nightmare is nothing if I got you.

morning coffee, luscious warm blankets and you.

Three updates in one day, wow I'm amaze with myself. Written this while listening to Ed Sheeran's album at 5am. What is sleep? Also please follow Day6 on the V App so we can get their dorm tour video. I'm clawing myself at 5am because I need to imagine how their dorm looks like fml.

 

 

 

 

Jae woke with a start, sweating and panting from the images that had just flared across his closed eyes. The fear and the pain that still seared through his brain and body whenever he had this nightmare still lingered, so he climbed out of bed – careful not to wake Brian – and walked with shaking steps to the bathroom across the hall.

He felt his way to the sink, as there was obviously no point in turning on the lights, and splashed the icy water in his face. It helped a bit; washed away some of the fear he knew shouldn’t be real anymore, but which still was. Jae knew he wouldn’t be able to sleep again, though, so he dried the water off his face and made his way down the stairs, as silently as he could.

There was no point in waking up Brian for this, it wasn’t something he couldn’t handle himself.

He didn’t know what time it was, but judging by the thick silence that lay over the apartment building and the streets outside, it was sometime in the middle of the night: the hours between the time when most had come home from various bars and clubs, and the time when those who started work way too early had to get up.

He found the kettle on the bench and filled it with water, turned it on and found a cup and a teabag from the cabinets. He smelled the tea to make sure he got the right one. Chamomile.

Tea always keeps him calm when he peels anxious or sad, he even drank almost 1 litre of tea before their first ever music broadcast.

He settled down with his cup of steaming liquid at the kitchen table, and carefully took a sip. He heard Brian before he had started on the stairs, and Jae sighed. He’d woken him after all. He wasn’t really sorry about it, though, as Brian was much more effective than tea when it came to calming him down after a nightmare, Jae just didn’t want to depend on him every single time.

When Brian flicked on the lights, the darkness in Jae’s vision changed just a few shades. He took another sip of the tea. The air behind him moved as Brian passed, pulled out the chair to Jae’s left and sat down.

“Hey”, he said, softly, and his hand touched the bare skin on Jae’s arm. “You ok?”

Jae nodded, wrapped his fingers around the warm cup on the table. Brian’s soft fingers made gentle circles on Jae’s arm, trying to rub the pain away. It worked, and Jae closed his eyes a few seconds in appreciation. He could hear Brian stretch out to his left, and a second later, the sound from Brian’s phone filled the kitchen. The moment after he turned it on, a new song started, and Jae vaguely recognized it as Ed Sheeran. He couldn’t remember the title.

Brian turned up the volume a little, stood up, and fished Jae’s hand away from the cup he was holding.

“C’mon”, he said, pulling Jae to his feet. “Dance with me”.

“Brian, you know I don’t dance and what if wake up the others?”

“Just this once. I’ll lead, it’s easy and the others are sleeping like a log, they won’t wake up”.

Jae sighed, but let Brian take his hand in his and place the other one on his waist. Jae put his on Brian’s shoulder.

 

Should this be the last thing I see
I want you to know it's enough for me
'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need 

 

They didn’t move around much, but Brian led him carefully around in circles, barely swinging back and forth to the gentle tones of the music.

 

 I'm so in love, so in love
So in love, so in love

 

They stood almost nose-to-nose. Jae could feel his boyfriend’s warm breath on his cheeks, and he knew Brian was looking at him. He could feels his warm eyes.

You look so beautiful in this light


Your silhouette over me


The way it brings out the blue in your eyes


Is the Tenerife Sea

 

Brian leaned his forehead against Jae’s,and Ed Sheeran’s voice flooded comfortably through the kitchen as he started on the chorus.

 

Jae smiled. He’d heard the song before but had forgotten the lyrics, and maybe the irony in the situation should make him sad or frustrated or angry, but it didn’t. It made him happy, a silent happiness that sneaked its way into his chest and settled there.

 

And all of the voices surrounding us here


They just fade out when you take a breath


Just say the word and I will disappear


Into the wilderness

 

Brian removed his forehead from Jae’s, and his mouth came to a stop right next to his ear. The hand on Jae’s waist pulled him a little closer. So silently it was almost a whisper, Brian sung the lyrics to the chorus, his mouth never leaving it’s place next to Jae’s ear, his breath tickling his neck.

Should this be the last thing I see


I want you to know it's enough for me


'Cause all that you are is all that I'll ever need

I'm so in love, so in love


So in love, so in love

Jae let go of his hand, and let his own fingers come to rest on Brian’s chest instead. He tucked his head under his boyfriend’s chin where he fitted perfectly, and he soon felt Brian’s arms around him.

“It’s true, y’know”, Brian said, voice still low and soft.

“What?”

“I’m so in love with you”.

Jae smiled into Brian’s neck.

“You are so cheesy, YoungK”.

A small laughter shook its way up through Brian’s throat until it escaped from his lips.

“When you need me to be, I can be as chessy as anyone”.

Jae just murmured in response. He realized he was suddenly very tired, and he leaned on Brian as if he was a pillow.

“You’re tired”.

“Mmmm…”

“Want me to carry you?”

“Mmmm…”

Brian took that as a yes and scooped him up off the floor, carried him up to their shared room and put him down on the bed. The mattress shifted as Brian climbed in next to Jae, wrapped him in a hug, and sighed. Jae fell asleep almost instantly, listening to Brian’s breathing and steady heartbeat, and feeling the warm hands gently rubbing his back.

 

 

why Brian keeps carrying Jae? can you walks by yourself Jae? Can I stop imagine Brian keep carrying Jae at their dorm after the sukira video? No