epilogue

S T A Y

 


 

EPILOGUE

 


 

 

--- 5 years later ---

 

“Welcome to South Korea, enjoy your stay!” the stewardess bowed at the passenger going out of the airplane. I walked leisurely, knowing that i don’t have any rush at all.

I am now officially a pediatrician. And i am coming back to Korea for good.

How’s life? Well, it’s been tough. It’s really tiring with all the studies, assignments, night shifts, and everything else you can’t even imagine.

But that’s not what you wanna know right?

Chanyeol and i… i guess you can say we’re still in a relationship. Yes, we didn't talk much to each other anymore. Both of us has been too busy, and with the 13 hours time difference, we’re pretty much lost. We barely even send a ‘good morning’ or a ‘good night’ once a week. But never, ever, has the word ‘breakup’ been said. Until now i’d still like to believe that he is waiting for me.

 

I walked out of the airport without looking around cause i thought i’d simply take a cab back to my apartment. I mailed Chanyeol the details to my flight back a few days ago, but he didn't reply until now so i thought he hasn't open them at all.

 

“OIIII!! (Y/N)!!!” I heard someone called my name. The voice was familiar… but…

“Baekhyun??“ i frown my eyes, making sure i was looking at the right face.

“Ya! (Y/N)! Over here!” he waved his hands, asking me to go over and i did.

“Baek? What are you d-...” my words were not finished cause my vision were suddenly dark. Someone has covered my eyes with a piece of clothing and Baekhyun was locking my hands.

“Sorry, noona,” another familiar voice from behind me, the one tying the cloth behind my head right now.

“Jongin?” i asked again, confused by now.

“I’ll take this,” another voice, and i felt my luggage being taken away.

“Sehun!?”

“Don’t worry, we got you,” another one.

“Junmyeon, what is this?!” i started to panic as he held my shoulders and started pushing me for a walk.

“Annyeong, (Y/N)-ah, i’m sorry it has to be like this,” the owner of this voice took my hand and pull me forward.

“Kyungsoo~!” i whine, he’s usually not up to these kind of stuff! Why is he here too!?

Where are they taking me? What the hell is happening?!?

I have no idea who, but someone put on a headset in my ears and tilted it around, making sure it fits my ears.

Soon, another voice ever so familiar echoed through the earpiece.

“(Y/F/N). Hello,” the voice paused.

 

If not for Junmyeon and Kyungsoo that’s still pushing me to walk, i might’ve just freeze where i stood and cried on the spot. I bit my lips to quiet myself from squealing. I can’t believe my ears. It’s him. It’s his voice. The voice soft against my ears. The voice i craved most.

 

Park Chanyeol.

 

Park freakin Chanyeol is talking to me.

“How are you?” his voice continued.

“Not fine since your friends started kidnapping me,” i muttered to myself.

 

And also cause i missed you too much.

 

“My friends are probably taking you somewhere right now. I want you to trust them okay?” he took a deep breath in his pause. “I.. uh.. How do i do this?” i could picture him scratching his un-itchy head perfectly. Oh how i missed you, giant.

“Angel, um.. I know we haven’t talk that much lately. I don’t know how you’ve been, i don’t know what you’ve been doing lately, and for goodness sake! I don’t ev-... What if you have a boyfriend?” i can’t help but smile to myself.

 

Yes i have one, silly. It’s you!’

 

“No, you wouldn't do that, would you? I still believe in you…”

“(Y/N)-ah, i’m still here, you know? I’m still waiting for you… I haven't forgot my promise.

“And i also haven't forgot how i first met you.” he chuckled a bit. Memories started playing in my head. That day we met. Oh, who would forget it? Unconsciously, i chuckled too.

“How i refused your help cause i didn’t believe that you’re a doctor even when i really needed help. How you scolded me and shoved that oxygen mask to my face. How our fight caused a commotion backstage. How you looked so small in those white coat. I remember you were wearing a sky blue blouse with a pair of black trousers… And your smile. How you smile at the end of our performance. That smile. That sincere smile. I remember how i instantly thought to myself; i want to keep that smile.

“Then you said ‘yes’ to becoming my girlfriend. One of the happiest day in my life. How you managed to be patient with me, staying with me through my ups and downs, through my best and my worst. I have no idea how you did that. But thank you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for giving me strength. Thank you for staying. Thank you for trusting me. With you, my life has been colorful. With you, my life has been meaningful. A thousand ‘thank you’s would not even be enough to tell you my gratitude towards you.

“Being with you has taught me a lot. You taught me how to be myself. You taught me how to accept myself the way i am. You taught me how to take control over myself. You taught me the meaning of trust. You taught me the meaning of patience… most of all, you taught me love.

“(Y/N)-ah…” this time there was quite a long pause. That’s when i realized that tears has escaped my eyes, the cloth covering my eyes were damp. And that i had stop moving; one by one the hands guiding me started leaving.

 

“You’re every song i sing. You’re every road i take. You… are my everything,”

 

With that, the blindfold that’s been keeping me at the darkness was released.

 

And there he was. Stood in front of me, just barely five steps away. Park Chanyeol. Chanyeol himself in person. He was dressed in formal attire; suit and tie and all, perfectly blanket his posture. Though, I think he gained some weight. He was holding a bouquet of red roses and pure white baby’s breaths. My favorite flowers. His hair was up but not messy. His face. Those eyes. How i’ve missed them. How i’ve missed this guy.  It’s him. It’s really him.

“Annyeong, (Y/F/N),” he smile and took a step closer to me. My whole body froze. Tears were running down my cheeks by now, even when i can’t stop smiling.

“It’s been a long time, hasn’t it? Well. Here i am, still waiting for you, still yours truly. And here we are,” he finally reach just before me, and handed me the bouquet.  His eyes never left mine. My face were probably as red as the roses by now. Embarrassed, and touched. He did all this for me. Just for me.

“I have loved you. I still love you. And i will always love you,” he took my right hand in his. I’m finally holding him again. These calloused tips. These popped up veins. These spaces between his fingers. Him. Just him.

“This time, i promise that I would stay with you and cherish you for the rest of my life.” he continued as his right hand took something out of his pocket.

A small velvet box. Oh lord.

 

The box opened.


 

“(Y/F/N)... “ his right knee touched the ground.


 

“Will you marry me?”