Prologue

안봐도 비디오 - VIDEO

A/N: Here's the start! Enjoy ~ and don't forget to comment. And I hope it's gonna meet your expectations ^^ if not, well, sorry not that sorry...

 


 

The twins only knew palace life. Hanbin also knew war and fights. His twin knew literature, embroidery and sewing. Especially not war.

Or at least that what he thought before today.

But her skill wasn’t the best he realised when he saw her wince under the attack. She wasn’t strong enough to successfully block all attacks and the enemy was going to outnumber her. He ran back to help her and they barely manage to escape to their parents’ room. They close the door and block it with a chair. They knew it was a matter of time before the door would break down. He took the hardest decision of his life. He then turned to the most beautiful brown eyes and soften his gaze.

“Hayi, go in the parents’ walk-in and hide. Don’t come until I tell you so.”

She wanted to protest. She didn’t want him to die for her; she even took fighting lessons to assist him if he needed to. However, the constant banging on the door discourage her. They went inside and closed the closet door. She decided to hide behind the door while Hanbin was unsheathing his sword. Hiding low behind the door, Hayi leaned on the wall to take her breathe and felt it sinking. She fumbled around and discovered a trap behind her mom shoes, only big enough to let pass a child. She tried to pull on it and successfully opened it. It was a secret passage. She showed her discovery to her brother.

“Oppa. Look what I found. We could both hide there. I think it’s big enough for you to pass.”

He turned around to see the secret passage. He sighted in relief: he wouldn’t have to fight and let her sister alone.

“Let’s go.” He hurried her. While she was entering the passage, he put back his sword in his sheath and followed her. He closed the trap and they were stock in pure darkness. Out of instinct he gripped his sister and squeezed her against him enjoying the fainted scent of her hair. He tried to think about something that could help them but Hayi was already releasing herself from his embrace and start to pull on his hand. How could he forget that she had a perfect nocturne vison? It was her special gift. No matter how dark it was, it would always appear as clear as the day. He followed her toward tunnel and no long after she was presenting him a torch.

“I know you hate when you know nothing.” He smiled at her gratefully. He took out his fire stone and lit it. They continue walking for what it seems ages before finding an exit.

 

They shivered at the cold night air. They took a moment to orientate themselves. They were in a forest and they assumed it was the Enchanted one when they saw a unicorn. They decided to settle down for the night nearby the entrance. They were asleep cuddling after half an hour.

 


 

Hayi woke up in a bed, alone. She sat up and discover that she was in a night grown. Maybe she felt asleep in the library and her brother put her to bed. Could he had changed her? She blushed at the thought. Looking around she realized she wasn’t in her bed. The events of the last day came back.

So where was she?

While panic was starting to form, a knock at the door was heard and soon after she was her brother and another man she didn’t know enter the room. Both men let a sigh of relief when they saw her awake. Hanbin came closer and gave her a sweet lingering kiss on her forehead. She smiled.

“I was worried. You’ve been sleeping for two days.” She faced him.

“Did I? I’m sorry to have worried you. It won’t happen again.”

“It’s not your fault. I know using your special gift takes a lot of energy. I’ll come back with food, wait a minute.” He left.

“How can he leaves me with a stranger?” she thought.

Gathering some courage, she asked.

“Who are you?”

His peaceful and deep voice surprise her.

“It doesn’t matter since you’re up. But know that I am on your late father’s side and I mean no harm to both of you.”

When her eyes caught his, he let out a gasp of surprise and mumbled something Hayi couldn’t understand. He didn’t add anything else and a few moments later Hanbin came back with a tray full of food. He put it before his sister.

“Hanbin, I need to talk to you. Hayi, eat.” The weird man said and left the room without any further explanation. When he was out of reach Hayi spoke to her brother.

“He said he was nobody? Who is he? Can we really trust him?”

“Yeah, don’t worry. He’s a little bit eccentric. His name is Soojun and he was the wizard slash adviser of Father. He was on a trip during the last few weeks. He came back two days ago and learn what happened at the village. He found us at the end of the tunnel and brought us back to a secret place Father constructed in case of emergency. Eat, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” And he left the room. Hayi didn’t have other choice than to obey.

Outside, Soojun was pacing back and forth. “Should I tell him or not? … I should, so his legacy will be safe. Or not? So he can’t prevent it. It’s obvious that they are in love. He wouldn’t agree.”  

At this moment, he saw Hanbin coming closer. He decided in a second.

“You wanted to talk to me?”

“Yes, I have something really important to tell you concerning your sister.”

Hanbin frown. “What it is?”

“She is the One.”

“I don’t understand.”

“I know you don’t. Come with me at the attic.” They were still at the beginning of the stairs when a heard a loud bang on the front door.

“! The house had been located. We need to disappear before they enter. Go to your sister and tell her to hurry finish eating and dressing. I’ll come in a minute.” And he ran up the stairs. Hanbin went to her twin to relay the wizard’s message.

Soojun appeared a moment later in the room with a big mural mirror.

“You need to go in that.” Pointing the mirror.

Hanbin raised an eyebrow. “How, exactly?” But Hayi just got up and approached the mirror, and to the surprise of all, passed through it without the slightest hesitation. In aw, Soojun asked.

“She was in her night grown, right?”

“! Yes. I need to take her dress.” Hanbin was already taking her things and walked to the mirror. He was about to cross it when Soojun spoke.

“Wait. The clothes won’t pass if they are carried by hand. You’ll have to buy her some. Take that with you.” And he gave him a rectangular plastic card. “Now go. And don’t forget, she can’t fall in love.”

“What?”

“Go! We don’t have enough time but remember that.” And he pushed Hanbin through the mirror.