01

Loving You is Painful but I do it Anyway

"Rinrin!" His voice rang out. It was beautiful. She felt like she was floating on a cloud, his voice shimmering around her. Visible and touchable and sweet. 

"RINRIN! WAKE UP!" His voice came again, this time much louder and much more annoying. 

"Aish~" She whined, "Oppa! I was having a good dream!" She sat up in bed, looking at her best friend as he sat on the floor. His hands were cupped around his mouth like he had been about to scream through them. 

"Morning Rinrin-ah." He smiled.

"Morning Jinki-oppa." She yawned, stretching her arms out above her and sighing. "I need to get ready now."

"Right." Jinki didn't move.

"That was my subtle way of telling you to leave, oppa."  She giggled.

"O-oh! Right!" He smiled, backing out of her room. She got up and went into her  personal bathroom to start her morning ritual. Jinki took a wrong step and landed on his , twisting his ankle as well. He winced as he stood, sighing in relief when he realized she hadn't heard. He left her room and headed to her kitchen, sitting at her counter with two cups of coffee and a doughnut for her.

Ten minutes later she was dressed and ready and standing in front of Jinki, ready to face the day, as well as their first college day of their sophmore year. 

"Oppa! Lets go!" She clapped excitedly, grabbing the doughnut and coffee he brought for her. Jinki grabbed his coffee and followed, successfully hiding his limp. He loved her with his whole heart but she could be so oblivious sometimes. It was a good thing that, one) they lived so close to the college and two) she had her car so they could drive. He was positive that walking on his foot would hurt it worse. They were sitting on a park bench outside of the university, waiting for there classes to start.

"-ki? Jinki!?" Rinrin was trying to get Jinki's attention, he had been so caught up in his thoughts he hadn't heard her calling his name. She had asked him where he wanted to go for lunch today, they were going to meet up with some of their other friends later and she wanted to know where they should all go to eat. Jinki's first thought was "Chicken". His first sentence was "How about we get fried chicken." His second thought was "No, no. I cant be selfish." His second sentence was "Where do you want to go?" 

Rinrin truly just wanted to go somewhere alone with Jinki. But that would be awkward, wouldn't it? There was a sudden silence between them and Rinrin moved to put her hand on his. She wanted to tell him, right now, that she loved him. But before her hand touched his, he stood up. He then tripped over his own shoe lace and fell.

"Jinki!! Oppa are you alright?!?!" She asked frantically. 

"F-fine..."He muttered with his face planted in the dirt. 

"Do you need some help?"She asked, hovering over him, worrying.

"No. Just go. I'm fine." His voice came out more harsh then he had planned and he could feel Rinrin stiffen.

"Alright then." She said, her voice only slightly wavering, but enough for Jinki to know she was upset by his tone. When he was positive she was gone, he stood, brushing himself off. He walked to his class, sitting down in the back corner by the window and daydreamed. 

-----

Jinki loved Rinrin with all his heart, but he felt that they weren't truly meant to be. Well, he wasn't actually sure. He thought that. But it was one of those thoughts that no matter how many times you think it, you doubt it. Jinki doubted it because he loved Rinrin. But he believed it because he always hurt himself in front of her.

You see, Jinki is a little slow on the up-take. He doesn't understand love. At all. So the butterflies in the stomach, the fast heart pounding, the sweaty palms, the nerves, to him these things are like a disease. He thinks he's constantly sick. Well, he is. Love sick.

Jinki wondered from where Rinrin left him, passed the nurses office and various classes. He just had no idea what to do with himself. To love or not to love? That was the question in Jinki's head. Of course, his heart was saying "love" while the head was saying "do not love". But the heart wants what the heart wants and Jinki found himself standing outside Rinrin's class.

He stood quietly, staring at the door for some time. The class was lively and animated inside. There was a debate going on about the teacher's previous lecture. Jinki didn't understand, he couldn't understand. His heart was too focused on the girl, sitting near the back, with her pen in hand writing furiously on a page in her notebook as she subconsciously bit her lip and twirled her hair.

The sight of her knocked the air out of Jinki's lungs and his heart beat faster. Jinki understood now, he realized he loved Rinrin. He opened the door and stood inside, his breathing abnormal and fast even though he'd only taken a few steps.

"Rinrin! I love you!" he shouted. The whole class was astonished at the sudden proclamation.

"Jinki Oppa, what are you-" she blushed.

"Rinrin, I love you. I have loved you. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize. Mian, Rinnie-ah. Saranghaeyo." Jinki announced as he walked towards her.

Rinrin was blushing like mad as Jinki confessed. She felt that this was all she had ever wanted and it was happening, and she couldn't have been happier.

"*ahem* This is still a class. And you're interrupting it. So please, why don't the two of you take this someplace private. Like the principles office?" the teacher tapped her foot angrily as she shooed Rinrin and Jinki out.

"Jinki Oppa, what were you thinking? During class? If I'm kicked out its your fault!" Rinrin sighed, secretly teasing.

"So...does this mean you don't like me?" Jinki pouted.

"Of course not Oppa! I love you!" Rinrin giggled, throwing her arms around Jinki's neck and hugging him. Jinki grinned happily and leaned down to peck Rinrin's lips. But he closed his eyes and missed , actually kissing the tip of her nose...and Rinrin had no idea he did it by accident.