Butterfly

Butterfly

                        

 

A girl should be like a butterfly- pretty to see, hard to catch.

 

“Can I go and play with Minhyun?” the girl innocently asked her daddy, who was crouching in front of her, tidying her attire of the day. The daddy in question swiftly looked up and saw her cheeks went pink, either from the cold or the obvious crush she had for the other little man, and though he wished for the former as the reason, he knew it wasn’t. He sighed as he turned back down and tied her sneakers tighter as he answered, “We’re here for a holiday dear, don’t you want to play with me and mummy?” he sensed her silence as the guiltiness kicked in.

But she was his and hers, thus he should have expected the upcoming answer, “Then you, me and mummy can go with Minhyun and Aunt Tiffy and Uncle Seunghyun. We play together,” stating the obvious. Sighing out loud, he took a seat in front of her, cross-legged as he pulled her into his laps and hugged her closer. “What’s your favorite animal dear?” “Butterfly!” she exclaimed as her eyes went big and round, shining just from imagining the colorful insect. “Just like mummy,” she answered more and her smile stretched up into a grin as she looked up to see him smiling as well.

“Yup, just like mummy,” he assured her, and both nodded their heads together, thinking over the other petite woman and her butterfly obsession. “Jiyeon-ie, I know you can understand me, so I want to tell you something and I want you to think over it, okay?” his four-year-old little girl nodded her head, sending her black jet, shoulder-length hair went bouncing with her deed. “Is butterfly pretty dear?” she nodded her head eagerly. “I saw them yesterday, they’re colorful and beautiful, I wanna call mummy but Taeyong got her busy,” and she huffed in frustration from remembering the scene.

He chuckled heartily from seeing her innocent pout, “Taeyong is still small dear Princess, of course he’ll get mummy busy. You made her busy once too,” he said to her and kissed her nose lovingly as her eyes widely looking up at him in disbelief from his statement. “And don’t you help mummy if you knew that she’s busy with Taeyong?” he , knowingly that she will apologize next. Her eyes were casted downward as her fingers played together on her laps, “I’m sorry,” and came the expected word and he thought over the elder woman yet again.

“You’re such mummy’s girl though you look a lot like me, you know?” he lightly smiled as he tightened his hug over her, expecting not an answer. “Anyway, you said that the butterfly’s pretty. And I know that they’re hard to catch right?” he asked her again to which she readily answered him, the pout coming back upon her small face, “I like when they’re here because I can see them. But if I go too close, they’ll fly away,” hands moving around to express her story better. Eyes went up to stare into his, as if asking him to trust her, but he had, already trusting her with his whole life even.

“I know sweetheart, but my point is, that’s how you should be-” “I should fly?” she cut him innocently, sending him into a fit of laughter. Seeing that he wouldn’t stop any time around, she turned from his laps and sat in front of him, mirroring his position. “I can’t fly daddy, can you teach me?” she asked him again and he went doubled in laughter as he never expected her to be so naïve. She crookedly smile at him, didn’t know what to do with the situation in hand. He wiped the invisible tear she caused him and went for her hands, gripping them in his.

“A girl should be like a butterfly, pretty to see but hard to catch. Don’t show your interest into boys so readily yet play it cool. Once in a while, it’s okay to say no if he asked to play, to turn him down when he bossed you around, to leave him be if he annoyed you, and to be mad if he’s being stupid. If he loves you as much as you love him, he’ll stick around no matter what you do and then you’ll get him wrapped around your little finger,” he said to her, didn’t really expecting her to understand such words. “My finger?” she asked him again, as she showed off her fingers in front of their eyes in the middle.

“Yup, your finger, do you understand me?” he asked her again, to which she nodded carelessly, eyes still fixated on her tiny hand, wriggling her fingers around. He scooped her back into his laps when she asked him the unexpected, “Did mummy play you cool as well? Did she say no? Did she turn you down? Did she leave you be? Did she be mad at you?” silence as he reminiscing all the hard works and tears he shed over their earlier years together, he smiled blissfully. “She got me around her little finger isn’t she?” he whispered into the girl’s hair as the reply just before the door opened.

Coming out from there was a small, petite woman in her early thirties, together with a little boy hanging over her left hip, sending the father-daughter company to look up from their spot on the floor. “What were you guys doing sitting down?” she asked them as he carefully got up with the little girl in his arms. Placing her down near them, he took his other mini-me from the woman as he answered her with a shrug, swiftly walking down the steps towards their rented car. “Daddy said I need to be like a butterfly, do I need to fly mummy?” the girl ranted off, sending the mother to eye the father in scrutiny.

“Can we go to Minhyun’s?” Jiyong groaned as he listened, thinking maybe that it was still too early to have that talk with her. That he was wishing for her just to be his little one, if can for forever and eternity. “Can we call Uncle Riri first? He must be missing me a lot now,” she said almost faintly as Jiyong sighed from behind the wheels. Taeyeon chuckled at his reaction and pat his arm in pity.

 

 

# i never check back my work so any mistake do tell and point it out to me~ r&r

## just some wild imagination that i have upon me missing my own daddy .___.