Epilogue

What Goes Around Comes Around
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

Amber stared down at the cat curled up on her couch. She’d always wanted a pet to keep her company, though she wasn’t going to lie; she’d wanted a dog originally, like Henry. But now that she had Zelo, she didn’t mind having a cat at all. Not at all.

 

Especially if it meant that she finally had her revenge upon a certain bully at work. She grinned, thinking back a few hours, when she’d met with her uncle at his lab on the outskirts of town.

 

Amber was in the middle of cooking lunch when her phone rang. Upon seeing who it was, she quickly turned off the stove and answered.

 

“Hi, did you get anything?” she demanded.

 

“Slow down, Josie. He’s here. Lost, according to the tracker, but he’ll be down here eventually. You may want to head on over now,” the person on the other line responded.

 

“’Kay, I’ll be there soon,” she replied.

 

Ending the call, she looked down at her half-made food with a sigh. So much for ramen. At least she hadn’t put the water in the bowl yet.

 

She ran to get her wallet before leaving the apartment. As she drove out of the parking lot, she ran thee plan through her head multiple times. It had to go flawlessly for this to work.

 

It was a twenty-minute drive to her destination, her uncle’s lab on the outskirts of town. As she approached the gated fence, her uncle called her again.

 

“Hey, just in time. I just got here. Open the gates, will you?” she said upon answering.

 

“What do you mean you’re outside? I told you that outsiders aren’t-“

 

“Uh, you told me to come?” Amber said, before realizing the situation. “He’s there, isn’t he?” She laughed. “Uncle, you’re bad at acting.”

 

“AMBER JOSEPHINE LIU. Did you really have to crash through the fence?!” Amber winced, not expecting the outburst.

 

“You do realize that crashing through the gate is not in my character, right? Whatever, just open the gates,” she said, rolling her eyes. It seemed her uncle was having too much fun with this.

 

She hung up as the gated fence opened, followed by the main gate. Parking the car, she was met by her uncle’s assistant, who led her through the maze t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter