one

Bogus Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started when I picked up the call.

"Hello, is this Jung Eunrae?"

"Yes, speaking."

"This is Big Hit Entertainment here, we received your application for acting."

I rejoiced internally. Yes! Finally an acting gig to end my jobless drought!

"You said you can commit immediately right?" The voice interrupted my thoughts and I realised I didn't reply, so I quickly stammered back an answer before the offer was withdrawn. 

"Yes. Yes I can!"

"Very well, we have an assignment for you. Mind you, it's a very big one with high commitment."

"I'll do it." I blurted out, feeling myself implode with excitement. This could very well be my big break. 

"Wow, love the enthusiasm! Could you come down to our office now then to have a look at the contract?"

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes." I grabbed my wallet and phone, already mentally plotting my route to town.

The name's Eunrae, as you probably have figured, and I live in Seoul. I didn't always use to though. My dreams of being a star brought me all the way here... and also severed my ties with my parents, leaving me with an insane amount of debt piling up. It's to the point where I'm living on my landlord's mercy to prevent being evicted.

I gripped my hands together as I anxiously surveyed the traffic from the backseats of the cab- a luxury I rarely have since I don't have that much money other than for public transport. But the urgency in the caller's tone seemed to warrant this and I wasn't about to turn away my only source of income right now.

"Thank you, miss." The taxi driver smiled at me warmly as I gave him the money.

"Thanks so much for rushing, sir! Have a good day!" I hurriedly waved as I hurtled out of the cab towards the office building.

"Good luck for whatever it is!" I heard him calling after me, bless his soul.

I would definitely need it.

I took a deep breath as I surveyed myself in the reflective glass doors of the tall skyscraper building of Big Hit Entertainment. I ignored the voices of self-doubt and pushed past the revolving doors to walk in.

The building was so massive that I took a long time just to find the lifts. Feeling like a lost sheep, I stumbled into the open doors of the lift and  recoiled in horror when I realised I had stepped onto someone's shoes. "S-sorry!" I stammered instantaneously and looked up to see who was it I had stepped on.

A tall, polished man with sharp features stared back icily at me. His poise and dressing was classy and exuded status and prestige, but he was so strikingly boyish-looking that a blush creeped up my face.

I continued staring at him as the lift ascended without my notice and he stepped aside, his face tightening into a scowl.

"You should be." He uttered firmly and finally tore his death glare away from me to look at his phone.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I quickly turned around, hot in embarrassment and pressed the button to the 12th floor- only to realise that it was already lit. Could it be that we were going to the same floor.... Oh heavens.... What if he was a VIP that would determine my fate in Big Hit!? I groaned to myself inwardly at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter