suprise visit

kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

    “HYUNG!” 

 

    That was all the warning that Sunggyu got, while lounging on the couch and watching a drama, before a pink fluffy blur came flying and collided into him.

 

    “Woohyun.” Sunggyu's voice was stern, but his face probably betrayed him as soon as he set his sights on his boyfriend’s puppy face. Especially when said boyfriend was in his fluffy pink sweater that Sunggyu hated (loved).

 

    “Hyung, I missed you!” Woohyun exclaimed as he snuggled into the crook of Sunggyu’s neck.

 

    “…. I saw you less than half an hour ago, before your shower.”

 

    “Well, I missed you while I was in the shower!” Woohyun’s face looked innocent enough, but then he felt a warm hand sliding up his abdomen underneath his oversized shirt.

 

    “Woohyun—“ Sunggyu was interrupted by the doorbell, and so he abruptly stood up from the couch to go get the door, leaving a pouty Woohyun on the floor.

 

    “… Mom? What are you doing here?”

 

    Woohyun's face immediately lit up as he scrambled for the door. He loved Sunggyu’s mom — believe it or not, they had similar personalities so they got along well.

 

    “Auntie!” Woohyun was engulfed in a warm hug as soon as he got to the door.

 

    “Sure mom, hug your son’s boyfriend before hugging your actual son.”

 

    “Oh honey, I’ve had to face you for the last 20 years, but I only met Woohyun recently!” Sunggyu’s mom exclaimed while still hugging Woohyun, who didn’t mind this at all and was even sticking out his tongue at Sunggyu.

 

    “Whatever.” Sunggyu just rolled his eyes and walked away to go flop down on the couch again so that he could be what he was best at — a couch potato. “A few years ago is not recently.” He mumbled, but the happy pair could not hear him (or perhaps they didn’t care), as Woohyun helped bring the bags of groceries that Sunggyu’s mom had brought with her into the kitchen.

 

——

 

    “Woohyun, do you know what Sunggyu’s favourite food is?” Sunggyu’s mom asked as she laid out her groceries on the counter top.

 

    “Spicy pork bibimbap! What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t know?” Woohyun grinned from ear to ear, and Sunggyu’s mom mirrored his grin.

 

    “Correct! Now, do you know how to make it?”, she challenged. At that, Woohyun’s grin was wiped off his face.

 

    “No.” A frown was etched on the boy’s face now, but only for a split second because then the grin was back. “Can you teach me, Auntie?” Woohyun asked excitedly.

 

    “What did you think I was here for?”

 

——

 

    “Okay, first things first, can you cut up this pork for me, Woohyun-ah?” Woohyun’s mom set up the cutting board for Woohyun and placed the raw meat on it. Lucky for Woohyun, he wasn’t squeamish with touching meat (but Sunggyu was). Woohyun nodded and reached into the cupboard drawer for a pair of kitchen scissors, and began cutting up the pork. However, he stopped when he heard Sunggyu’s mother giggling behind him.

 

    “What? Am I doing something wrong?”

 

    “Well honey, you’re cutting the pork like I asked, but,” Sunggyu’s mom reached into another drawer for a knife, “you’re supposed to use this instead.” Woohyun just gave her a sheepish smile before taking the knife she was handing to him and started to cut up the pork into (uneven) pieces.

 

    “Good job, Woohyun-ah. With some practice, you’ll be a great cook.” Sunggyu’s mom priased, and Woohyun laughed in response.

 

    “I’m sure Sunggyu would love it if I could cook him all his favourite food. You’ll have to teach me though! I think the only thing I know how to cook is instant noodles… oh and scrambled eggs!” 

 

    “Of course I will. It’d be a pleasure to teach my future son-in-law, hm?” Sunggyu’s mom took over after Woohyun was finished cutting up the pork and put the meat into a bowl to marinate. Woohyun didn’t say anything but instead, his face reddened as a blush overtook his cheeks. Sunggyu’s mom only chuckled at the other’s cute response.

 

    “Can you wash and cook the rice while I marinate this, Woohyun-ah?”

 

    “Got it!” Woohyun proceeded to do as asked and after he was finished, he stood by the stove to watch Sunggyu’s mom for a bit as she fried the pork.

 

    “Done with the rice? Wash and cut up these vegetables.” Sunggyu’s mom handed Woohyun some carrots, onions, bean sprouts and a cucumber. Woohyun did as he was asked (tears from his eyes from the onions included), but when he got to the cucumber he stood staring at it for a while.

 

    “What’s wrong?” Sunggyu’s mom had finished frying the pork and was watching in amusement at Woohyun having a staring match with the cucumber.

 

    “I don’t know how to cut the cucumber…..”

 

——

 

    “Wow, everything smells so good!” Sunggyu surprised Woohyun in the kitchen while he was boiling the vegetables by wrapping his arms around his waist.

 

    “You’re finally off your lazy ? Make yourself useful and scoop the rice into the bowls, Kim Sunggyu.” Sunggyu’s mom scored him.

 

    “Fine, fine.” Sunggyu found the rice paddle in the cupboard and went to open the lid to the rice cooker but was met with a surprise. “Um… mom I don’t think the rice cooked.”

 

    “What happened? Woohyun was the one in charge of the rice.”

 

    “You idiot!” Sunggyu smacked Woohyun on the head with the rice paddle. “You forgot to turn the rice cooker on!”

 

    “Oops?”

 

——

 

    It was late in the evening when dinner was finally ready (with much grumbling and whining from couch potato Sunggyu about being hungry), and the three sat around the dinner table.

 

    “Let’s eat!” Sunggyu was clearly eager to dig in, and immediately after saying that, he started stuffing his face.

 

    “Be careful and don’t choke!” It was Woohyun who spoke with a worried voice, while Sunggyu’s mom just rolled her eyes at her son’s behaviour.

 

    “This is really good!” Sunggyu shot a bright smile at Woohyun. “You better have remembered the recipe because I’m going to be forcing you to make this for me every week.”

 

    “Um…” 

 

    Sunggyu’s mom detected Woohyun's uneasiness, “Don’t worry, Woohyun-ah, I wrote out the recipe and stuck it on the fridge.”

 

    “Thank you, Auntie! You’re the best!” Woohyun shot finger hearts at Sunggyu’s mom, who couldn’t help but smile brightly and send some back his way. Sunggyu; however, hit Woohyun’s hands with his chopsticks. 

 

    “Stop it and start eating, or I’m going to eat your serving too!”

 

    “Okay, I’m eating, I’m eating!”

 

——

 

    It was late into the night, and Sunggyu’s mom had left a while ago. After Sunggyu finished showering, he joined Woohyun on their shared bed and cuddled up to him, burying his face into the crook of his boyfriend’s neck.

 

    “Thanks for making dinner today. It was delicious.” Woohyun was surprised, because it was rare that Sunggyu praised him so sincerely. He decided not to question it but just appreciate this side of his boyfriend. It didn’t appear often.

 

    “No problem. I’m going to practice and practice and become so great at cooking you’ll never want to eat out again.”

 

    “Yeah, good luck with that.”

 

——

 

    True to his word, Sunggyu did indeed ask Woohyun to make him spicy pork bibimbap at least once every week from that day on for a few months. Not that it was a bad thing, because Woohyun got lots of practice making the dish. Woohyun then proceeded to learn to cook many other dishes, but for some reason, Sunggyu always seemed to like his spicy pork bibimbap the best. Woohyun had tried to teach Sunggyu once so that he could make it for himself, but once was enough. Even under Woohyun’s supervision, Sunggyu almost managed to burn down the kitchen, and Woohyun never, ever wanted to risk that ever again.

 

——

A/N: Yay my first fic in this collection! I hope you all like it ;w; btw all the fics in this collection are gonna be minimal effort/things I write for fun, so I apologize for that in advance!

A/N #2: I got inspiration for Woohyun's fail cooking from Jay and Wooyoung (2PM) trying to cook on that one variety show from eons ago LOL click here, if you want to watch