House of Deals

House of Phoenix

Disclamer:

Half of the chapter is rated M due to violence. I will not rate the chapter M due to the fact that only one small section has violence. In my opinion, it's not bad (like Hungar Games level) but I would still advise you to read with caution. At the same time, this chapter works as a small taste for the action I have in mind, there will be a few rated M chapters because the dark beings have no mercy...they are evil and dark. If you don't feel comfortable at the end of the chapter, then you might want to message me for the gist of a future rated M chapter if you want to continue the story.


right-curly-bracket.png

Chapter XX "House of Deals"   

   "I will be covered with wounds all over, but it's my fate." ~ Bangtan Boys 'Awake'  

 
 

“Yugyeom,” she spoke, her voice soft and broken, she didn’t know what to expect. She didn’t realize this, but she was subconsciously prepared to see Yugyeom hurt and wounded, or unconscious.

 

Before they left the Master Phoenix’s office, after telling Jungkook that she will not go through with the ritual that will keep Yugyeom physically protect from harm, he made her promise that she will do everything in her power to keep Yugyeom safe. She didn’t hesitate, she knew she would and she didn’t even need make the promise solid with a blood oath. She promised she will not act, nor eat, not breath if it meant Yugyeom getting hurt.

 

So, the moment they walked through the official light door that had materialized forever in her bedroom, she rushed to Yugyeom side. It felt to her as if she could not breath, she was a mere fish out of water and she would try until her last breath to find the ocean that will keep her alive, the ocean being Yugyeom.

 

“Hey, I wasn’t expecting you here,” the boy spoke, his voice full of life and surprise. He was happy to see her, considering he hasn’t seen her for a couple of days. She had called him, asking where he was and he told her, but he never expected herself to show up in person. He didn’t protest, his entire body was soaked to the bone in felicity at seeing her warm brown eyes.

 

“Woah, are you okay?” He spoke in amusement as a soft chuckle escaped his lips. Minyoung slightly tackled him, wrapping her arms around him as she needed the reassurance that he was okay. She took in the smell of his cologne as she muffled her nose into his neck. She needed to feel his warmth, to feel his heart beating.

 

“I was just having a bad day and needed to see you,” she mumbled as all Yugyeom did was groan softly, almost sympathetic, and he begun to ran his hand through her hair. It was his own way to comfort her, to sooth her.

 

“What can I do to make it better?” He asked, his voice soft and caring, truly wanting to make her feel better. He truly meant to take her misery or frustration away, and that only made blood rush to her cheeks. Minyoung simply smiled, feeling his fake black gages poking her cheek.

 

“How about not poke me with your piercings,” she mumbled with amusement as she pulled away, laughter bubbling in her stomach. The smell of his cologne simply filling her senses and curling her fingers in delight, he was safe.

 

“Excuse me, could you tell me if there are any other seizes for a specific pair,” a costumer spoke. Their voice welcoming and soft as Minyoung cleared and stepped back. Yugyeom was still at work and she interrupted his labor.

 

“Yes, what seize are you looking for?” He asked, sticking to that friendly and approachable tone he always has at work.

 

As soon as the costumer turned around to start heading to where the pair they wanted was located, Yugyeom placed his hand softly on her waist and turned her around briefly. She knew what was coming and knew it was his own idealism of comforting her further. He kissed her sweetly and softly, smiling as he excused himself and whispering he won’t take long.

 

“He’s so cute, now I know why you chose him,” the wicked voice spoke. The words ran down her back as if it was cold rain water, it made her shiver and her entire heart stopped beating. She felt her feet frozen as she’s never felt this type of fear in decades.

 

“Hanbin,” she muttered, her voice shaken as her eyes widen in shock. Dark beings have never been able to get to the human world. It is impossible for him to be here.

 

The boy nodded and simply walked in front of her, stepping out from behind her so she could see that he was in fact there. That he, a dark being, was in fact standing in the human world. That the rite of passage to enter the human world, that was snatched away from Dark beings, had in fact been overwritten.

 

He looked at her with a neutral face, the same face she saw a couple of hours ago, except that the dark mark on his temple had grown in seize. The dark mark was a brand, a brand only given to the most elite and trusted members of the Dark Klan. He was one of the leaders of misery and chaos and that mark, served to prove it. Why it was now bigger and dipped down and curled under his cheek bones, was out of the question for her to even think about.

 

His pitch-black eyes were back to what they once were, they were no longer pools of complete darkness, she could see the white of his eyes. She stared at those familiar dark brown eyes she remembered staring at every day.

 

“Hello love, I missed you. It’s been what, three hours and I just couldn’t help but find a way to see you,” he spoke, his voice sarcastic but there was a truth to them that he didn’t even realize or did realize, and that is why he chose to show it.

 

The vein on his temple clenched, the way it always has when he was nervous, he was too transparent for her liking. He was showing her what she was always hoping for, that a part of the old Hanbin was there and she still knew every little thing about him, and that is exactly what he wanted.

 

“How?” It was all her mind could say, all her lost voice and shaking lips could make out. She was scared, having him here will make it difficult to protect both Yugyeom and Jungkook. And part of her simply despises seeing him or even hearing his name. Even more after what he did to Sehun, especially after what he did to him.

 

He smiled, a smile that was dipped in the darkest of poisons as he leaned against the counter.

 

“You see love,” he paused, too engrossed on how trapped he knew Minyoung felt. “I always loved calling you love more than sweetheart. You see love, I wasn’t joking when I said you underestimate the power of the Darkness,” he spoke, his taunting and mocking voice causing anger to be pumped all throughout her body.

 

“Spare me your riddles, do you think I will stand down after you deliberately broke Sehun’s seal?” She practically spat, fury driving all her words. She wanted to feel his throat under her curled fingers, to see his mouth covered in blood and wishing he never used the bond Sehun has to hurt him.

 

“No, but I’m here with back up. Why do you think a costumer pulled your boyfriend away and I came in?” He asked, already knowing she wanted to pin him down and make a painting with his blood. “Look love, I don’t want to hurt him, I much rather hurt you directly. Besides, it’s you I’m here for, not that pathetic human,” he spoke, his words cold like the ice he could control. But it as the earnestness in his voice that cut her even more.

 

“What can you possibly want with me?” She spoke through gritted teeth and in her native language.

 

“You’re the one who figured out why we wanted Nimbus’ soul, take a wild guess,” he spoke, his jaw clenching as he basically saw the gears in her head turning. He felt satisfied when her eyes grew in seize, finally landing her guesses on the bullseye.

 

“Go find your vessel somewhere else,” she grumbled, her voice shaken and in disbelief. Hanbin and his gang had gone for Nimbu’s soul to put it in another body. Nimbus obviously had information the Darkness wanted and they need a body to put the soul in, and Hanbin was looking at that body with blood lusting eyes

 

“I would love to, I wouldn’t want the soul of that that stupid girl inside of your body. But they are the Darkness’ orders. It wants you to be the vessel, besides, we can be together again, wouldn’t you want that love?” He spoke, his venomous voice spilling out as he reached out and briefly creased her cheek. He gulped, holding up his strong façade but as his need for chaos was buzzing his head, his heart raced at the touch.

 

“Go screw yourself Hanbin. I’m not a vessel, and you’re the one who left. I begged for you to not let darkness consume you but you didn’t listen. I was freed from my love to you and I have nothing but hatred left,” she spoke, rejecting his mockery because that was all his gesture was. Mockery.

 

Hanbin gulped, dropping his hand heavily and in emphasis.

 

“Ouch, a simple no would have been efficient,” he spoke, his voice reaching a higher tone as he looked offended. The desire to attack him were growing, she knew he would never stand with a simple no. She hated how he acted, he always looked so put together and that only made his desire for chaos and death to simply look like an actor playing an insane man.

 

“No,” she spoke harshly. The only problem with the way he acted was that he was not an actor, he truly was drowning in the darkest ocean of insanity that stripped him of everything.

 

“I’m sorry but that answer is not valid. Don’t make me hurt your little boyfriend, the ghoul I sent to distract him eats dinner at six. It is five forty-nine,” he spoke, his teeth as he pouted and held out a watch. He was easily pretending, sarcastically showing, his deep sadness for having to hurt Yugyeom.

 

She begun to think, it would take less than that to make a scene. To try and get a large crowd gathered and flush Yugyeom out of the back. Once he is in plain sight, she could put everyone to sleep and fight her way out of this mess, killing the ghoul was easy, fighting Hanbin was the tricky part.

 

“You can’t fight your way out of this one. I’ll make you a deal if you agree to come with me. I will leave your boyfriend alone, we leave that Mortal Phoenix of yours alone and as a bonus,” he spoke, his lips drenched in venom as they have carved the most vicious smile out of his intoxicated lips.

 

He was revealing all his cards, so convinced he had the winning hand.

 

“I will give Bubbles the antidote to the poison that is eating Sehun’s seal and a replenishing cream to recover the seal. I know right, such an amazing deal,” he spoke, his soft words exaggerating his deal. He revealed himself which was either stupid of him, or he had truly has won already.

 

“You want to know where the icicle is, don’t you?” She spoke, having her own mind folding into this game. Master Aqua was a genius with medicine but, the Darkness developed the poison. A poison like that doesn’t just have an antidote, it was created to get the Darkness what they want knowingly that they are the only ones who can offer the antidote.

 

“Among others, but come on love, don’t make me damage that pretty-little face that I loved seeing every day,” he spoke, his reckless mind wanting to reach out again and touch her but he noticed that look in her face.

 

“You’re thinking. I have a pack of twelve surrounding the area, they have cornered all your wolves. All the council members are spread out covering every area protecting the icicle. I am immune to your snake bites, your only backup is far off and the love of your life is standing before you,” he spoke, not giving her any room to think of an escape route and causing her mind to go blank once he reminded her that he was the love of her life.

 

“Oh yeah, and that idiot human could be eaten by a ghoul any moment now so, tell me love. What are you going to do?” He asked, his laughter drawing out every ounce of assurance she had left. His words only adding pressure and his eyes pushing her against the wall.

 

~*~*~*~*~

(the end of this section is where it gets a little violent, again, I think its Hunger Games level, but be cautious)

 

“You shouldn’t be talking about me behind my back like that,” the voice echoed painfully around the room.

 

“How the hell are you even here?” Junhoe didn’t let his heart beat once more, he was at his feet, his snake loosening its grip around his wrist. His body already in front of Jungkook, shielding him.

 

“No hello, aren’t you glad to see me Bubbles? It’s been what, three hours?” Hanbin spoke, he had a cane on his right hand and an area of dampness around his knee. His lip was bleeding and his brow had bits of dry blood. His awful state didn’t make Junhoe stiff, it was the name he used to call him.

 

“Don’t even play games Hanbin, and don’t call me that, ever,” he spat, his heart racing as his need to feel that boy’s blood splattered all over the floor increased. Even more when the image of Sehun in his hands, dying from Hanbin’s weapon creeped into Junhoe’s head.

 

“Well, Guppy, aren’t you going to answer the kid’s question?” Hanbin asked, placing emphasis on his actual name. The name the Master of Water had given him since his birth. Junhoe didn’t budge, not diving into Hanbin’s game.

 

Jungkook could see Hanbin through the gap between Junhoe’s arm and his body. He was still seated, the cup of coffee suddenly turning cold as his heart had stopped all at once. Something was wrong.

 

“Well you see kid, Kookie right?” Hanbin asked, knowing his name all too well but he simply leaned against the window frame. His hands piling on top of his cane as he leaned back, a smile creeping into his face.  “I used to be a light warrior, I used to be just as close to Sehun as Guppy and Mikey. I am Death Sider,” he spoke, his smile radiating the darkest of intentions as the simple name caused Junhoe’s anger to burst.

 

“Used to, not anymore,” Junhoe retorted, correcting Hanbin’s statement that felt like a disgrace to the image they have built for centuries.

 

“Harsh, I thought once a Death Sider always a Death Sider.” Hanbin placed his hand on his heart, acting as if he was hurt only to laugh in the pit of darkness he was drowning in. “Sehun’s punishment, for his crimes when he was a dark wolf, was the bound to the Death Siders, the team that took him in. Me included and a bond like that doesn’t go away just because my allegiance changed,”

 

“Enough Hanbin, why are you here? You know on Earth soil, if blood is spilled, no war can be initiated,” Junhoe had enough of him talking. His snake transformed as Hanbin looked amused at the pipes around the room that carried water creaked. There was water for Junhoe to bend and he had no ice, the odds stacked against him, but that’s what he wanted Junhoe to think.

 

“That would scare me if I cared, but I’m here with a message,” Hanbin spoke, his long and slender finger moving up and down as if he was speaking a great idea. He didn’t care if Junhoe decided to kill him, what was done was done. The Darkness will adjust without him, even more when they had Mikey and the key to the Mortal Phoenix.

 

“Yugyeom,” Jungkook whispered, a realization hitting him. They had known of his location, and his state only meant he was involved in a fight. Minyoung being the most likely to have bruised him up but the fact that he was here meant she lost.

 

His breathing hitched, his heart raced and his entire body curled in one frozen shiver. There was no way that Minyoung could lose to him, not while Yugyeom’s life was at stake. Jungkook felt his throat swell as there was a desire to jump in and pry the answer out of Hanbin himself. Minyoung promised, something happened to her.

 

“Ah, you are so smart. Mikey will be leaving with me, so you might want to find someone to erase her existence from that boy’s mind because she isn’t coming back,”

 

“What did you do?” Junhoe demanded, launching forward, and pinning Hanbin against the wall by the throat. The golden weapon pressed hard against his neck but, Hanbin still had enough power to laugh.

 

“Kidnap. Wait, no, she actually agreed to give herself up for the Kookie kid, that idiot of a human boyfriend and this,” he spoke, the most devilish and demonic smile appearing on his face as he pulled out a bottle from his pocket.

 

“You will not be leaving with her,” Junhoe spat, not interested in why she gave herself up for or what he was leaving behind for kidnap her. He will not stand for it, he’ll kill Hanbin before he could even give any order to take her away.

 

“Ah, I wouldn’t do that. You see, that is a treatment cream for Sehun’s seal. It took us forever to develop it but we finally got it to work. It won’t work without the antidote for the poison, if I die here, the antidote will never get to you. The antidote is on one of my twelve wolves that have your pack surrounded and will be handed over to one of your wolves when I give the orders,” Hanbin spoke, his only insurance for his life being that a wolf will consume the only antidote for the poison if Hanbin doesn’t verbally give the orders in the next hour.

 

“What are you playing at?” Junhoe asked through gritted teeth, staring at those devilish eyes, suppressing his deep desire of breaking his neck.

 

“Gosh I missed you Bubbles,” Hanbin spoke, daring to say that name again. He knew Junhoe was a mess of emotions, even more when he called him by the precious nickname he gave the water being. He used the opportunity to kick the boy off, and he dusted off his shoulder.

 

“The only way the Darkness will give Mikey back is for an exchange, a good exchange.” He peered deeply at the Mortal Phoenix. “Have fun training Kookie kid, I know I will be seeing you in the future,” he spoke, knowing the words will haunt him for days because he was the reason they were taking Mikey.

 

“You son of a ,” Junhoe spat, launching forward. He had realized that Minyoung had done what needed to be done to keep Jungkook and Yugyeom away from the darkness and to keep Sehun alive. He was letting Hanbin walk away alive for the hell of them three, but that didn’t mean he could not break a few bones.

 

“Death Siders always are hungry for blood,” Hanbin screamed, his throat releasing a laugh as he felt his knee give in. Junhoe had pushed him down onto the floor, and a loud crack echoed in the room, it sounded as if someone had broken a tree branch.

 

“Never forget why we got our name,” Junhoe spoke, his throat aching as all he saw was red. Hanbin’s life finally in his hands, and he could easily crush it.

 

He assumed that Minyoung didn’t give in easily, they were taking her by force. Only she could have made Hanbin crawl there in a cane. And he wasn’t going to let him walk away without reminding him, they were called the Death Siders for a reason. The highest kill count of monsters in the academy.

 

Hanbin’s knee was snapped in half. Jungkook felt his stomach turn as his eyes flew shut hearing Hanbin released another scream and cackle as blood crashed onto the floor and more bones were broken like twigs.

 

“See you in the warzone,” Hanbin laughed being able to slip out as Junhoe was frozen on the spot, war was yet to be declared. And Hanbin just assured him there will be one.

 

This was their plan, Junhoe could break as many bones and even stab Hanbin in the heart, but the truth was that he was still immortal and he would heal. Hanbin intended to walk away alive, he had intended to harm Sehun to give him something to bet for Minyoung’s freedom. He had leverage because he knew that Minyoung and Junhoe would stand down if Sehun, Jungkook and Yugyeom’s lives were hanging on the edge of the cliff.

 

And that is exactly what Hanbin did.

 

There was a bigger plan at stake, they wouldn’t just kidnap Minyoung for the hell of it. She was a pawn, a simple wave in a hurricane of chaos that was approaching.