2

Let's Get Physical

“You will not believe what happened to me today.” Minah grumbled as Ari and her entered the locker-room. Struggling to shove her keys in Minah let out an unearthly noise causing Ari to blink out of her daze and turn towards her friend.

“What did you say again?”

“ it. I publicly humiliated myself. But what I want to know is why you’re so twinkly eyed. I thought Kim Jongin was an old fart.”

Ari let out a laugh “Old fart is far from what he is,” she unlocked her locker, pulling out a fresh towel and heading over to the shower as Minah finally succeeded in unlocking her locker and following Ari and entering the adjacent cubicle “that man should be illegal.” Ari stated, remembering the dazzling smile with which he picked her, the first student to arrive as his partner for the day. She noticed the glares she had gotten from the ladies and a few men around her, and realized that she’d have to be early everyday to make sure he’d pick her as his partner again.

God damn did the man have smooth moves, he glided gracefully with her while she stumbled around, accidentally stepping on his feet and what not. She lathered the shower gel in her palms remembering how he took it all in his stride with the same dazzling smile on his face encouraging her to move more freely, showing all the other students how exactly he wanted them to move. She could feel the heat of his hands on the small of her back even now.

“Ari, you done?” Minah’s voice cut through her reverie as she flipped the knobs, halting the waterflow and suddenly remembering that Minah had something to say as well.

“Yeah, you said something had happened in the gym. Did you injure yourself or something?”

“Yeah, I did. My pride and my dignity.”

Ari rolled her eyes yet again “How bad could it have been? Did you fall off a treadmill and knock someone over? I doubt it. I’m sure you dropped a dumbbell and now you think it’s the end of the world. You need to calm down....why are you looking at me like that?”

“Well, because the former happened.” Minah replied as Ari gaped in horror.

“Holy mother of God, do you knock down an old lady?!”

“More like yanked an extremely attractive man down onto me.” Minah began to slowly bang her head against the lockers. Ari yanked her away by her T-shirt.

“How exactly did you manage that?”

“Malfunctioning treadmill, slipped off, tried to regain balance, yanked man by T-shirt. Apologised profusely. Bolted for my ing life.” Minah summarised, leaving out the fact that the man’s face was a lot like a cat’s and adorable as when he blushed and tried to keep a straight face as he got up and helped her up before checking her for any injuries.


“Kim Minah, you're an idiot.”

“Says captain googly eyes. I'm guessing you danced with Mr. illegal.”

“You make it sound like he's an alien who isn't legally here.”

“That's literally what you said Ari, ‘the man should be illegal’ your words, not mine!” Minah shrugged as she pushed the locker room door open with a grin, holding it for Ari to exit.

“You're going to have to see him to understand.” Ari explained, as Minah nodded..

“Okay boss. Just as long as I don't have to step into the gym.” Minah replied, as Ari prepared to roll her eyes again.

“Hey there!”a voice called causing the two to turn and Ari to freeze, Jongin hurried over to the two with a pair of earphones in his hands “ Ari right? You left these behind in the studio, please be careful with your stuff alright?” He smiled, handing them over to Ari who attempted to return the smile which ended up looked dreadfully awkward while Minah attempted to control her giggles. Jongin cleared his throat.

“You did well today, I'll see you next class!” He waved before hurrying back down the corridor completely unaware of Minah nudging Ari repeatedly and winking a billion times.

For some reason, Ari couldn’t wait to get back to the Health and Recreation Center.

Minah told her the reason was Kim Jongin.