Sweep Aside (Mina)

Dream Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all, Mina's dream was not to work in a conveniance store for the rest of her life. Certainly that was what she was doing at the moment but that didn't mean that this was all that she would amount to. At least, she hoped not because if that was the case then everything that she'd been working towards had been for nothing.

It was noteworthy that Mina didn't come from a well off family and so, if she wanted something then she had to work for it herself and that was what she was doing now. MIna's real dream was to be a dancer, she wasn't sure what kind yet but she knew that she had an absolute passion for dancing. Her parents had been very supportive of her dream but she'd been told from the start that they wouldn't be able to send her to dance schools or pay for a means so that she may be taught how to dance professionally. So, from the time that she was 12, MIna had been making plans in her head about how she would make her own way in the world. She hadn't given up on her dream of attending the most prestigious dance academy in Korea but rather it was on hold.

Now 16 years old, MIna had been working at the conveniance store in Seoul for just two months but she liked to think that she was adjusting to the position well. She was well liked among the staff and customers alike and the glowing reviews had already seen her promoted from cleaner to cashier. Although the pay increase hadn't been large, it'd been enough that she was now just a fraction closer to having enough for her first years tuition.

That was enough incentive for her to smile brightly towards the future that she knew she'd achieve some day soon.

It just so happened that Mina had the opening shift that day so she arrived practically before the sun had even trudged its way over the horizon, ever present smile never leaving her face as her eyes curved up into cute crescent moons. No matter what the weather was like, if she started her day with a smile then she wasdestined to end it with a smile as well and that was the philosophy that she lived by steadfastly.

Nobody else would arrive for a while yet as it was still almost 2 hours until the shop would actually be open to customers. It was in these early hours that Mina usually practiced doing what she loved the most in the whole world. The store floor wasn't really an ideal dance platform but it was better than anything else that she had available and so she accepted in greatfully. She was always careful, placing her shoes neatly by the entrace and folded her light winter jacket over the counter so that it wouldn't get wrinkled.

Her iPod plugged into the dock with practiced ease and then she was moving to rhythm, completely disregarding what the lyrics were saying or what song was even playing. When her mind became completely focused on dance there was no way to seperate her from the music.

As she was now, Mina would probably dance through an earthquake and still find a way to make it look flowing and smooth. In these stolen moments she felt as though she could completely be herself. No unrealistic expectations and no crushing weight of the work that she ultimately had to put in.

In the moments when it was just Mina and the music, she felt like she was home.

Like any dream though, the magic spell had to be broken and although it felt like she'd been dancing for only a few moments, the alarm chiming on her phone told her otherwise. The disruptive noise was a sign that she had fifteen minutes until she had t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter