•Part 1•

Mad Hatter

The floor starts to shake from side to side and suddenly, the man in front of me is not there anymore, the small charm left down in the counter. It's small rock shines while I grip the counter in order to not fall, the shaking getting stronger by the second. My chest tightens in fear, my breathing getting shallower as I look around the place, things falling from counters and tables. There's a sound of crystal breaking every 5 seconds now and my ears can now barely hear a thing. Just when I close my eyes to start praying the earthquake stops, and suddenly everything is too quiet, there's a buzzing sound on my ears and my legs feel like they are going to give out. 

I open my eyes, it's blurry for some minutes, so I stand there, looking blankly at the purple wall, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the dim lightening. After I can clearly see all my surroundings, I look around with furrowed eyebrows. There's nothing in this room, only the glass table I was leaning on and the 4 purple walls around me.

What is this? Must be another one of my crazy dreams, I need to get more sleep. Just when I finish this two sentences a sudden voice starts talking and I look up with wide eyes.

"What is this? Must be another one of my crazy dreams," I stare at the purple ceiling in shock, "I need to get more sleep." The voice echoes until it finally drowns out. I glance anxiously to all the walls, a feeling of fear taking over all my confused thoughts. When my eyes fall on the table again I stop any movement and look at a small cake placed on top of said table.

Eat me, it reads. I hesitatingly take a step forward, reaching out to grab the small spoon placed beside the cake and then taking a small piece of the cake with the spoon. Just when I'm about to take a bite I see a small key that was hidden below the plate the cake was in. I curiously glance at it.

Why is it here? There's no doors around.

"Why is it here? There's no doors around." I look up and glare at the ceiling.

You sure are getting annoying.

"You sure are getting annoying." I huff and glance back at the table, taking the small key in my grasp while I whisper to myself, "It's surely mocking me, no more thoughts for now." 

It doesn't repeat my sentence anymore and I smile triumphantly. I finally eat the piece of cake and a small moan makes its way out of my mouth, it had to be vanilla. 

"Hahaha." I gasp and the plate falls from my hands as I continue to grow, my hands get bigger and the key falls from my other hand as it gets too small that it went through my fingers. My head collides with the ceiling and I let out a yelp as I continue to get pressed against the feeling, my head and neck hurt now and my legs are bending forward in order to keep myself inside the room and to not break the ceiling by sticking out of it.

"Oh for god's sake." There's some chuckles sounding from the corners of the room and now that I'm on the same height as the ceiling it feels like they are beside me, laughing at my face. 

I notice my empty hands after struggling to move my head and ending with my cheek stuck against the ceiling. I gasp for air and look at the floor, my eyes searching everywhere for the key. Instead of finding the key my eyes fall on a small bottle that I hadn't notice, it was steadily placed on the table, like it hadn't moved a little while I grew. It was almost taunting me, there was a shining glint to the bottle and there was a paper stuck to the cap. 

I bend down, my knees fall on the floor and I wince, reaching out to rub my leg as the bottle gets closer to my face. I crawl forward and in a matter of seconds the bottle is in front of me, it seemed shiner now, and I can now read the letters written on the paper.

Drink me, it reads. I squint my eyes at the familiar phrase and I want to punch the small table below the bottle. 

"Hahaha." I glance backwards and huff, my eyes are narrowed and my jaw is unconsciously clenched. As in go to grab the bottle I see a small object behind it and my eyes widen slowly.

The key. 

"The key." I don't hear them this time as I smile widely to myself and grab the key with my thumb and my index finger. With my other hand I open the bottle and quickly drink it, whatever it was going to cause wasn't going to be worst than growing so tall. 

This time, as I start to shrink and my body parts get tinier, I don't let the key fall, gripping it in my hand now as the key is suddenly bigger than my fingers. I look up and around, a small smile in my face as I stare at the table from below. 

I start to run around the room, looking for any kind of way to get out of here. If there even was one. Just as I turn around to run up to another wall I catch a brown knob on my left from the corner of my eye. 

I gasp and start to run towards the brown door, the key jingling on my hands and I grip it with both hands so it doesn't fall while I run. I breath heavily through my mouth and quickly reach out to unlock the door. I turn it to the right three times and I hear a click, a small smile lights up my face. 

Just as I go to turn the knob a small voice whispers, "Right, Taeil."

I glance at both ways and gulp, ignoring the sudden warning and opening the door to get out of whatever this dream was. But I step back as soon as I open the door, the bright light blinding me and I squint my eyes when they start to get teary, I rub them to get the icky feeling away. After some good seconds of staring at my white shoes I look up, the icky feeling comes back as the sky seems brighter than usual and all the color looks almost so surreal it all seems fake.

I look around dazed, my sight is full of blue, green and red. But with much more of the green. I take a step forward and as I reach backwards to close the door all I get to is air, confused I turn around to be faced with nothing but more trees. I blink and just as my eyes fall on a red and white bracelet placed on my wrist a sudden voice yells out from me hind me, scaring me to my guts.

"Welcome! You must be Taeil?" I jump in shock and turn around with my hands positioned in a knife way. I blink at the two jet black-haired boys standing in front of me.

"Let us introduce ourselves. I'm Jaemin!" The one at the right continues talking and smiles widely at me. I hear a small giggle from behind me and I turn around again and stare at the other boy in shock.

"And I'm Jeno. You saw how quick I am? Now I'm here and now," My eyes follow him as he speedily takes his place beside the other, "I'm here." He finishes off with a wide smile of his own and I glance at the two giddy boys with an awkward smile.

"Hey." I mumble quietly and their smiles, somehow, get wider.

After 2 minutes of them staring at me they both jump suddenly and open their hands before wiggling them and screaming at the same time, "Welcome to Wonderland!" I blink and before I ask them where exactly we are, I am being pushed through the forest of trees and colorful plants with two boys singing behind me.

Well, I mean, can it get stranger?

I furrow my eyebrows and looks at the two boys who were singing, smiles in their faces as they looked forward and skipped in their steps. And a sudden voice appears in my thoughts.

Tweedledee 

Tweedledum