a beauty on valentines

Caramel macchiato 카라멜 마키아토

Mihae and Jemi met up again in the morning. Mihae, being the beauty expert, took care of Jemi's hair and make up.


First, she removed those hideous glasses and replaced with contacts, bringing out Jemi's beautiful doll like eyes.


Then she put on eyeliner, fake eyelashes and mascara on her, totally turning Jemi into a beauty with just her eyes!


Jemi had pretty good complexion so a bit of BB cream was enough to cover the blemishes. Mihae then took out the outfit both of them chose together yesterday and while Jemi was changing, mihae searched for a bag to go along with her outfit.


She dug around the many plastic bags and was surprised when she opened one to find a toy. Not just any toy. A disgusting purple toy.


"a ?! YAH, JEMI! WHEN DID YOU BUY THIS? WHY DIDN'T I NOTICE!!!" she shrieked, holding the disgusting toy away from her using two fingers.


Jemi poked her head out of the bathroom. "huh?" she said and tilted her head in confusion. She then walked out of the bathroom in her outfit and went closer to the purple thingy mihae was holding.


"what's that? I don't remember you buying this for me, mihae. But it looks familiar.... Where did I see a picture of this before? Was it in biology....?" Jemi searched her mind, frowning.


"you...you didn't buy it? Then who...?" mihae also scrunched her face up, recalling that day's events. She then thought of the player making out with the girl in public and her eyes widened.


*DAMN! This belongs to him!!* she scowled again *of all people, why him?! Damn!* she hit her forehead with her palm ( YEAH! Face palm! Hehe! ^^ )

Looking over at her innocent best friend who was still thinking, she sighed and wondered how to break the news to her. Jemi heard the sigh and turned to mihae.


"is anything the matter?" she asked. Mihae rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. She didn't want to pollute her innocent mind. "uh...this bag of things belongs to woohyun and....um....you should pass this to him."


"why me, mihae?" "ummm.... OH! he called us grandmas and I think you look beautiful! You should go rub it in his face!" mihae thought, grinning at her smart idea.


Jemi pouted. "that's not very nice..." "he should pay for insulting you like that! Take a look in the mirror! You can be prettier than Yoona!" Jemi smiled widely and nodded. Mihae just breathed a sigh of relief.

Then Jemi glanced at the clock and shrieked. Mihae jumped and looked at Jemi.


"bwoya?!" she yelled, clutching her surprised heart. "I'm going to be late for my coffee!" Jemi squealed and scrambled to get her shoes.


 Mihae sighed, she rolled her eyes and quickly picked out a purple bag to match Jemi's outfit.

 

 


**********************

The school hallway was specially decorated on that day. You could see lollipops with heart shapes taped on some locker doors (dream high ftw!!) and some edges of love letters sticking out from the gap below the locker door.


Everyone wore their own clothes and the girls all looked beautiful with their hair styled. The queenkas strutted in the hallway with Yoona in the lead, their faces caked with even more make up they put on, on a daily basis.


Boys started rushing out from all directions, presenting their nicely wrapped gifts and begging the queenkas to accept them. Yoona was receiving the most gifts again and she was proud of that.


She smirked and winked at the guys, sending them into a series of whoops.

Mihae and Jemi walked into the school gate after locking jemi's bicycle outside. They knew that the hallway would be crowded and decided to head somewhere else instead.


They always go there on valentines day every year to escape the crowd and sometimes hangout there after school.

"Jemi ah, don't forget to pass the bag to woohyun later okay?" mihae reminded and Jemi nodded, and eagerly pulled mihae's hand. "come on! Let's go write out wishes for this year on the wall!"


mihae chuckled and allowed herself to be dragged into a secret abandoned tunnel at the top corner of the school hill.

They came here every year ever since they came to this school and the wall was filled with wishes for the past years and random doodles all done by the pair.


Jemi giggled and pulled out a pink marker, writing "I wish to fall in love with someone beautiful inside and out." while mihae wrote "to find my other half" they then exchanged glances after looking at each others' wishes and laughed.

"Jemi ah, tell me seriously, which guy do you fancy in this school?" mihae said, plopping herself down on the ground and hugging her knees.


Jemi did the same and replied "I don't know. I'm not very noticed in this school you know? We're not hated but not loved either. We are just...there. At least the boys notice you because you're  pretty. I am just average looking."


"yah! What average looking? You are simply a piece of art, Jemi! You are beautiful!" mihae stood up and grabbed her bag. "come on Jemi, we still have to pass woohyun his bag of erted toys."


"?? erted toys??" Jemi asked, confused. "OH! Uh, nothing!! Let's go!" mihae covered up her mistake and the both of them made their way to the hallway.


They used to just stay in the tunnel until the school bell rang. But this time, they hand to hand over something to woohyun and so they had to face the crowd in the hallway.


"there he is! Go, I'll secretly take a video and capture his surprised look when he sees how beautiful you are!" mihae nudged Jemi and pushed her in front. It was Jemi's first time giving something to a popular person.


Even though it wasn't a gift from herself, she still felt super super nervous. With her heart hammering against her ribcage, she walked up to woohyun and extended the arm holding the plastic bag.


"uh...uh... I...this... This is yours!" she stuttered.