midnight.

morning coffee, luscious warm blankets and you.

 

 

 

 

Jae steps out of his room to find Brian on the floor of their living room, with a Modern Business Administration textbook on top of him. He seems to be trying hard cramming all the information in but Jae can see he's distracted by the heavy weight of the book and he also looks sleepy its almost 1am after all. Jae sits beside him as Brian flips around to land on his stomach.

"How long have you been studying, I thought you are asleep?” Jae asks, setting down his MacBook at top of the table between them.
Jae gently rubbing his eyes and yawn.

Brian takes his pen and scribble something on his book. "Two. I had to re-read a lot of lines," he answers, his eyes watching Jae taking his laptop and turning it on . "And why you are not sleeping?"

“I suddenly can’t sleep, maybe because you are not sleeping beside me or maybe Dowoon snores are too loud.” Jae giggles while fixing his messy hair. Brian only smiles before kissing the top of Jae head. He glances at the others and realizes the dimmed light come from the lampstand beside them is shining on Jae’s face and hair, illuminating his features. Jae looks like a kid, with his oversize hoodie and his eye are attached to his laptop screen.

They remain in silent for 10 minutes before Jae breaks the silence. “Kang Younghyun, you maybe think that I don’t realize but why you are staring at me? I thought you have a book you need to read.”  Jae turn his face to Brian before squints his eye.

Brian only grins and flips a page of his book. “You are too cute.”

Jae only shakes his head. “Do you want me to quiz you or maybe read it for you?” Jae says, his eyes still fixes on his laptop screen.

“Nah, it’s alright. What are you doing?”

Jae plaster a stupid smile on his face before putting away his laptop. “Nothing. I just checking on my email.”

Brian only smiles and put his arm around Jae’s shoulder and begins to read again.

For a few minutes, only the sound of the flips of pages and the sounds effect of the game Jae playing on his phone are heard. But then, Brian only hears his fingers flipping pages. It’s too quiet, way too quiet. He didn’t hear any sound from Jae’s, he maybe reading something  from his phone, but Brian turns to look anyway.

And finds Jae is sleeping.

Brian stares, unbelieving.  Jae tucked his left hand and his right hand is hanging  over the edge of the sofa, still holding his phone tightly. Brian fixes Jae sleeping position slowly and decides not to wake him up, he enjoys watching Jae sleeping after all.

 

It’s three am when Brian wakes Jae from his sleep (or nap reconsidering he only sleeps for an hour.

“Hyung, wake up. Let’s sleep in the room.” Brian shakes Jae body slowly, just enough to make him awake. Jae slowly opens his eyes and frown at Brian face looming over his. Brian only smiles again and ruffles Jae’s hair.

“Let’s go to sleep. Study time is over.” He says, placing a peck on Jae’s lips. He gets up and head to the table, rearranged the books and keeps all the scattering paper, or Sungjin will nags at him tomorrow.

Jae blink his eyes, trying to collect his consciousness before get up and walks a few step to Brian.

Brian is putting the last book in the drawer when he feels an arm circling his waist.

“I’m sorry I fell asleep,” Jae pouts, resting his head on Brian’s shoulders. “I promise I won’t fall asleep the next time I’m accompany you studying.”

Brian puffs out a chuckle. “It’s not your fault Jae, it’s already late.”

Jae tightens his hug on Brian. “Can you piggyback me? I’m so sleepy to walk”

Brian turns around, facing Jae. “I love you too, Jae. But no!”

 

Brian piggyback Jae anyway, because Jae is to precious to resist.