8%

Major Action For Ideal Advancement (M.A.F.I.A.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The flight ended and Seunghyun convinced Hyemi she could stay in his guest room for at least the week. The girl was still so muddled brained with no real plans that she couldn’t do anything besides accept his offer. The jet landed and from what Hyemi could see out the window, they were now in a hangar in the midst of a wide open field. She waited in her seat until her friend beside her arose, following his actions.

 

As they passed through the cabin, she noticed everyone else had left before them. She felt a bit relieved, not wanting to see any of their faces again. Hyemi either walked beside or behind Seunghyun as they exited the plane and entered the back of a well kept old school car, the black paint polished to a perfect shine that gleamed with the the evening sunset as they got in. The girl still felt upset as she sat beside her friend in the back of a way too dark vehicle.

 

He tried to start a conversation, but she only responded with short answers. Now knowing that he wasn’t the best kind of guy, she wondered what going around with him would be like. What was going on was still so dumb to her but she did her best to it up and tough it out.

 

The driver took them through the paved path out of the fields and avoided the highway, inside going through several residential roads. With windows tinted so dark and the day’s sun almost gone, Hyemi could barely see her hand in front of her face, let alone make out the figures of the average homes and occasional apartment complex running past outside the glass. She leaned back in head seat and took in the quiet that filled the car, doing her best to push out all the questions stuck in her brain.

 

Sooner rather than later, the car stopped. The girl opened her eyes and saw dots of light showing up from outside. She looked over at Seunghyun who was now stepping out of the vehicle, starting to do the same. Just as she pushed out on the handle, she felt the door go stiff, only to look up and see the man once beside her now opening it. Wordless, she stepped out and looked at the building before her.

 

They had pulled up to the end of the long driveway, but a quick glance behind her showed that the pavement ran up in a curve surrounding a long yard, providing for much room between the home and the street it held a spot in. She let out a breath as the man came from behind her, placing his arm around her. He led her towards the well crafted multi-storied home, it’s exterior a shimmering white against the darkening sky. Several lights lined the walkway up, a short few steps letting them go up to the elevated porch that was blank besides some...modern art? Hyemi wasn’t able to really get a good look as she was ushered inside.

 

The inside was spacious, the first thing being a double staircase that lead up to the second floor. The girl didn’t really care too much about how it all looked, wanting to just get to a place she could be alone to sort her thoughts and strategie a game plan. As if hearing her thoughts, Seunghyun lead her up the right sided flight of stairs, telling her that there was a room ready just down the hall of his study. She knew that he had an irregular sleep schedule, but the yawns he was trying to suppress told her he was as tired as her.

 

They went down a hall, took a turn, down another short hall and finally turned into an already lit room. It was pretty basic in decoration, but the size itself competed with the apartment she grew up in with her mother. As Seunghyun told her she was free to stay for as long as she liked, the girl felt tempted to hug him. Just as a way to show appreciation. But then she remembered the predicament they were in, and just settled for a quick thank you. The man nodded and turned to leave the room. The girl looked around, feeling the awkward tension, hoping it would quickly dissolve as he made way down the hall.

 

With the door still open, Hyemi walked further in the room. Seeing the dresser beside her, a vanity across the room from that and a massive abstracting painting behind her bringing some color to the white walls hanging between the two sides. Against the wall in front of her was a queen sized bed already dressed with a cream comforter, two square pillows along with a body pillow. At the end of the wall next to the foot of the bed was an open door she stepped towards and noticed to be an entrance to a bathroom. Despite the floor already having carpet, there was still massive beige rug in the center.

 

The girl walked over to the bed, taking off her bag and resting it on the plush surface. She sat beside it and pulled out her phone, seeing it was already nearing nine at night. Footsteps sounded against the tile of the hall floor and her eyes went wide, hoping the person wouldn’t come in. Against her wishes, she saw a hand knock against the open door, the figure still hidden from her sight.

 

“...come in?”

 

With that entered a hefty middle-aged lady, dressed in a simple maids outfit with black skirt that reached past her ankles and a black with white ruffled top that concealed her upper half classily. She wore glasses with her silver hair tucked up in a bun, showing a soft smile as she took a few steps in the room.

 

“Ah, nice to meet you sweetheart. I’m Misses Kim, I help clean up around here. Do you need any assistance?”

 

The girl blinked and shook her head, not feeling comfortable taking anything from the stranger.

 

“Don’t be nervous dear,  it’s alright.” her voice spoke in calm tone that just made Hyemi’s eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter