The Final Four

The Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo couldn't sleep very well that night, tossing and turning as he dozed. When he did finally fall asleep, he had bad dreams, and by the next morning, he was exhausted. He figured that one reason he hadn't slept well was because Sungjong had slept away from him, instead of curling himself against his back, all because of his anger. Thinking about it now, he determined that he would fix that. Whatever had upset the younger man needed to be adressed, even if it meant a fight. He wouldn't let this go on any longer.

 

Standing up and stretching, he made his way over to Sungjong and shook his shoulder. Sungjong whined quietly, causing Myungsoo to smile slightly. When he finally opened his eyes, Myungsoo smiled at him. "Hey...can we talk? Everyone else will be awake soon, and I would like to have a word with you before then."

 

Sungjong stared at him, his eyes cold. "You did have more than a word just now. And yesterday." The pretty young man began to turn over, but also remembered his conversation with Hoya. Being upset with Myungsoo contradicted what he had told his brother about not wanting to lose Myungsoo. They were living day to day, and never knew what could happen. Sighing deeply, he frowned at Myungsoo. "Okay. Fine. Give me a few minutes and I'll go with you."

 

"Okay," Myungsoo watched as he stood up and walked off into the woods. He wasn't sure if he would come back, but he hoped he would.

 

After a few minutes, Sungjong returned, motioning to the water. "I need to wash the dirt from yesterday out of my hair. Let's go down to the water."

 

Myungsoo nodded, smiling. "Okay." He would have gone anywhere, if it gave him the chance to fix things.

 

They walked down to the water, wading in and wetting their hair. Myungsoo wasn't sure how to start the conversation, and was happy when Sungjong did it first. "You know, I thought we were carrying each other to the end for friendship." He stopped talking, and Myungsoo felt himself freeze up, unsure of what to say. He finally spoke, breaking the silence again.

 

"I am, but also because we're allies," Myungsoo now knew where Sungjong's anger was coming from, and he could understand it. "If you heard my conversation with Sungyeol, I didn't mean that we aren't friends. Sungyeol can be incredibly insistent about everything, and I wanted to deflect him. When I said we were just allies, I meant that there wasn't anything going on between us. I didn't mean for it to sound like we aren't friends, because I definitely do see you as a friend. In fact, I care about you more than I care about most people I know." He wanted to kick himself, since he was a very private person and didn't usually reveal things about himself and let others see his true se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter