching TV for hours.

Hours passed and the only movement that happened was Taeyong adjusting his position a bit and changing the channels.

PING

Taeyong’s phone beeped and he had to pull himself forward on his elbows to reach his phone. When he finally reached his phone he saw it was a text from Ten.

Ten - ‘My mom said my pouty face is cute!’

Taeyong smiled and adjusted his position so that he was sitting up.

Taeyong - ‘Well mothers think everything their kids do is cute, so it doesn’t count’

Ten – ‘You can’t laugh at my pouty face because remember this pouty face gave you a free ticket’

A quiet laugh escaped from Taeyong’s mouth and he re-positioned himself to lie down on his stomach.

Taeyong – ‘I was your knight in shining armour so I consider us even J’

Ten – ‘But I still owe you one more thing…’

Taeyong tilted his head and tried his best to think what Ten could possibly mean.

Taeyong – ‘And that is?’

Ten – ‘What are you doing right now?’

Taeyong – ‘Lying down watching TV’

Ten – ‘Great! Don’t move’

Taeyong – ‘What if I need the bathroom?”

Taeyong smiled and waited for an answer. Ten didn’t answer and Taeyong fell back into watching TV. He had no idea why he was talking so comfortably with Ten. He had met him not too long ago and he had already let the boy sleep at his house and went out with him. It usually took him long to get comfortable with new people, but Ten was making him come out of his shell much quicker.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

There was a knock at the door and Taeyong groaned at the thought of having to stand up. Pushing himself to his feet, he stood up and opened the door.

“You took me to the pharmacy and made sure I looked after my body, so now I am helping you look after yourself with food and fun” Ten spoke and held up the food in his hands when Taeyong opened the door.

“Where’s the fun?” Taeyong asked, noting that Ten had mentioned fun.

“You’re looking right at it” Ten gestured towards himself.

“So basically no fun and just food then” Taeyong laughed and gestured for Ten to come inside.         

Ten faked a hurt expression as he put the food down in the kitchen. He started unpacking the food and getting bowls and glasses.

“Why do you know where everything is?” The confused look on Taeyong’s face as he spoke showed that he was really confused.

“Well when you were cleaning up after you had made me breakfast last week, I saw where you put everything. Not that I was planning on coming back into your apartment to do this but it’s kind of easy to remember where you put everything” Ten’s response was quick and said with very minimal breaths.

“Ok then” Taeyong cocked his head to the side and smiled.

Ten finished up his preparations and Taeyong sat down next to him. They ate in silence and watched some TV. It didn’t take them long to finish the food, but they stayed seated to finish the show that was on. Once they were finished Taeyong stood up and cleaned everything.

“Well now it’s time for the fun” The announcement was made loud and clearly and Ten was bouncing slightly.

“I thought we established that there was going to be no fun” Taeyong laughed as he spoke.

“Well that’s what you thought but I have something awesome in store” Ten looked like he could barely contain himself.

Ten grabbed his backpack that he came with and pulled two boxes out of it. The boxes were two board  games.

“Come on let’s play” Ten was like an excited kid.

 The laugh that escaped from Taeyong was one of pure joy and he couldn’t hold it back.

“I am so going to beat you” Taeyong rolled his sleeves up and smirked.

Ten raised his eyebrows challengingly.

“We’ll see about that” Ten fake coughed to emphasise his point.

They decided to play Clue. Ten and Taeyong got really invested in the game and it was a heated battle to see who would solve the murder of Dr.Black.

“Come on, you have to reveal now!” Ten shouted out in happiness.

 “Not actually” Taeyong stated while pulling out a card.

Ten read it out loud, “Play can skip Rumour Reveal”. Ten screamed out in frustration.

“Why do you have to do this? I am so close” Ten whined.

“Aw! So sad, but unfortunately we are competing” Taeyong spoke with no mercy.

“But I really want to win” Ten opened his eyes a bit wider and pouted.

Taeyong smiled but quickly switched back to a blank look.

“Not gonna work Ten” Taeyong said sternly as he looked away from Ten.

“Ok, it’s your turn” Ten hummed.

“I’m ready to make an accusation” Taeyong smirked as he looked up to meet Ten’s gaze.

Ten immediately shook his body and started whining.

“No! You can’t!” Ten pleaded.

“Yes I am. I accuse Scarlett of murdering Dr.Black in the kitchen with a knife” Taeyong said the words confidently.

“Wait we have a problem” Ten brought his hand to cover his mouth.

“We need someone to check if you are right because you can’t do it yourself” Ten started laughing as he spoke.

“So what are we going to do?” Taeyong chuckled realising they had been playing this entire time and hadn’t thought of this problematic situation before.

“Why don’t we just ask your neighbour?” Ten asked hopefully.

“I guess we could” Taeyong answered.

Both boys stood up and made their way next door.

“Just knock on the door” Ten whispered as Taeyong just stood outside the door.

“This is going to be so weird! This is going to be the first time that I talk to my neighbour” Taeyong was softly laughing as he whispered.

“What?” Ten whispered with a shocked look on his face.

“I haven’t spoken to him yet. We’ve greeted but nothing more. Now I’m going to ask him if I won a game, this is going to be a unique first meeting” Taeyong was nervously laughing.

“Ok. Just knock already. He won’t bite…hopefully” Ten was laughing at Taeyong.

Knocking turned out to be the easier part; waiting for someone to open the door was agony.

The door opened to reveal a boy who seemed to be around Taeyong’s age with brown hair, brown eyes and a cute smile.

“Hi” Was all the boy said.

“Uhm.. I’m your neighbour Taeyong” Taeyong stumbled a bit over his words as he spoke.

“Hey, I’m Taeil” The boy introduced himself.

There was awkward silence before Ten decided to help this whole process along.

“Hey I’m Ten!” Ten announced brightly.

“Hi” The boy did not seem the talkative type at all.

“Well.. we were wondering… if you know…you could help us with something?” The sentence felt like it took ages to get out, but eventually Taeyong was able to speak.

“Yeah, what do you need?” Taeil had a small smile on his face as he spoke.

“Well we need you to look at these three cards and tell us if I guessed correctly, but you can’t tell us what the correct cards are if I got it wrong” Taeyong seemed way less nervous now.

“Well okay then” Taeil was smiling and quietly laughing to himself.

Ten handed Taeil the envelope with the cards in. Taeil carefully opened it, making sure that Ten and Taeyong couldn’t see what was in the envelope.

“What did you guess?” Taeil turned to Taeyong once he had seen what was inside the envelope.

“Scarlett, kitchen, knife. That’s what I guessed” Taeyong looked hopeful and happy as he waited to see if he was right or not.

Taeil raised his eyebrows and smiled.

“Yay! His face says it all, you didn’t win” Ten shouted out in excitement.

“Your guess was actually correct” Taeil said while facing Taeyong.

Taeyong smirked and turned to face Ten.

“No! You have got to be kidding me! I was so close! Ugh!” Ten shouted out while stomping his feet and walking away like a child.

“Thanks for the help” Taeyong whispered to Taeil and bowed before walking towards his apartment.

“So unfair” Ten said as he sat back down in front of the board game.

“Wanna play another round?” Taeyong asked smiling at how Ten was like a kid when he lost.

“Yes! And I am going to win this time!” Ten said in a challenging voice.

They continued playing games until they both realised it was supper already. In that time Ten realised that Taeyong was really good at board games and he would have to up his game to beat him.

“How about I make us supper?” Taeyong offered as he stood up and walked to the kitchen.

“Yay! I’m starving. Don’t worry I’ll keep you company as you cook. I would offer to help but I could burn air” Ten laughed as he took a seat at the kitchen counter.

“Well I guess it’s best if you just sit there then” Taeyong started gathering all the ingredients he would need.

“So what are you making?” Ten sing-songed full of aegyo.

“I’m just making a pasta” Taeyong said, already concentrated on making supper.

Ten watched intently as Taeyong moved around in the kitchen.

“Well then what’s for dessert?” Ten perched himself on the counter and pouted.

“What do you mean dess…”, Taeyong stopped halfway during his sentence as he turned to face Ten, “Why are you pouting?”

Ten sat back down in his chair and looked down.

“It just happens” Ten laughed at himself.

“That’s… interesting” Taeyong smiled and continued cooking the pasta.

“Well… what’s for dessert?” Ten asked again.

“Why do we need dessert?” Taeyong questioned.

Ten stared at Taeyong smiling while preparing dinner. He felt a slight pang in his chest, but ignored it and carried on speaking.

“Because dessert is happiness!” Ten exclaimed happily.

“Well I have some chocolate cake, would that be a good dessert?” Taeyong asked Ten.

Ten’s eyes lit up and he squealed a bit.

“I love chocolate cake!” Ten shouted out in happiness.

For the rest of the time while Taeyong cooked, Ten sat at the kitchen counter and stared at him.

After he finished cooking, Taeyong set the food out on a table and pulled Ten to join him at the table.

“You know this is the first time I’ve done this, this early” Taeyong’s expression was serious but his gaze was soft on Ten.

“What? It’s the first time you made dinner this early?” Ten smiled as he twisted the pasta around on a fork and answered Taeyong.

“No you dummy. This is the first time that I made friends with someone so quickly after meeting them. I mean you’re already in my apartment and I’m cooking for you. It took my other friends months to get here. It’s weird” Taeyong tilted his head as he spoke as if he was still trying to comprehend this situation himself.

Ten chuckled.

“Aaaww! You said friend, I thought I was supposed to be a pouty movie ticket provider?” Ten teased.

Taeyong rolled his eyes.

“I guess I just have a really happy aura” Ten smiled and chuckled to himself.

“I guess you do” Taeyong was smiling widely. This was something that he was finding himself doing often these days.

“I want to see you dance one day” Ten smiled softly.

“Why?” Taeyong chuckled.

“I still can’t fully picture you as a dancer so I want to see you in action” Ten’s words were sincere as he spoke.

“Well then you have to sing for me some time” The smile on Taeyong’s face was replaced with an expression of peace.

Taeyong felt happy and calm in the moment. This Saturday had turned out to be amazing despite the fact that he spent his day in his apartment.

They spent the rest of their time watching a comedy movie. Ten laughed almost every 5 minutes and rather than laughing at the movie Taeyong was laughing at Ten’s reactions.

Ten unfortunately had to leave after the movie ended.

“Don’t be too bored while I’m gone!” Ten sang out as he left.

“I won’t!” Taeyong called out as Ten was walking away.

Taeyong did feel a bit bored and lonely once his company had gone.

“Back to the fun life of doing nothing” Taeyong spoke out loud as he plopped himself down on the couch and went back to watching TV and doing nothing.

 

Hey! I'm back!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Updates might be slow because I am busy with exams! UGH!

Spread the taeten love :) :) :) :)

 

xoxo

exolightsaber