The Best Reward

The Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Within the next week, Sungjong found himself growing closer to Myungsoo, despite his best efforts. He saw the other man as more than just an ally and he didn't regret it. He was also nervous, but relieved, since Amber and Krystal had both been voted off. He wasn't sure who had voted for Krystal, but he had a good idea. He would try to catch up with her, once they all got home from this.

 

Chansung had gotten worse, taking out his frustrations in sabotaging Sungjong and Myungsoo and trying his best to make their lives a living hell. There was one day when he had dumped out all of the water they had purified from the ocean, and they had gone to the challenge thirsty, causing Sungjong to nearly faint from exhaustion. Now they were alone, except for their alliance with Hyuk.

 

                                   *****

 

One morning, the stakes rose higher than they had been before, with the reward for this new challenge being a chance to see and talk to their loved ones. Sungjong was hugged tightly by his brother, Hoya, noticing that Myungsoo had been hugged by a tall, tan friend of him. That fact caused him to become jealous, determined to beat even him. He needed to see Hoya, and nothing else mattered, at the moment. They had been apart for too long and there was a lot to get caught up on.

 

The reward challenge was a narrow balance beam, leading downward to a maze they each had to slide five rubber balls through to get to the end. The person with the fastest time would win the most valuable reward yet, with the chance to take one other person with them. That meant that two people would get to see their loved ones and catch up with them.

 

The challenge began, and Sungjong flew through the first part, smiling as Chansung fell off of his beam, causing him to go back to the beginning. However, the second part was harder, and Sungjong began having more trouble as the balls fell off twice. Every time a ball fell out of the maze, he had to go back and walk over to beam again with the ball, breaking his concentration. Glancing at his friend, he noticed that Myungsoo was completely focused, sliding the balls through the maze easily. He made it look simple, completing the challenge only three minutes into it.

 

Mr. Henney announced that the challenge was over, confirming that Myungsoo had won the individual reward. He would be allowed to pick one other person to spend time with their loved one, so he went with the obvious choice. Sungjong smiled as he hugged Hoya again. He was relieved and grateful to Myungsoo for it, knowing this reward was very important. The others who weren't chosen still got to be around their loved ones long enough to complete the ellimination challenge, and Chansung was very happy when he won it, even though it didn't come with the reward. He would be safe for another day, causing Myungsoo and Sungjong to rethink their votes that evening.

 

                                 *****

 

As soon as the were allowed to have time alone, Myungsoo smiled at his visiting friend. "It's great to see you, Sungyeol. I've missed you so much! Things have been stressful here," he rolled his eyes. "I'll tell you all about it," he glanced at Chansung, who was currently talking to Luna, his only ally he had left. "Let's go somewhere private."

 

Sungyeol looked over at them, his eyes landing on Luna. "So, do you get along with her? She's hot!"

 

Myungsoo slapped him on the arm, giving his friend a dirty look. "No, I don't, and even if I did, she's competition, ."

 

Sungyeol laughed, shaking his head. "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter