House of Filler

House of Phoenix

Hello, and yes, this is supposed to be a little filler chapter. I realize there were a couple of holes I have not addressed and might not have much time to address, so I wrote this up to set up the next chapter. The next chapter will reveal something BIG!

 I’m not joking, it will reveal something needed to finally set everything into its course *cough*war*cough* and will be out later today.

So, keep a look out. And I decided to throw in more Jimin in this chapter becuase why not. 

Hope you enjoy and Happy reading!


right-curly-bracket.pngChapter XXIII "House of Filler"

"What is this mysterious feeling?." ~ iKON "Today"

 

Reality was no longer something that he was familiar with. His mind still tried to comprehend everything, and how in the course of half a semester, his entire life was completely re-written. He didn’t even know who he was anymore, and Junhoe was trying to give him answers before training continues.

 

A week of it has felt like an eternity, and Sehun has not woken up and Minyoung has not been found and she isn’t the academy’s number one priority at the moment. And as much as he would like to hate himself for being so calm about everything as if it was normal, he couldn’t and he knew it wasn’t normal at all.

 

He woke up today, feeling this deep desire to just forget all of this happened, to just get rid of this soul that was trapped inside his body and forget of who he was and continue life as a normal human being.

 

“Kookie, there is a wolf raid over at Glowing Willows, and half the council will be dispatched. There is no training tonight, but Lieutenant Guppy asked me to give you this. It is Lieutenant Mikey’s story book,” the shorter boy spoke, his voice sweet but serious at the same time as his black hood was up and his red hair peaked out messily.

 

The creased eyes of Captain Jimin started at him with this brightness to them that made Jungkook slightly uncomfortable. He was not used to being looked at like that, and Captain Jimin was not so scared to hide his attraction for him. He has not gotten used to the new leader of the wolf pack, he was not a shadow like Sehun.

 

Captain Jimin left without saying anything more. He didn’t explain the raid, which Jungkook has heard being whispered in the training grounds. They are small and random attacks or riots or simple fights that escalated around the land.

 

He looked at the book, remembering it was the exact same one that Minyoung pulled out when they were first explaining the story of the phoenixes. It was a soft leather bound book with a beautiful fire phoenix tattooed on the cover. He opened it up and saw the exact same drawings from before, and small Greek letters written down.

 

Jin explained why he could understand Greek. It was because the soul of the Phoenix gets reincarnated and it will always remember the lives previously lived. The first set of masters that took a human form, the first reincarnation, they learned Greek since Ancient Greece was starting its reign in the human world. That same soul that learned Greek millenniums ago, is the same one that is inside Jin and Jungkook has a third of that soul.

 

That knowledge is also working its way into his mind.

 

The case with the dreams, they still have not found a full answer. Jungkook has finally had time to tell them of all his dreams, especially the one he’s had since the fire. The snake in the maze seemed to have absolutely no connection, according to Junhoe. The one about Jin made sense, when he was kidnapped by the two vampires, he had a dream of a Jin being in pain.

 

It turned out that Jin was attacked by the Dark Klan and the fact that Jin was in extreme pain, the other part of his missing soul felt it and saw it too, that’s why Jungkook dreamt it. Same goes for the dream he had when Junhoe and Minyoung ran up to Jin’s aid, it was simply the connection.

 

But this one, the one where his is chased and attacked by a slithering creature has absolute no connection, and Junhoe was stumped. No one had an answer.

 

“No seriously, the pie fell all over me.” The voice echoed in the room, it was drawing the boy’s attention away from the book in his grasp.

 

“Hey, Jungkook-ah, are you up for a movie? We haven’t really seen you in a while,” Yugyeom spoke, his voice enthusiastic and happy, and Sooyoung’s smile completely radiated next to him.

 

He has been very distant from both of them. Yugyeom simply acted like himself, he has not remembered and will not remember Minyoung, no one does. And Sooyoung, well, there was a point where he realized he no longer felt his heart race and his stomach flutter at her presence.

 

“A movie? No, I don’t want to third wheel your date. I have a lot of studying, Dr. Kwon pushed my midterm until after break, so I have a lot of reading,” he spoke, not realizing that he said date.

 

He saw the way they smiled, and he saw the clouds on their cheeks. That was their mood, and if he understood, a pink shade means attraction, and they both had it. He didn’t care, he felt no source of jealousy that Sooyoung might have already fallen for someone else, at the beginning of the semester he would have been beyond jealous, but not now.

 

He was only hurt and slightly angry that Yugyeom’s love for Minyoung disappeared so quickly. She was missing and Yugyeom lacked the memory to care about her. He lacked the memory to be hurt, to be mad and concern.

 

“It’s not really a date,” Sooyoung was quick to answer in a huff as nerves stiffen her smile.

 

“Yeah, it isn’t,” Yugyeom spoke nervous as his brows arched in confusion and his lips twitched.

 

He was a deer caught in headlights, Jungkook knew this because as far as Yugyeom knew, Jungkook still had something for Sooyoung. And for that, Yugyeom refused to admit that he was feeling something. Junhoe explained that Yugyeom was in love with Minyoung but his memories getting whipped off, the love latched onto another soul and that was Sooyoung’s soul.

 

It’s all so hard to understand but Jungkook understood something, he will never have a normal life. He would much rather have Yugyeom have someone else to lean on. For years, it’s always been them two, but Jungkook is hardly around and Yugyeom is the type of person who needs company constantly.

 

“Sure it is, just call it a date and have fun. I have to get going, I’ll miss my bus,” Jungkook spoke, gathering his jacket and his bag quickly.

 

Jimin appeared at the end of the room. He had his knees tucked in as he sat very stiff on the seat. There was something wrong, and when he tapped the table three times, Jungkook knew they needed to leave.

 

“Jungkook-ah,” Yugyeom spoke, his voice caving slightly as he saw how stiff Jungkook got.

 

“Don’t worry Yugyeom, make sure you buy me a bubble tea,” Jungkook spoke, making sure his voice was light and happy as he rushed forwards.

 

“I’ll be over later tonight then,” Yugyeom shouted, his words shaking and nervous.

 

Jungkook simply nodded as his gaze was fixed on Jimin who’s head snapped to the side in the course of a second.

 

“We need to go, half of the pack will go with your friend,” Jimin spoke, hopping of the seat as he pulled his black hood further down his head as if he was a suspect everyone was after.

 

“What is going on Captain?” He asked, his voice low and hushed but it held so much worry and concern.

 

“The wolf raid triggered a fight with the Nocturn children. Classic competition, you know,” Jimin spoke, his smile enlarging to lighten the worry in his voice.

 

“Captain Jimin, what is going on?” Jungkook spoke, his voice more demanding and stiffer as Jimin’s smile simply dropped.

 

His calves already ached slightly as he was keeping up with Jimin’s furious pace. The boy huffed as he snapped his head to the side again and simply placed a firm grip on Jungkook’s forearm. He didn’t stop though.

 

“It is believed the Dark Klan is on the move, the raid is only a distraction. While the academy sends forces to have it die down, the Darkness is moving its forces. We need to get you out of the streets,”

 

“Why? Hanbin said that he will not attack me nor Yugyeom if Minyoung left with him,” Jungkook asked in disbelief.

 

His voice was shaking slightly as Jimin simply scoffed, not wanting to say a sarcastic comment. Jimin pulled him into the back alley of the dorms. His hood dropping and revealing a small and cute face that was stained with concern.

 

“The deal was if she left at will, which we both know Lieutenant Mikey would never do, so Hanbin can attack if he wanted to. Never expect a Dark Klan member to keep a promise, they only keep blood oaths,” he spoke, checking his surroundings as if he was scared someone will see them.

 

“What’s a blood oath?” Jungkook asked, feeling a deep desire to keep the conversation going.

 

He was not the most comfortable being alone with Jimin. He felt safe with the boy, because he was a light warrior meant to protect him, but Jimin liked him more than Jungkook could care to admit. Jimin huffed slightly and his shoulders relaxed, he sighed heavily before resting his body against the wall.

 

“A promise sealing two souls. A spell that uses the blood to bind souls that made a promise. If the promise is broken, the soul who broke it dies,” he spoke, his voice soft and understanding as he tried his best to explain things to the boy.

 

He felt slightly angry and scared at that idea. Minyoung left thinking that she was protecting them, but that might not be the case. He was still in danger and the fact that Hanbin could appear here at any moment, and Junhoe was not even around, frighten him. He was an open and easy target, the wolf pack was strong but like Junhoe said, they are only meant to fight other creatures.

 

“Do you think Hanbin will come for me?” Jungkook asked, wondering too deeply onto the odds of things.

 

“I think he expects you to go to him. Dark beings are not allowed on the human world, and when Hanbin appeared here, an investigation began. It is believed he was granted the power but at a high cost,” Jimin spoke, his voice losing its intensity as he closed his eyes and waited for something.

 

He was anticipating a signal from the other wolves, if the path was clear and if they were all there.

 

“What cost?” Jungkook asked, curiosity beginning to tickle his foot as he could not help but bother the boy.

 

He relaxed a bit, feeling as if he was just talking to a classmate. He leaned against the wall to stare at the boy’s pure and fair skin. He was awaiting something, anticipating something and Jungkook felt guilty he was interrupting his concentration.

 

“His life, his energy, his will. He appeared very weak and worn out, he didn’t heal after his fight with Lieutenant Mikey and the dark mark on his temple only grew. It is believed darkness is using his body as a vessel, that’s why he had enough power to get here. But the dark energy is too much for his body, that’s why it’s taking a toll on him,” Jimin spoke softly, his voice stopping every few seconds to see if he was hearing the howls or if his ears were deceiving him.

 

Jungkook remembered that fact, that Hanbin had showed up at the arena with a small mark that was printed on his temple. But when he appeared here, in Junhoe’s apartment, the mark grew and its lines were thicker. It dipped down to curve under his cheek bones and he was defiantly worn out. He looked like he could have passed out any moment.

 

“This is so much to take in,” Jungkook whispered, feeling all the details weigh him down as his brain simply tried to take in all the new facts and ideas.

 

“It’s a lot of information, you’ll get used to it,” Jimin spoke, his eyes flashing open as he heard the first howl.

 

The wolves were aligned, and the first howl triggered another, and then another until six howls were heard singly.

 

“Have you ever ridden a wolf?” He asked, his smile and his eyes twinkling with a sense of amusement.

 

He meant it in a deeper way than it should have and Jungkook simply coughed at the embarrassment.

 

“Keep the innuendos to a minimum Captain,” he spoke, his voice cracking as his heart raced at how embarrassed he felt that the captain would say something like that.

 

Jimin simply laughed and nodded. He chuckled so carefree and his smile radiated ten times brighter than before. He huffed in and suddenly, his breathing begun to get heavier, his chest and shoulders grew in seize as he was transforming.

 

He growled, and his body leaped in mid-air and like magic, a wolf landed on all fours. Jungkook was amazed at how quick it was, his skin was replaced by soft white fur. As his eyes stared at him with a twinkling white glare to them. He whimpered softly before the boy’s face.

 

Jungkook chuckled, feeling this amusement surge up in his stomach that burned in slight anger when he realized Jimin had kissed him. But he didn’t have much energy to snap, he saw Jimin’s body kneeling down as it was barely at a height for Jungkook to mount him.

 

The fur was soft and simply warming, it felt like he was hugging a warm blanket on a cold day. Jungkook simply placed his hands around the neck of the wolf, and buried his face in the inside of his elbow. Jimin howled, the loud and powerful howl showing his status as the leader and simply took off.

 

Jungkook saw flashes of white when he dared open his eyes. He saw the world in blogs of colors, abstract and almost non-existent. Light were dim blobs as people were simply colors. A white wolf was running right next to Jimin and simply nodded before falling behind to follow.

 

“Captain, do you think they will kill Minyoung?” Jungkook asked, his voice breaking the silence in the room.

 

Jimin brought Jungkook back to his apartment. The wolf was simply seated on the window frame, his hood up, armed with shorts and a pair of socks. He was admiring the moon and listening to any signs or warnings from his pack.

 

“Lieutenant Mikey is one of the strongest beings in our world, she will put up a fight. If she dies, it will not be Hanbin’s doing, but Darkness itself. It will be a dignified death,” Jimin spoke, his voice getting lost outside as he didn’t dare turn to face Jungkook to say that.

 

Jungkook felt his heart ache at hearing that, that the captain did not bluntly state his hope. He felt his body fall onto the couch as he felt the words weigh him down. The hot cup of tea on his fingertips and the idea of Minyoung dying echoing painfully in the room.

 

“Why do you say that?” Jungkook asked, his voice lost in thought as he wasn’t sure if he wanted to continue this lost topic.

 

“Because Hanbin is bound to love her for eternity, for as long as his soul keeps reincarnating. He may act like he doesn’t care nor love her, but he will not let life be taken away from her,” Jimin spoke, his voice full of confidence and pity as he finally turned to look at Jungkook.

 

“If what I was told is true, that when souls align they have an unbreakable love, why did Hanbin turn to the dark side?” Jungkook asked, the words coming out of his mouth and tinting his lips with ease.

 

He wasn’t sure why, but seeing the captain’s eyes made the question much easier to speak. It had felt as if he swallowed a dry pill but seeing the boy gave him more confidence.

 

“No one knows, that’s what made his betrayal even more impactful. He was Hanbin of the Winter Night, The Confessor of the Death Siders and a to be Council Member. Great things were expected from him, but not terrible things. He attacked the academy in the middle of the night and left, with no other word nor reason, and he never returned,” Jimin spoke, his voice full of anger and hurt.

 

It was as if Hanbin’s departure was heavy on everyone, not just Minyoung. Jungkook wanted to ask why he looked so pained at Hanbin’s betrayal, why he sounded so hurt and wounded talking about it. But seeing how quickly Jimin looked away, he knew he couldn’t ask that.

 

“Minyoung never saw it coming, did she?” He asked, his voice getting lost as he sipped on the warm tea.

 

“No. They held a trial and she was interrogated, she knew nothing and never expected such a result,” Jimin spoke, his head resting against the window frame as his eyes flew close.

 

“And why is Sehun still bounded to him then?” Jungkook asked, wondering why they allowed such a thing to happen.

 

Jimin simply bit his lip and turned to look at his hands, there was a tribal tattoo wrapped around his wrist. The way the boy looked at it almost seemed nostalgic and regretful, above all, it was hateful.

 

“He is bound to protect Hanbin for eternity, Chief Sehun was punished for his crimes with the bond, and our laws take those crimes very seriously,” Jimin spoke, his voice just as lost as his gaze that was fixed onto the tribal mark on his wrist.

 

“Chief or Captain?” Jungkook asked, getting confused at the fact that he has heard everyone refer to Sehun as Chief but also as Captain.  

 

“Sehun is a Captain, he has his own pack. But in the entire academy, he is the alpha, he became the strongest and the fastest. For that, he is the Howl Chief of the academy, the leader of all the packs. I tend to switch on what to call him,” Jimin spoke, his voice had lightened up as his shoulders relaxed a bit.

 

The subject had a heavy burden on him, and Jungkook didn’t know where the burden derived from and he wasn’t sure he could ask.

 

“To answer your question, I don’t think they will kill Lieutenant Mikey. They went through all the trouble to develop a poison and bargain it’s antidote for her freedom. They took her for a reason, and for whatever reason, they need her alive,” Jimin spoke, his voice soft and hopeful.

 

The assurance of his voice cradling this fear inside of Jungkook and setting it to rest. If Jimin was correct, and Hanbin will never let death be taken from her, as long as Hanbin was alive, Minyoung’s life was not at risk.

 

But placing that hope into the hands of a psychopathic Dark Klan leader who has lost his sanity for the taste of power, was something he was not ready to do. He needed to do something, he needed to help free Minyoung.