One

From within a concrete cage

Must finish by June 8, Kay got this!

Not beta'ed (none of my stories are) so sorrrrrrrrrrry....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A rather short male steps smartly out of his car, a year-old silver Hyundai Sonata parked parfectly in its space, with a cup of steaming black coffee and his black leather briefcase at exactly 7:25 in the morning. The male has short, perfectly gelled jet-black hair and alarmingly pale skin, and is dressed in an impeccably tailored charcoal gray buisness suit with a crisp white button-up shirt and shiny black leather shoes, a perfectly knotted cerulean tie the only color in his outfit. He strides through the glass door of the skyscraper, and passes the security guard, casually waving a hand, showing his card to be let in. He then takes the spacious modern elevator up to the 23rd floor, getting off as soon as the doors slide open. The male greets his coworkers with a monotone "Hello", and finds his cubicle. There, he sits down in the hard blue-green and gray chair in front of his gray desk and checks his heavy silver watch. 

8:00.

Perfectly on time, as usual.

He then proceeds to open his laptop and start typing up the reports contained in the stack of manilla folders on his desk.

So begins the exhausting daily schedule of businessman Min Yoongi.

After a long day, Yoongi staggers to his car at exactly 7:30, praying silently that he doesn't bump into another car because of the murky inky night. He steps in and drives off again safely, until he reaches the parking lot of his apartment. He steps out-

and immediately gets soaked by the pouring rain.

Lovely.

He groans and retrieves his umbrella, and shrugs it over his shoulder as he walks, casually loosening his boring tie as he-

Ouch.

He stumbles backwards, dropping his briefcase (but somehow managing to keep a grip on his umbrella), staring at the startled jogger in front of him.

The jogger appears to be a smiley male around his age, wearing loose black shorts and a thin gray jacket, earbuds stuck in his ears.

Why anyone would be jogging in this weather, never mind jogging at all, oop never mind having the will to live and smile, Yoongi will never understand.

 "Sorry...," he mumbles, turning around to pick up his hopefully still intact briefcase and leave.

"Hey! HEY! Stranger-who-just-bumped-into-me!" an extremely loud voice calls from behind him.

Obviously, he looks around.

It's the jogger again.

They're stuck in a deadlock- neither one moving or speaking, both recognizing the suffocatingly awkward silence, but neither particularly inclined to do anything about it.

"Hi?" Yoongi says (more like asks), then winces internally, beating himself up for his pitiful attempt at making things less awkward.

"Oh! Sorry! Hey, have I seen you before? I swear I've seen you somewhere. Wait, don't tell me...do you go to the tea shop over a few block down the road?" The jogger waves his hands haphazardly around in the air.

Yoongi wasn't even aware that there was a tea shop in the vicinity of the apartment building.

Seeing his look of confusion, the jogger pouts, then suddenly straightens up again, the heart-shaped smile with the blindingly white teeth making a reappearance. "How about the dance studio near the big public library? No? I swear I've seen you somewhere..." The jogger then goes to rattle off the names of 20 more public facilities, all places Yoongi would never visit or places that he rarely visits.

"No, I don't think I've ever seen you before," Yoongi interrupts, maybe a little more rudely then needed.

He should at least try to be friendly.

But it's not like he's ever been a people-person.

Fortunately (or is it unfortunately, perhaps?), the jogger appears to be one.

"Oh...so I don't know you? Okay, whatever, we can still get to know each other, mm?" The male says overexcitedly, beaming.

Yoongi doesn't understand why a normal human being would want to introduce themselves to some stranger in the rain.

But then again, Taehyung would totally do this.

He stares at Yoongi expectantly, waiting for any kind of reaction, and when he doesn't get one, starts talking at lightening speed again. "Sooo, I'm Jung Hoseok. I'm 22 years old, I'm from Gwangju, ummm I like the color green? I work as..." 

Yoongi starts tuning him out, looking up directly into the distracted face of the other male for the first time in their conversation, carefully studying him.

Jung Hoseok has a mop of messy brown hair, bangs half brushed over his slightly long, tan, slim face, different from Yoongi's corpse-pale skin and round face with the deadblack hair. The guy has big, dark, sparkling eyes and a high-bridged, almost fake-looking nose, along high cheekbones with small pink mouth that turns into a lovely heart when he smiles. This is in contrast to Yoongi's unremarkable facial features- his smallish dark eyes, his small 'button' nose, and his small mouth- everything about him is small. The male is also a few centimeters taller than Yoongi (who is, admittedly, not an extremely tall person, but still...) and is long-limbed and slimly muscular, his soaked clothes emphasizing that, with a vaguely graceful and agile air. Yoongi, who is pretty much unmuscled and lazy and short, might as well be another species.

"So, your turn?" Hoseok's voice cuts into Yoongi's silent observations.

He snaps back to attention and freezes. "Huh?" 

"I said, it's your turn. To tell me about you. Because I just did??" Hoseok is looking at Yoongi expectantly, eyes wide.

"...Oh."

"Sooooooo?"

Yoongi sighs in annoyance, raking a hand through what used to be his perfectly gelled hair, tousling it. "...I'm Min Yoongi. 23 years old....From Daegu, and I work at the financial company," he says stiffly. He attempts to be friendly but he can't help it, he's bad at introductions.

"Oh, you're older than me? Okay then Yoongi hyung," Hoseok comments, still irritatingly cheerful. Who gave him permission to call Yoongi hyung? He opens his mouth to complain when-

"Cool, what do you do though? Like are you a economist or a financial expert or a marketing professional or what?" Hoseok continues without even pausing to take a breath.

Yoongi wonders how he can even breathe, and blurts out "Economist!" before Hoseok can start talking again.

Hoseok stares.

"Oh...s-sorry...I'm not good at introductions...or small talk...N-never mind, I'm not good at functioning in society," he mumbles helplessly, mentally kicking himself once again.

Luckily, Hoseok takes pity on him, flashing Yoongi a smile that could light up the entire dark, damp stairwell and says, "It's okay, Yoongi hyung. Now, do you need help cleaning up your papers?"

"What?" Yoongi turns around. Sure enough, behind him, is his briefcase, which had, unfortunately, burst open and deposited all of its contents-

All. Over. The. Ground.

And they're wet now.

And basically ruined.

Yoongi groans.

Hoseok chuckles and then bends over to help pick up the papers. "Hey, it's just water, maybe you can salvage at least some of them."

"No, I can't," Yoongi mutters under his breath.

When they're done plopping the soaking and partially ripped papers into the briefcase, Hoseok turns around with a sympathetic smile. "I'm sorry about your papers. Can I get you coffee or tea or something as an apology?"

Yoongi knows that this would be a disaster, but still, he should at least try to be friendly to the few people who don't judge him for his (lack of) social skills. At least, he should, according to Taehyung. 

Which is probably true.

"Sure?" he grumbles hesitantly.

"Ah.. it's okay if you don't want to..." Hosoeok's dark eyes are round and unsure, and he rapidly plasters a smile across his face. It's fake, and Yoongi can see right through it. 

He feels something in his chest unfold. 

Something that felt similar to what Taehyung's sad eyes used to inflict upon him.

"No, no, it's not that I don't like you, I'm just really awful socially," he says quickly. "I'd be happy to go."

"Really?" Hoseok looks up.

"Yes. Really"

Yoongi sighs again as he follows Hoseok to a cafe he's never been to but often seen on his way to work. Hoseok opens the door and they step in, Yoongi bracing himself for the storm of judgement and pang of abandonment that he was probably going to face later.

He officially decides that he's insane.

Oh well.

Too late to turn back now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo, first chapter. How'd y'all like it??

NOTE: I edited it because I didn't like version one.

Please comment, upvote, subscribe!!!