Two

From within a concrete cage

WOOO got an extension, I have until June 15. LETS DO THIS PEOPLE.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So," Hoseok says, then takes a sip of the green tea that he had ordered. 

They're sitting in the cafe, at an elegant, rustic-looking table made of twisting and curling bits of black iron drinking tea and coffee, respectively.

The cafe, uncreatively named Cafe Fleur, is warm and cozy, yet elegant, with vintage wallpaper and silhouette-like designs covering the walls. The decorations, like the name of the cafe, are flowers.

Yoongi stares at Hoseok, waiting.

When the younger male doesn't continue, he decides to take the initiative. "So what?" Yoongi presses, then winces internally at his aggressive tone.

"Hmmmm, I forget?" Hoseok says airily, a hint of a smirk evident on his face.

Yoongi wants simultaneously to pull out his hair and punch Hoseok, even if he is a (mostly) nice person.

Just as he's about to lose his temper and say something that he'll probably regret later, he remembers Taehyung.

Ugh. Of course Taehyung's memory shows up to guilt-trip him, now of all times. That's just unfair. Now he really has to be nice. He huffs and buries his face in his arms.

Hoseok watches him huff and takes pity on him.

"Oh, I remember now! It was like ummm what was it oh got it hey....Yeah! I was gonna....oh. I actually don't remember."

Yoongi lifts his head up to roll his eyes. "I hate life," he mutters, dropping his head on his arms once again. 

To the older male's surprise, Hoseok laughs. "Don't we all," he agrees, giving Yoongi a rueful smile.

Yoongi blinks in surprise. "Why, what's wrong with your life?" he asks, head emerging from between his arms again.

"I'm a college student. Y'know, the stereotype- no idea of what I do after college, broke, and just casually failing some classes," Hoseok shrugs. "You?"

'Oh me.. hmmm, let me see... How about... just living life, going to work every day, dead inside, and hey, did I mention that I'm expected to succeed?' Yoongi wants to say. 

That would go over wonderfully.

"Just life," he answers lamely.

Hoseok pouts, mouth curving into an upside down v.

Taehyung always pouted when things didn't go his way.

Yoongi feels a strange urge to say something to make the college student smile. "Uhh, so, why exactly were you jogging in the rain?" 

Hoseok gives a small smile at this and answers, "Just because. I like the rain. Why wouldn't I jog in the rain?"

Taehyung loved the rain.

"Rain is the worst weather to jog in. When it rains, normal people stay inside."

"Well those so-called 'normal people' are wrong," Hoseok says resolutely, flashing another wide smile.

Yoongi almost cracks a smile at this. Almost.

Why does this guy remind him so much of Taehyung?

Hoseok taps Yoongi on the shoulder. "So if you get to ask why I jog in the rain, I get to ask you a personal question. It's only fair."

"Ask away, " Yoongi says carelessly, expecting some question about his favorite color or his family or something.

"Why don't you ever smile?"